Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 07:12 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,141,236 times

Advertisements

My ex was nearly 40 & had very minimal chest hair & a "treasure trail". I guess technically it was there, but many teenage boys have more.

I don't care much either way, although hairy like a bear is more a turn-off than barely hairy. A bit is sexy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2014, 08:45 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
sort of a medium dark brown.
Mmmmmmmmm.

Old 08-04-2014, 12:39 AM

166 posts, read 243,452 times
The weird stuff you can find on CD...

My wife is here beside me laughing at this topic.
FWIW, I'm 43 and have always had some hair on my chest. Not a bearskin rug, more like a blonde Hugh Jackman only without all the muscles and money(my wifes words, I swear).

Old 08-04-2014, 01:10 AM

818 posts, read 916,916 times
I'm over 35 and only have the sternum chest hair . I think genetics have a lot more to to with body hair than age.
I'm sure there are exceptions, but in general if a guy has really thick facial hair, ( able to grow a full beard quickly ) he will more than likely have extra body hair.

Side note, I had a woman look down my shirt for chest hair on a first date once

OP, what do you prefer ? more or less chest hair ?

Old 08-04-2014, 06:15 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,278,510 times
I was recently with a man who had light colored hair and almost no chest hair. He was 40. I'm not sure how I felt about it--I used to like men with very little chest hair or who manscaped, but now I like some hair on the chest. Mmmhmm.

Old 08-04-2014, 07:33 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
The weird stuff you can find on CD...

My wife is here beside me laughing at this topic.
FWIW, I'm 43 and have always had some hair on my chest. Not a bearskin rug, more like a blonde Hugh Jackman only without all the muscles and money(my wifes words, I swear).

Thanks, I'm here every Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntFishRepeat View Post
I'm over 35 and only have the sternum chest hair . I think genetics have a lot more to to with body hair than age.
I'm sure there are exceptions, but in general if a guy has really thick facial hair, ( able to grow a full beard quickly ) he will more than likely have extra body hair.

Side note, I had a woman look down my shirt for chest hair on a first date once

OP, what do you prefer ? more or less chest hair ?
I've never had the opportunity to be with a man with a lot, so I don't know, but I think I prefer less to medium.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:11 AM

5,321 posts, read 6,098,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I think the hairy people are mostly Italian, Greek and Arab!
That is the stereotype but I'm Italian and have about two chest hairs and minimal everywhere else well except for down below

Old 08-04-2014, 12:13 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,600,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I didn't realize the no arm hair thing was weird till my friend's my hubby said "you are a hairless freak like my wife!" Lol! I used to think women don't have arm hair, since no one in my family does. Whenever I heard about women complaining about their arm hair I filed it into my category of stuff people on sitcoms do (like eat casserole) since I don't know anyone like that.

I remember my mom getting mad at me when I wanted to shave my legs as a teen. She said, why would you do that?
It varies a lot. My wife has faint/fine but noticeable dark arm hair - and she thought *that* was normal, until she met someone like you...it's all in your perspective. She isn't hursuite by any means, but has somewhat more body hair (if she didn't remove it) than I'd say "average" for a Caucasian woman. However, while she shaves her legs, pits etc...the idea of shaving or waxing a woman's ARMS came across as ridiculous to her the first time she heard of a woman doing that, unless she was as hairy as a guy, which she's not.

As far as chest hair...I'm almost 42, but since I'm on the hairy side, I can't comment for other dudes. I've had chest hair since I was 13.

Between myself and my wife...our kids better not expect to be naturally hairless after puberty.

Old 08-04-2014, 01:36 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,819,383 times
I am in my 40s and have had chest hair since age 13. Some of it is turning grey now. One thing for sure I will never shave it off.

Old 08-04-2014, 01:41 PM

50,711 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Some nationalities just have less or no hair naturally (Asians, etc). I dated a guy from Columbia who had no hair anywhere on his body naturally, it was kind of weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty