Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 02:23 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times

Advertisements

OP, I'm your wife's age, and, imo, you do NOT look 10 years younger (though your wife looks younger).

Just as you can't understand why a man would be attracted to a woman just a few years older, I can't understand why a woman my age would want to be married to a man 2 decades older, unless he's exceptionally youthful and good-looking for his age. You're not.

A man would have to be one SPECTACULAR 66-year old for me to be interested in him.

Old 11-06-2014, 02:35 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,059,948 times
This BS about White women aging badly is ridiculous. If someone is into Asians, they're gonna find everything right about how they age, and if someone is into White women, they'll have no problem with a White woman looking her age.

I think White women are beautiful. I'm almost 30 and I've been attracted to White women who were in their 50s. They looked like they were in their 50s but it still didn't take attractiveness away. It was a different type of sexy that a woman of her age could have. Sure, a 50 year old White woman isn't sexy the way a 20 year old White woman is, but it doesn't matter. It's a different flavor of sexy but it's still there.

Personally I do find Asian women beautiful, but even though they retain tight skin into middle age, there also comes a point when everything crumbles down. And personally an Asian woman in her 60s doesn't look all that great in my opinion. Asian women don't age, don't age, don't age, and then POOF, they age rapidly and look just like all women in late age. White women age steadily. If the outcome is the same by age 60, what's the point? It's not like 80 year old Asian women look 50. Because they really don't.

Old 11-06-2014, 02:46 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,139,161 times
Love it. A mean-spirited, basically racist post yields pages of even more mean-spirited and racist replies.

CD really is toxic and bad for the soul.

But I will admit, the OP's Chinese wife looks fantastic for any age.

Old 11-06-2014, 03:40 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,667,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieOlSkool View Post
When I was 26 and dating a girl who was 22 I already thought we were too far apart in interests. It's like that song Hey 19 from Steely Dan.

Also, I've seen some American women who age wonderfully and some who don't. Lifestyle affects that mostly, not living in a Western nation. I agree that some cities are worse for aging due to commute times, pollution, and averages hours worked, but that's not strictly a Western thing. Why the hell should we believe everything in Asia is so ideal that all the women age wonderfully? It's true Asian women stereotypically age well, but if you've been around enough Asians you learn that they age, too, and if their lifestyle sucks then they won't look better than a non-Asian woman who took better care of herself. The little girl look they are characterized for can't last forever.
My wife and I met when she was 22 and I was 26. We just celebrated our 31st anniversary.

Old 11-06-2014, 03:47 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,864,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieOlSkool View Post
You think brunettes age better than blondes? That I disagree with.
Probably there's a lot of individual variation, but when I spent a few months in Sweden, dudes were saying the blondes look nice, but they're kind of like a flash in the pan. They bloom bright, but fade fast. I don't claim to be authoritative on the subject, just passing along a perspective from the Land of Midnight Sun.

Old 11-06-2014, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Probably there's a lot of individual variation, but when I spent a few months in Sweden, dudes were saying the blondes look nice, but they're kind of like a flash in the pan. They bloom bright, but fade fast. I don't claim to be authoritative on the subject, just passing along a perspective from the Land of Midnight Sun.
Well I don't know, either. I personally would take a mature Swedish woman over a mature Italian woman.

Old 11-06-2014, 05:07 PM

59 posts, read 130,328 times
The problem is the ****ty diets and too much stress we have in the Western world, more so in the very western societies (US, UK, Australia, etc)

Old 11-06-2014, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickBlue View Post
The problem is the ****ty diets and too much stress we have in the Western world, more so in the very western societies (US, UK, Australia, etc)
Yes, because crappy diets don't exist in Asia, nor does stress.

Old 11-06-2014, 08:54 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,770,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerluli View Post
I am 66, my Chinese wife is 47...We both look 10 years younger than our ages...:
This is most certainly false. I saw your picture. You most definitely do NOT look 10 years younger than yourselves.

I would have guessed you are in your early 70s, actually.

True love and attraction has zero to do with looks, btw. Looks fade.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:13 PM

2,966 posts, read 5,218,598 times
Mail order bride.

Wow, what an attitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty