Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Short hair on women...sexy or no?
yes 39 26.71%
no 32 21.92%
Depends 75 51.37%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 08:44 PM

369 posts, read 392,837 times

Advertisements

And 50.....

sarah palin pics - Bing Images

Dad got to see her a few weeks ago, lucky old devil. lol

Wish I didn't have to work.

He said she was YUM! LMAO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2014, 01:32 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,529,770 times
I know, I'll be crucified for this but, just my opinion. ALMOST, all women over 40 look better with shorter hair. As we age, our faces change, perhaps subtly but, they change. The long straight hair on a 40 something plus woman ages her and makes her look like she is trying to be someone she is not (just my perception, I know!). And yes, I include Courtney Cox, Jennifer Aniston, and the other 40 + women people will point to and say, "she still looks great" (not so much). But, if long hair is who you are, to hell with people's opinions like mine, it's your hair.

Old 05-28-2014, 01:42 PM

4,565 posts, read 5,421,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by callendargirl View Post
I've met very few people who prefer short hair on women. Thoughts on this? !
Long hair on a woman will ALWAYS be preferable. However, women like Halle Berry and Amber Rose have shown us that short hair can be sexy. But NOT sexy all by itself. It needs a lot of help like pretty face, soft bone structure, sexy body, round booty, etc.

An ugly girl with long hair will look better than she would if she had short hair.

Old 05-28-2014, 02:02 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,687,736 times
This is such a nonsense thread. A good percentage of women out there will never have hair that looks like a L'oreal ad. It will be a limp, nondescript dishmop. They have to spend big bucks and endless hours trying to make it look good. In that case, the question is how good their hairdresser is. I have also seen women with long hair who really needed to fire their hairdresser. There are some beautiful long hair styles, right behind $100/month and an hour a day fixing their hair at home.

My wife is an executive with short hair. She can jump in the shower in the morning, towel it off, and be out the door to work in half an hour. Long hair is for kids, leisure time glam dolls, and old retired women.

Old 05-29-2014, 01:58 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
I'm curious how many of the "yes" voters were female. As always, there's exceptions, but almost every guy I know finds almost every woman more attractive with longer hair. IME, it seems that women are the ones that like short hair on women, not guys.
exactly what i was thinking

Old 05-30-2014, 03:02 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
This is such a nonsense thread. A good percentage of women out there will never have hair that looks like a L'oreal ad. It will be a limp, nondescript dishmop. They have to spend big bucks and endless hours trying to make it look good. In that case, the question is how good their hairdresser is. I have also seen women with long hair who really needed to fire their hairdresser. There are some beautiful long hair styles, right behind $100/month and an hour a day fixing their hair at home.

My wife is an executive with short hair. She can jump in the shower in the morning, towel it off, and be out the door to work in half an hour. Long hair is for kids, leisure time glam dolls, and old retired women.
If their hair is limp they should find out why

Oh and an hr on your hair?! Um no. And I've got long, very thick hair
....& it doesn't affect my ability to work. Fancy that !

Old 05-31-2014, 05:56 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,937 times
I prefer my hair mid back, it's straight and I have found a cut that works great, so no work at all...I look awful in short hair....I agree some look great with long,others short...

Old 05-31-2014, 06:05 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post

Depends on one hair, there no way my hair would do well short, it would take more time and way more hair products, plus my hair grows super fast and that means more time in the chair ..I do my own hair, so not a lot big money going out, I've found a great cut that works well for my straight hair. Plus my hubby would faint lol... He love running his fingers through my hair, even brushes it, it's the one thing my man has ask of me to never do and that is please never whack all my hair off...

Old 06-01-2014, 02:31 PM

277 posts, read 506,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by callendargirl View Post
I've met very few people who prefer short hair on women. Thoughts on this?
A lot of people I seem to know prefer the traditional long hair for women, short hair on men. Wondering what your opinions are.
I've had very long hair for 12+ years, just got it cut short the other day...and I love it!
People don't care about hair length. If they do, the cares wouldn't last long. People may have a preference for long hair but having your hair short will not cause long hair lovers to have a heart attack. I'm sure men and women think you look good with your new cut.

Old 06-01-2014, 03:58 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,933,771 times
Man here. I don't like short hair on women. Now, I have seen women that look good in short hair, but those same women look even better with long hair. So they are 'short' changing themselves Is thing on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty