Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 04:01 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times

Advertisements

I had zero tattoos until I was 26. Then I had one. Then I got another when I was 29. I'm pretty sure I'm not getting any more, but I can't say I ever felt any pressure, whether to get them or not to get them.

Old 06-03-2014, 04:16 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times
You don't have any tattoos?  What's up with that?-funny-quotes-23.jpg

Old 06-03-2014, 04:18 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
LOL, you hit the nail yet again pickle .

Old 06-03-2014, 04:45 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times

Old 06-03-2014, 06:12 PM

412 posts, read 684,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
I know, right? I don't know anyone who has a tattoo of a cartoon character or pop star. And for my artwork, there is no "outgrowing" them since they have significant meaning and symbolism. They represent an important part of me, my journey and life.
Nobody I know is sporting a Barney or Beiber tattoo. Maybe I don't run with the really rough crowd though.
I have tattoos and they all mean something to me. I made sure that I waited until I was in my 30s and that I knew what they would look like before I got them. I like the idea of art work on my body and I can cover them up if I so desire.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:17 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,662,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
One of my daughters came by the house over the weekend and the conversation turned to tattoos.

She said that she is basically the only one of her group of friends who doesn't have a tattoo. Her friends have multiple tattoos and spend a lot of time talking about tattoos and planning their next tattoo. My daughter says that she feels like an outcast for not having a tattoo and is feeling lots of social and peer pressure to get some.

Her friends are always saying to her, "Why don't you get with it and gets some tattoos?"

If you are 21-40 and don't have any tattoos do you get any peer pressure from your friends or family to get with the times and get some tats?
She should tell her friends that her tattoos are the new invisible kind made with invisible ink. Sounds like they might buy that.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:30 PM

4,965 posts, read 5,690,601 times
I don't have any. I don't want any. I am an individual, not somebody who needs to fit in with some crowd by having a tattoo and thinks it makes them "unique" when it does the opposite - I already am unique.

I know quite a few cocky young punks who should get a certain tattoo - the ones who wear low pants and you can see their Calvin Klein (of course) underwear showing beneath their Ambercrombie and Fitch T-shirts - it should be a big word across the forehead - "IDIOT".

Old 06-03-2014, 07:54 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,512,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
One of my daughters came by the house over the weekend and the conversation turned to tattoos.

She said that she is basically the only one of her group of friends who doesn't have a tattoo. Her friends have multiple tattoos and spend a lot of time talking about tattoos and planning their next tattoo. My daughter says that she feels like an outcast for not having a tattoo and is feeling lots of social and peer pressure to get some.

Her friends are always saying to her, "Why don't you get with it and gets some tattoos?"

If you are 21-40 and don't have any tattoos do you get any peer pressure from your friends or family to get with the times and get some tats?
I'm older than your age group mentioned, but I seriously considered getting a tattoo in my early 20's. The only reason I never did was because I was afraid I'd want to change it at some point, and that's not realistic. I couldn't find any design I was sure I'd want on me for life.

Old 06-03-2014, 08:35 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,344,722 times
I cannot think of anything more uncool than a tattoo.

Why would anyone be so gnarl and nerdy. Yeah, nerdy, even the geeks now have tattoos. I even see senior citizens getting tattoos------makes me want to vomit. The cool folks--------- the ones that are not followers generally have no tattoos.

Old 06-03-2014, 09:31 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,406,823 times
The only time that I've seen anyone put pressure on someone else to get a tattoo was when a couple of women I knew from high school were trying to persuade another woman to get a tattoo. Keep in mind that high school was 20 years ago for us. The woman did eventually get a tattoo, but I thought that the women that were bugging her to get one were acting like a couple of idiots. Just because the two of them have tats, is it that important that they need to convince someone else to get one, too?

I have five of them, and I got them because I wanted them, not because of anything that other people do or don't do. Most people I know with tattoos couldn't care less if someone else chooses not to get one, but the statement that body art somehow equals low class behavior really gets tiresome. I go my way and you go yours, just as so long as no one gets hurt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty