Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 05:10 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times

Advertisements

It is way easier to walk around with confidence like you think you are attractive. And sure enough someone will agree. The sheen of confidence goes quite a long way.

I am lucky to be in a family with super confident people, and that was instilled into me as well.

I know there are areas I can improve (looks or otherwise), but that doesn't mean I can smile and go around with a positive attitude. You are what you think you are!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2014, 05:18 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by things to say View Post
No, that is not the case. At my work we have a couple beautiful people. "a true 10" Absolutely stunning and incredibly beautiful. They both attract people like crazy. Both men and women hang on their every word and gain status by being seen by others as being in the beauty's obit.
Yes, that is absolutely the case. It comes from those people that want to be just like them and are mad because they aren't.

I don't want to be like anyone but myself.

Old 08-13-2014, 05:24 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
I wonder what it's like?

Old 08-13-2014, 05:41 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,992,889 times
Quote:
People who are incredibly good looking are so lucky. I see them on the streets and in shops all over town. The beautiful people. I am not talking about pretty or simply attractive people but the true beautiful people. The people who are one in a hundred. People with the perfect body, face, hair. People who have a self confidence gathered by years of people admiring them and telling them they are simply beautiful. They look at themselves in the mirror and are so impressed with what they see. They have unlimited poise and sex appeal. They are just beautiful people.

God, it must be nice to be them!
Oh boy, another one. I can't believe the stuff you have been posting today, things to say! Stalking people and now a complex about beauty? Unusual posts.

Old 08-13-2014, 05:48 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,411,086 times
psshhh

these "truly beautiful" people you speak of are just like you

they wake up in the morning with eye boogers, bad breath, and have gas

beauty is so objective... whenever i here people going on and on about how beautiful someone is i'm usually disapointed when i actually see em in person

Old 08-13-2014, 06:32 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
well,,,look at the magazines in the supermarket,,,all the beautiful folks,,,they have looks money and fame,,,,but more f------ up than most of us

whitney Houston when younger,,,,was one of the prettiest girls ive ever seen - I liked her "i wanna dance with somebody" video,

and she was a head-case

the problem,,,with having a real pretty flower, is that every male bee will want to pollinate her

Old 08-13-2014, 06:36 PM

7,098 posts, read 4,825,782 times
Quote:
If there is a doubt in their minds if they are beautiful or not, this does not apply. I am talking about the truly beautiful. The head turner, someone so beautiful they are the talk of the town and everyone wants to be them.
And you see these people "all over town"?? What "town" do you live in? Or is your self-image so low that everyone fits that description?

Old 08-13-2014, 07:11 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,317,781 times
I truly believe that beauty is on the inside and that it shows through in many ways.

I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Old 08-13-2014, 07:30 PM

551 posts, read 583,026 times
Quote:
People who are incredibly good looking are so lucky. I see them on the streets and in shops all over town. The beautiful people. I am not talking about pretty or simply attractive people but the true beautiful people. The people who are one in a hundred. People with the perfect body, face, hair. People who have a self confidence gathered by years of people admiring them and telling them they are simply beautiful. They look at themselves in the mirror and are so impressed with what they see. They have unlimited poise and sex appeal. They are just beautiful people.

God, it must be nice to be them!
Do you really think everything in life revolves around looks?

Here's a tip: it's doesn't. You need to stop obsessing about others and focus on - and fair warning, some corniness ahead, but also a much needed reality check- being the best YOU can be. What do you like about yourself? What features can you play up? Trust me- and other posters who have spoken the same truth- confidence and happiness in yourself will more than make up for any perceived negative physical attributes, which by the way- are not at all bad, as you may suppose. (Ever heard, you are your own worst critic??) We are all unique, that is something to cherish, not despise. You will someday grow old and wish you realized how beautiful or cute or sexy you were way back when. Trust this. And, oh yeah. Those beautiful blessed ones you so envy, guess what? They're gonna get old too.

I am guessing you are very, very young. Stop obsessing about shallow, unchangeable facets of life and have fun and be fun.

Old 08-14-2014, 01:49 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,929,122 times
Be comfortable with your self, establish your self (this may take time). Everyone has different preferences, and over time its your personality (and work ethic) that will keep a partner.

Had a conversation recently, that I expressed that I thought Heidi Klum was still hot even after a few kids and the divorce. Two people I was with said she never did anything for them. (She is/was a VS model). I was floored...maybe Im just old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty