Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 02:35 PM

15,642 posts, read 26,275,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
I like that look - the link pic, she could gut a deer in that or split some wood- a nice adventurous, look

I like that look better than many of the girly girl looks,
But it's not a "look", it's a lifestyle. She wears it because it's practical.

We own a janitorial company, and I wear jeans and heavy duty sneakers. My shirts are cotton polos. That's my uniform.

I switched from pocket tees when I lost weight and those things were hanging on me, and I bought a new phone that didn't fit in the pocket.

But I tend to dress in polos and jeans a lot, because it's comfortable and it suits me. I don't wear the sneakers, though.... I actually hate sneakers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 05:24 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,278,235 times
I'm not sure why all the talk about banks and tellers. The OP mentioned that she was stopping at her bank, but the way I read the post, it was about people around Austin in general. Not just in the bank.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:00 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,866,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
.............or at least dresses.

I had to go into Austin today to one of my banks. My day to day business clothes are western boots, jeans, tee, "tac" shirt (ie, http://cdn.atlantictactical.com/imag..._62070_005.jpg (the top, not the rest of it)). It works for me, keeps me warm in computer spaces, protects me from the sun and heat, lets me move through brush easily, room for carrying pens, papers, check books, etc..).

But nevertheless, what a sore thumb I must be in that yuppy type world. Fancy cars, people walking around in khaki slacks, and fancy button down shirts......their ID cars handing from their necks (I don't knock the last, been wearing neck ID's and now neck wallets for close to 2 decades). So handsome, so beautiful, so much not me.

It's not as bad when I go to San Antonio to see my broker. Perhaps it is a different section of town, but in any event, one is not struck with the impact of what a "beautiful" city Austin is.

Of course, I know it is all a misconception, seeing that beauty, thinking what a great place it would be to live. Yes....if you are mega rich.

Further, there is another aspect to it as well. I'm a client, not a worker there. It really doesn't matter how I dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah;
Well, actually, no, I was just talking to bank tellers. All I needed was a 1099 on tax day and you can get those from bank tellers.
OK, OP, then you'll have to explain your original post. You set the stage by talking about the bank environment, it looks like, but maybe you meant the environment in Austin in general? Except for the part of town your broker is in? Bank tellers aren't "mega rich" and rarely dress in fancy clothes (except for the men) or have fancy cars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty