Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2014, 11:02 AM

706 posts, read 1,180,318 times

Advertisements

I'm a figure competitor,..work out 5-6 days a week (heavy lifting not BSing on the treadmill), have a very strict diet and im a mom of 2. Except when I'm in stage ready condition with a body fat of 10-12%, I have a little lower belly pouch. It's especially common in women who have had kids because the stomach muscles split and don't always mend together properly. I've consulted several surgeons who have said the only thing that will help is a tummy tuck. So though not all women have it....it's probably more common than not.

That being said there is a difference between a little pouch and looking like you have Dunlaps disease. A pouch is less noticeable than a flat out fat gut complete with love handles! As long as you don't have the latter, you're probably good with most men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2014, 11:08 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Listen ladies, most men really don't care for pooches. But if a man has to lift a whopping gut to gain access, there might be a problem, Lol

Old 05-20-2014, 11:09 AM

3,070 posts, read 5,233,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bande1102 View Post
Never let him see you sideways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Camille doesn't have a pooch/pot belly/bellyflab either.

Point is, that not all women have big bellies like some folks here would like people to believe. I have a lot of friends and hang out with a lot of women who do NOT have the bellies like some folks say. Of course, these are women who are into health/fitness and not laying on the sofa drinking soda, eating chips and watching tv. To me, fit is normal which means seeing women without the big pooch is also normal/common.

That's the pooch that all women have. You don't know what pooch we women refer to hence the point of my post. It is what women unnecessarily fret over. I would caution op to worry too much about this normal part of the female physique.

As a powerlifter myself, I caution also against using girls like Camille or stern as an example if how women can look. It is rather unrealistic to pit a gender against elite athletes. Stern is national level in multiple sports and does not look like that every day.

Old 05-20-2014, 11:10 AM

3,070 posts, read 5,233,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
I'm a figure competitor,..work out 5-6 days a week (heavy lifting not BSing on the treadmill), have a very strict diet and im a mom of 2. Except when I'm in stage ready condition with a body fat of 10-12%, I have a little lower belly pouch. It's especially common in women who have had kids because the stomach muscles split and don't always mend together properly. I've consulted several surgeons who have said the only thing that will help is a tummy tuck. So though not all women have it....it's probably more common than not.

That being said there is a difference between a little pouch and looking like you have Dunlaps disease. A pouch is less noticeable than a flat out fat gut complete with love handles! As long as you don't have the latter, you're probably good with most men.
Totally agree which is why as a fit woman myself I can't stand comparison to stage-ready girls, that isn't reality and 3 hours after the trophies go out, that belly is bloooated

Old 05-20-2014, 11:11 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
what looks kinda bad to me is the women or men who have low waisted jeans with a belt, and its too tight, and the belly overhangs, that to me looks kinda not attractive. if you wear a proper size waist - like maybe a hip hugger or higher, then that will cover your body better and give you a good shape.. but when you wear things too low waisted or too tight, and you dont have the body for it, you look squished and your skin now turns into fat rolls that are not there when your clothes fit right.

by the way i dont get the thing about womens big booties being so attractive, i mean come on now, some of you women really show that booty, and its really big! and you think thats attractive.. i mean, sometimes its over the top, really You should also wear more loose clothes, being encased in a sausage is not attractive.

Old 05-20-2014, 02:45 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
by the way i dont get the thing about womens big booties being so attractive, i mean come on now, some of you women really show that booty, and its really big! and you think thats attractive.. i mean, sometimes its over the top, really You should also wear more loose clothes, being encased in a sausage is not attractive.
I don't get all the love for bottoms in the "3 axe handles and a sucker stick wide" range. I am 6'1" and 220. I don't like a butt bigger than mine.

Old 05-20-2014, 05:02 PM

390 posts, read 824,662 times
A very flabby tummy is a sign of poor health, but it's normal and healthy to have some. If a woman is not taking care of herself (more than 35% bodyfat), I do not find that attractive. I work hard to stay in shape and eat a good diet, and would prefer to be with someone who also values health and fitness (I am lucky, because my wife does value these things)

Old 05-20-2014, 07:57 PM

332 posts, read 435,996 times
Quote:
Guys: Is a large tummy on a woman a turn off?
Moooooooooooo

Old 05-20-2014, 08:03 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliss2 View Post
As a powerlifter myself, I caution also against using girls like Camille or stern as an example if how women can look. It is rather unrealistic to pit a gender against elite athletes. Stern is national level in multiple sports and does not look like that every day.
these girls are juicing and (like you said) don't walk around looking the same as they do for a shoot or competition. you gotta figure they are draining any water out of their bodies for that, which is something you aren't walking around doing every day.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:32 PM

1,522 posts, read 3,001,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
If a woman with a "large tummy" it usually means one or more of the following:

1. She is suffering from some mental illness like depression - "Oh, Im fat because of my depression meds" or "Im fat because I have depression and eating junk food constantly makes me feel better".

2. She doesn't care at all about her health.

3. Eating is more important/fun to her than other more healthy active things.

4. She has some physical illness.
Ooook...

Or, say, she had a baby at some point. Or many other reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty