Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 10:40 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,968,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
I agree, but I couldn't think of a better way to describe it without sounding like a perve. If I would have put "why do women rarely have big boobs and a bubble-butt" as my headline, I think this thread would have been deleted.

Anyways, as one of those rare women that has both, don't you find it odd that having one of these assets is typically a curse on the other one. A D cup or above is almost a guarantee that a woman won't have a round athletic butt. Women that get the big athletic bottoms aren't always flat chested, but they rarely have a large chest. There has to be something more to this than just luck of the draw.

Also, I am referring to white women. I live in a really white area, so I don't have to the opportunity to check out women of other races, particularly black women, which are known for having great butts.
I don't think one is a curse to the other. Maybe it's just what you've noticed. I didn't know you were referring to white women. I am 1/2 white, 1/2 Asian, but I suppose I still qualify as one of these exceptions that you're referring to since I have big boobs and a big butt. I have tried to reduce the size of both with exercise, and no matter how much exercising I do, neither one has shrunk.

Old 12-29-2014, 10:46 AM

9,008 posts, read 13,844,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Is there a waist cutoff size for curvy until it is considered fat? I mean, if a woman has a 25" waist with 36 hips and bust, wouldn't she be curvy?

What about a woman with a 34" waist with like a 44" hips and 40" bust? Is that how some very overweight women get away with using the term "curvy"?
it depends on ratio. it has to be 0.7 or less to be considered curvy

Both would be considered curvy,but the one with the 25 inch waist moreso since her ratio is 0.69.

divide the inches of waist by the inches of hips.

Also,the ratio does not really mean a thing,because as i said,some women have really wide hips and look curvy from the front,whereas others look like they do not have hips from the front but they have bigger butts

Old 12-29-2014, 11:06 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,180,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I don't think one is a curse to the other. Maybe it's just what you've noticed. I didn't know you were referring to white women. I am 1/2 white, 1/2 Asian, but I suppose I still qualify as one of these exceptions that you're referring to since I have big boobs and a big butt. I have tried to reduce the size of both with exercise, and no matter how much exercising I do, neither one has shrunk.
Make a point to observe other women, and you'll see what I'm talking about. 9/10 this is the case. Also, I think women tend to over estimate the size of their butts. A true "bubble-butt" isn't very common in the first place regardless of the fact that a woman has a large chest. I've just noticed that that you will almost never see one on a woman with a large chest, and women with large chests disproportionately have "pancake butts" for some reason. Seriously, next time you're out and about, make a point to observe this.

Old 12-29-2014, 11:35 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,378,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
it depends on ratio. it has to be 0.7 or less to be considered curvy

Both would be considered curvy,but the one with the 25 inch waist moreso since her ratio is 0.69.

divide the inches of waist by the inches of hips.

Also,the ratio does not really mean a thing,because as i said,some women have really wide hips and look curvy from the front,whereas others look like they do not have hips from the front but they have bigger butts
Good post. Thanks!

So is the curvy term more for wider hips than bigger butt? Also does the bust size not matter in that ratio or just the hips? I.e. If one is 36 and the other 34.

Old 12-29-2014, 11:43 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
I've noticed this a lot more as of late. It seems like women that have a big chest disproportionately have flat bottoms, and women that have large bottoms disproportionately have small chests. When I say large bottoms, I don't mean wide. I mean the ones that stick out. Think (kim kardashian). Rarely will you ever see a woman with a large natural chest and a bubble butt. It's almost as if the estrogen goes to one place or the other. We all know someone that is an exception to this rule, but as a collective whole this is typically the case. I wonder if there is any science behind this. Does anyone know of any studies that have been done on this subject?
Some of this has to do with body type. A significant percentage of women has a pear-shaped body type, which usually means wide hips, small bust. That doesn't necessarily mean they have a big butt, though, just wide hips. Most women of North European descent are the type that gain weight first in the hips/rear and legs, vs. the waist or the top.

Old 12-29-2014, 11:47 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Good post. Thanks!

So is the curvy term more for wider hips than bigger butt? Also does the bust size not matter in that ratio or just the hips? I.e. If one is 36 and the other 34.
Technically, "curvy" refers to whether or not the woman has an hourglass figure. And having an hourglass figure is more about having a small waist (the ratio jerseygal discussed), and doesn't necessarily mean a large bust. However, the way most men seem to mean "curvy" refers to the amount of padding on top front, and bottom rear. That's why it's confusing. So someone can look slim and not curvy from the front view, but by the side view, it's a whole other picture, if they have a big butt.

Old 12-29-2014, 11:56 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,686,338 times
I used to wish I were curvier, but I've come to realize smaller girls like me tend to stay small as we age. The curvier girls aren't quite as likely to be so fortunate (just from what I've seen, I know not always the case).

Old 12-29-2014, 12:00 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,245,457 times
women come in all sorts of shapes and sizes.

Or, we USED to.

Back before we all started to shove silicone into tender parts to look more like Barbie.

Old 12-29-2014, 12:11 PM

17,537 posts, read 39,147,881 times
Frankly, around where I live, the biggest part of women is their MIDDLE! LOL I'm not trying to sound nasty, I am being completely honest. But there are a lot of older women in my town (retiree area) and they just don't keep up their shapes.

That said, I am one of those tall slender types with a large bust and pancake bottom. I am of northern Spaniard heritage, all my relatives are like this and most of the women from there seem to be built like this. Most "model" types, like the Victoria's Secret types are like this also. Taller, more slender women can seem to have a larger (natual) chest, but very rarely have much on the bottom.

Eh, so who really cares.....I do the best with what I've got, and haven't had any complaints yet....

Old 12-29-2014, 12:17 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,780,723 times
OP, I don't know. The women here will debate all day long what curvy means and dump all kinds of statistics on this thread, but I totally get what you are saying. Most women who get an extra helping of chest or butt typically get one or the other - but rarely both. They just seem to be two discrete body types that rarely over lap. But when they do...wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty