Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 04:52 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
I'd try to loose a little in the bust if it were me. I wouldn't want a D cup size if I was your size. I am just a couple inches larger than you are in waist and hips and a D cup. I'd feel extremely top heavy if I was your size -- I think that is the area you should work on if in fact you want to look more proportional.

By the way, what do you mean by your shoulder size? I've never heard of measuring the shoulders.
It is basically impossible to lose weight in your bust. OP is pretty slim already, so she doesn't really have anything to spare with a 23 inch waist. And you can't choose where the weight comes off.

If you are naturally busty, you'll stay that way at any weight. (Particularly where the OP sits now). If your bust sized increased with weight gain, then yes you will likely lose.

Personally, I found that weight loss was useless from a bust size persecutive. I kept the same volume, and lost it in the band. So to give you an idea.....Let's pretend I was a 38DD. Losing weight turned me into a 32H.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justawkward11 View Post
like a top hourglass? I think this definition is rare I tend to identify with it because my shape goes in but out twice like an hourglass but not proportionately.

what's a good jean that gives volume? I wear some jeans that gave me curves down there when I was younger I had small hips when I was a teen it made them curve out then but idk what kind they actually were.
Pocket placement, get bigger pockets that are places on the edge of the hips, instead of the middle of your butt. You'll look wider. Combine that with pocket flaps perhaps as well:

5 Tips for a Better Looking Butt in Jeans | Fashables

This blog post is well illustrated!
On the Proper Fitting of Jeans. | Grasping for Objectivity

Old 07-02-2014, 04:56 PM

459 posts, read 768,508 times
Quote:
I'd try to loose a little in the bust if it were me. I wouldn't want a D cup size if I was your size. I am just a couple inches larger than you are in waist and hips and a D cup. I'd feel extremely top heavy if I was your size -- I think that is the area you should work on if in fact you want to look more proportional.

By the way, what do you mean by your shoulder size? I've never heard of measuring the shoulders.
lol I can't lose in my bust really lightest I've ever been was a 32C and my bmi was less than 16. I am about 18.5 in bmi now and this is as small as I can get healthily. I store most of my fat in the bust. I will lose in my every place possible before I get a B cup I think I'd probably be a pretty anorexic size then. I haven't been a since 12 or 13 years old.

My bust though is like a 34C it's just full but average in width 36" for a bust is average. My bust isn't that different from my hips I'd look hourglass if it weren't for my shoulders being so big.

Shoulders are the main thing that define your shape skeletal on top. Not the bust.

Old 07-02-2014, 04:58 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,051,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
It is basically impossible to lose weight in your bust. OP is pretty slim already, so she doesn't really have anything to spare with a 23 inch waist. And you can't choose where the weight comes off.

If you are naturally busty, you'll stay that way at any weight. (Particularly where the OP sits now). If your bust sized increased with weight gain, then yes you will likely lose.

Personally, I found that weight loss was useless from a bust size persecutive. I kept the same volume, and lost it in the band. So to give you an idea.....Let's pretend I was a 38DD. Losing weight turned me into a 32H.

The bust is almost all fat. Although I agree that you can't selectively lose weight, if that is the only place in her body that has excess fat she might get lucky and be able to some fat there. The bust may be the first place she gains and the first place she loses, but only she would know that for sure. That is where I gain first.

Old 07-02-2014, 05:02 PM

5,014 posts, read 6,603,624 times
Hourglass is a matter of ratios. Women will, if they are not overweight, still have a smaller waist than bust or hips. However, an hourglass figure means bust & hips are nearly equal by measure, with approximately equal projection of boobs & butt on a side profile, and the waist is at least 30% smaller -- hence the classic "36-24-36" definition.

Since what you posted sounds like you're a healthy weight, you won't be able to get a true hourglass because you're just not built that way. You can cover, pad and cinch different parts to give more of an hourglass impression (this is how drag queens get their curves), but it's generally easier and more satisfying to show off your good features. Most women with an inverted triangle shape have great legs. They can also wear crazy patterns and bold or bright colors on their lower body and make that work. Jessica Biel has an inverted triangle body shape (possibly had a breast enhancement) -- so there's a good body model for you to check for styles.

Old 07-02-2014, 05:04 PM

Quote:
The bust is almost all fat. Although I agree that you can't selectively lose weight, if that is the only place in her body that has excess fat she might get lucky and be able to some fat there. The bust may be the first place she gains and the first place she loses, but only she would know that for sure. That is where I gain first.
There is a horrible misconception out there that only people with "excess weight" have bigger boobs. It is not true at all, there is a spectrum. Many women do not gain in their bust at all. There are loads of "overweight" people who have small bust lines, and smaller people with bigger chests.

No, breasts are dense tissue and fat, everyone has a different ratio. Some people have denser breasts, some have breasts that have more fat. Younger women do tend to have more density.

There isn't a lot of talk about how density impacts weight loss/gain in the breasts, but women with denser breasts have a higher cancer risk. Dense Breasts Effect Cancer Risk - Prevention.com

But in a nutshell, denser breast tissue = you don't lose much volume with weight loss.

Last edited by jade408; 07-02-2014 at 05:29 PM..

Old 07-02-2014, 05:06 PM

Quote:
I agree with this. You just need to add volume at the bottom. Sometimes it is harder to "look" like an hour glass if you have broader shoulders without wide hips. That's why you do tricks with volume!

I tend to look hippy, so I try to make my shoulders appear wider. Reality is, my bust is about 2 inches smaller than my hips.
I do have wide hips. My whr is .69... Yeah I would like add about 3 inches to my hips in width to give a very dramatic look.

I just looked at Candice I never noticed her shoulders are wider than her hips. Many people think she's hourglass though still. It's obviously not as obvious as mine of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
"what is an hourglass figure? How to get one?"

Why would you want one without knowing what it is?

Well you see some people say hourglass is anyone with bust/shoulders and hips 10 inches or more bigger than the waist. So I wasn't sure what it was. If it was that or someone with hips and shoulders aligned around the same size or not.

Old 07-02-2014, 05:10 PM

Quote:
My bmi is 18.5. Is it really a good idea to lose weight at that size? I wouldn't say so. I have fat on my butt and thighs actually that's where I lose first after the waistline and arms.

Also my bust isn't even big. It's about average in size.

Old 07-02-2014, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justawkward11 View Post
I do have wide hips. My whr is .69... Yeah I would like add about 3 inches to my hips in width to give a very dramatic look.

I just looked at Candice I never noticed her shoulders are wider than her hips. Many people think she's hourglass though still. It's obviously not as obvious as mine of course.
Hip width isn't the same as waist hip ratio. It is a bone structure thing, like your shoulders.

Here are some wide hipped people for you, as examples:
Kim Kardashian
Jennifer Love Hewitt

Not wide hipped (but has waist definition)
Janet Jackson

Top of mind, I am not thinking of anyone else. You don't need to have wide hips to be an hourglass, but it helps!

But I hope that makes sense, it is a bone structure thing.

Old 07-02-2014, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Pocket placement, get bigger pockets that are places on the edge of the hips, instead of the middle of your butt. You'll look wider. Combine that with pocket flaps perhaps as well:

5 Tips for a Better Looking Butt in Jeans | Fashables

This blog post is well illustrated!
On the Proper Fitting of Jeans. | Grasping for Objectivity
thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty