Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 11:27 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,537,296 times

Advertisements

Sadly, yes, when it looks like they're expecting and they're not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2014, 12:34 AM

169 posts, read 829,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
SO i have a a lower belly pooch but i do not know if i would look gross wearing tight clothing.
Why can't you answer this question for yourself? Go in a store, try on some tight clothing and see if it looks good or not. Use your own judgement and don't dress only for men. Be yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Guys who are in shape will be turned off by it. Guys with huge bellies will not have a problem with it.

Of course, fat guys are attracted to fat women.
Hmm, so explain to me why I have seen plenty of scrawny/average/athletic men with plus sized women and plenty of overweight men with super skinny chicks?

Old 05-19-2014, 03:31 AM

2,004 posts, read 3,421,166 times
Just my opinion....Guys that would turn down an opportunity to go out with a woman simply because she has a "lower belly pooch", just might be missing out on real fine relationship. Even if it's just casual and who knows she might be the one that finally rocks your world.

Old 05-19-2014, 04:05 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,580,036 times
As long as it's proportional to everything else, I actually prefer it. Big breasts, big behind, a few extra pounds. voluptuous, thick, chubby whatever you want to call it..that's ideal.

Old 05-19-2014, 05:51 AM

9,015 posts, read 13,859,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeteoMan View Post
In that case, it's a matter of how much we're talking here.

For example in this picture (on the article) of a woman who had liposuction, is it more like the before or the after picture?

http://blog.drseymourweaver.com/derm...n-abdomen1.jpg

It doesn't bother me much really, but in the "before" image, the protruding belly looks out of proportion with the legs/butt and I prefer better proportions in general, personally speaking. But there are more important factors to consider above this, like personality as has been said.

It looks like sort of in between those extremes.

the top half of my tummy is flat,but the bottom below the belly button sticks out. I think its my uterus pushing my lower belly out,like a kangaroo pouch. I cannot see the bulge in pants,only in tight skirts and dresses made from non denim material.

I have to find a pic.

Apparently though,this happens with pear shapes more than apple shapes.

Lower body gain happens in the lower belly,hips,and thighs for pear shapes.

Old 05-19-2014, 06:39 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,229,153 times
To Jerseygal:

Exercise is the key to success in reducing your tummy, not plastic surgeries. Yes, a tummy can be unhealthy in the later ages, but not during pregnancy. To help you, I suggest making time for working out. From your earlier posts, I understand that you are stressed, overworked, and therefore unable to incorporate an exercise routine or make healthy food choices. This has led to you being overweight. As a fellow jersey guy who has been through the same, I would like to help you. Here is my sincere advice to help incorporate an exercise routine into your busy schedule. Also, make healthy eating a priority.
  1. Buy a set of dumbbells ranging from 10-60 lb
  2. Every day, before dinner, spend 40 minutes in your balcony or backyard doing exercises with weights. Slowly increase the weights
  3. Eat a nutritious dinner (DO NOT rely upon dominos or Mc. Donalds), and breakfast (No Donuts)
  4. Do not make excuses unless you are feeling ill or hurt.
  5. Take a cold shower between your exercise routine and dinner to stay refreshed

Do this consistently, and observe the results in 1 year. Hope this advice helps. If this does not work, make a doctors appointment ,explain what you have been doing, and ask him/her why you have a tummy problem.

Old 05-19-2014, 07:47 AM

1,935 posts, read 4,781,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
No Problem. Am I the only guy who gets off on the "before weight loss picture" on diet products ? Thick women are hot as long as they can deal with it....thick with a bad attitude is a death sentence IMO.
I would have, back in the day. Now that I'm married to the best real-life "before" example I've ever seen, no need to do that. As I've said, we all have our tastes.

Someone said that only fat guys like fat women. I call myself fat but most people don't. I'm 6'2" and when I get much below 200 pounds, people start telling me that I'm looking "too thin", even though, if they could see me without my shirt on, they'd see that I still have some paunch around the midsection. Two years ago I got back down to my lowest adult weight ever - 193 - and the reactions were more negative than positive, even though 193 pounds at 6'2" is not a bad weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrchick View Post
Hmm, so explain to me why I have seen plenty of scrawny/average/athletic men with plus sized women and plenty of overweight men with super skinny chicks?
Tell me about it. At one of the places where my wife and I play, there's a couple where the guy is short and skinny and the woman is tall and huge. They're in their 30s. I don't know what's up with her but she is a resident there for now, and he is an employee. Yet, they appear very happy together... happier than most married couples.

And on the other side of the spectrum, I know a married couple where the man is like 6'4" and well over 400 pounds, and the woman is short and thin.

So... just remember... there's never any accounting for taste, nor is there any accurate way to determine taste without asking.

Essentially this makes the OP's first question irrelevant. Some men will be turned off by a belly on a woman, some men will be turned on by a belly on a woman, and some won't care one way or the other.

Old 05-19-2014, 08:15 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,440,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy64 View Post
OF COURSE it's a turn off. You already knew that.

The REAL question is what other attributes do you have to offset that?
Well, keep in mind this is a chick who had to ask who pays for parking fines when she's giving someone a ride?

Old 05-19-2014, 08:20 AM

17,554 posts, read 39,195,810 times
IMO people spend WAY too much time obsessing over one body part or another - it's really all about the SUM OF THE PARTS! Everyone has one or more things they are not happy about body-wise, it's the way it is. I am a woman (currently married) but I have been attracted to all types of guys, tall, heavy, short and scrawny, handsome, homely - U-name-it. There is always that "it" factor that pervades any physical issues for me. I would hope most men feel the same. By the way, I am very tall, with big breasts, long legs and a pretty good figure except I do have a small butt and kind of big belly which is mostly disguised under my clothing. My husband thinks I look great!

Old 05-19-2014, 08:35 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,018,225 times
Not a big fan of a "joey", but I think people should wear whatever clothes they want. Never understood why people care about other's clothing and that includes men and women. If people want to wear skimpy clothes, so what? Wish the US was more like Germany when it comes to caring about clothes. Go to a pool in Germany and people actually wear swimsuits, not the long pants that Americans seem to love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty