Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2014, 01:21 PM

459 posts, read 767,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Marilyn Monroe had wide hips, no butt.

Wide hips + bubble butt are a very rare combo. Large bust + wide hips is pretty common.
Agree with the first part.

But all of my mom's family had smaller hips basically none and huge boobs like twice the size of mine.

One of my aunts had big boobs and a big butt. But not wide hips.

I am more large boobs and small to average width in the hips with a slightly larger butt proportionally. Only women with "big" boobs and wide hips I've known of were pear shaped women. Usually big boobs are most popular in top heavy figures. Because that's where you gain your weight first.

Old 12-29-2014, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
I used to be all about women with big butts when I was in my 20's, but these days I tend to go for women built more like yourself for the reasons you have stated. I've stayed lean and fit over the years, so I tend to gravitate toward the same. I've found that women with big butts can only maintain them after 30 if they have good genetics combined with exercise and a healthy diet. A woman's chest is typically even more of a wreck by 30 if they have anything over a C cup (especially if they've had kids), and top heavy women just seem more prone to belly fat and flabby arms as they age. Luckily there are lots of men that still prefer top heavy women regardless of their age or body fat, so at the end of the day, everyone wins lol. But yeah, If I had the option of being extremely picky, I would say about 5'4" 120lbs is more appealing to me these days than 5'4" 140lbs with a big bottom.

I even disgust myself with my shallowness sometimes.............flame on ladies lol
I don't get why top heavy is associated with belly fat? When I think top heavy I'm thinking about a bigger bust.

I kind of thought 120 for 5'4" was actually curvy... 110 would be more in the skinny range. That's just my opinion though.

Old 12-29-2014, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFigureMeOut View Post
Are you kidding? You're using Kim Kardashian as an example? A woman who's had every plastic surgery procedure known to man?
She's not plastic just beautiful she looks the same as she did without make up when she was 14. She's just naturally pretty. That's why her daughter is so beautiful.

Old 12-29-2014, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This has a lot to do with hormonal changes at that age. The only women who manage to keep their shape, except for a lucky few, are those who are on hormone replacement after 55, or whenever.

Now that you mention it, the women on my mom's side of the family are all that way. hm... I never thought about it before this thread. It's hard to notice a trend in that direction these days, because so many boobs are store-bought. So women with big butts can balance out their figure by buying boobs. I guess Marilyn Monroe was one of the rare naturally-curvy types.
Marylin Monroe actually was suspected to have a boob job.

Old 12-29-2014, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
I used to wish I were curvier, but I've come to realize smaller girls like me tend to stay small as we age. The curvier girls aren't quite as likely to be so fortunate (just from what I've seen, I know not always the case).
I used to wish I was bigger too. But my mom is older and doesn't gain weight so I knew the good side to both sides. I like the idea of having both.

Old 12-29-2014, 01:53 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justawkward11 View Post
Marylin Monroe actually was suspected to have a boob job.
Wow. An early-adopter, eh? That would be a game-changer, in the endless debates about her measurements. There must be pix of her before she became famous, or before/after comparisons?

Old 12-29-2014, 01:57 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,270,637 times
I've noticed your observation too OP, and I'm a woman. I think a lot of women(not saying on here but in general) over estimate what would be considered a big butt(at least), for instance I don't think Jessica Biel or Britney Spears have big butts, their butts are average--not big or small. They do have bubble butts lol. A bubble butt isn't always big--for instance Jessica Biel has a bubble butt, but it isn't really what one would consider big especially if you size it up against women that really do have much bigger butts.

At one of my old jobs all the women were saying they had big butts. I didn't chime in to agree. The men and I were talking about it one day, and they all laughed it off and said "Why do women over estimate how big their butt is? None of these girls saying they have big butts, even have big butts?" And then I started making that observation too. I realized that it might not be an overestimation but merely people having different criteria. I've always thought that women with big butts have butts that are big like Coco, or Kim K, or Trina, or buffy the body. Jessica biel has an athletic nice butt, but big? Not to me personally.

I rarely see women with both a big butt(and when I say big I mean Kim K, Coco, Buffy the Body, Trina) and big breasts, with a small waist, that isn't overweight, or that has curves and didn't have plastic surgery. But I'm sure they exist--typically they'd be considered hourglass. I don't know if it's racial--I've seen a lot of white women with average sized butts, that have claimed to have big butts but they weren't really "big" per-say(at least not to me). I suppose it's relative. Black women don't always have big butts. I've seen plenty that don't honestly. But I will be honest after living in mainly white communities and venturing in black areas, yes I do think that personally I've seen far more black women with big butts as opposed to white women. On average I see more white women with either bubble butts--like Jessica Biel, or with no butt at all. I rarely see white women with Kim K butts, but there was a girl in highschool that did, and she was white. Her boobs were average.

I believe there's only a small percentage of women that have equally big boobs and really big butts and a small waist--that would be considered an hourglass shape--in the USA a lot of women are not... I have noticed what you've said--women with big boobs, tend to have smaller butts--not necessarily flat, but just not what one would consider big. I've observed that women with big butts, AND small waists, tend to have average or small boobs. And then you have the few that have both, or that have neither.) There are plenty of white girls that have bubble butts like Jessica Biel or Britney spears--if that's what your talking about--with big boobs, around where I stay, out here in Philly.

I think it's relative. I've noticed far too often on city data, women saying they have big butt and then they give an example and the example is just not what I would describe as big. And perhaps that's cultural. I've lived in different states, and I mostly date men that like women with big butts, and they've schooled me on big butts--what's qualified as big, what isn't, etc. Perhaps that is why the majority of the time, I don't agree with the examples of big butts that are posted in this forum.

A good butt and a big butt is different. They can be the same... A person can have a nice butt, but the butt isn't particularly big. A women that is thin can have a butt that sticks out, and that looks big on her frame, but isn't considered "big". Too many scenarios but you get my drift. Typically a big butt is anything over 40 inches(from what I've been told). But again it's relative. I never thought Jessica biel or Brittney spears had big butts. They have nice in shape, toned butts that stick out somewhat, but big? Not really. Not to me, or to some of the men I know that are a** men.

I have a big butt, and I'm a black woman. My boobs are average size. My waist is small in comparison. I'm a pear-shaped, and I have noticable curves from the front, but my butt sticks out. But I don't have big boobs. I'm not hour glass. On the other hand my sister has the complete opposite, a small to average butt, but big boobs, and she's thin, she is curvy somewhat, but it isn't as distinguished. When she gains her butt gets slightly bigger, but not what one would consider "big". When I gain my boobs get bigger, and my butt does as well--but so does the rest of me. The majority of girls I work with, tend to have my sisters build, from observation.

Last edited by Faith2187; 12-29-2014 at 02:18 PM..

Old 12-29-2014, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
I've noticed your observation too OP, and I'm a woman. I think a lot of women(not saying on here but in general) over estimate what would be considered a big butt(at least), for instance I don't think Jessica Biel or Britney Spears have big butts, their butts are average--not big or small. That isn't a bubble butt to me. But I can see how, for some that would be considered having a bigger butt, if on average there are a lot of women that have butts much smaller. I rarely see women with both a big butt and big breasts, with a small waist, and that isn't overweight, or that has curves. But I'm sure they exist--typically they'd be considered hourglass. I don't know if it's racial--I've seen a lot of white women with average sized butts, that have claimed to have big butts but they weren't really "big" per-say(at least not to me). I suppose it's relative. I believe there's only a small percentage of women that have equally big boobs and big butts, that would be considered an hourglass shape, which in the USA a lot of women are not... I have noticed what you've said--women with big boobs, tend to have smaller butts--not necessarily flat, but just not big. Women with big butts, AND small waists, tend to have average or small boobs. And then you have the few that have both, or that have neither. I've noticed this definitely. I'm black women btw. I don't even want to say that it's necessarily tied to race. In the past black women were known to have bigger butts, but these days there are plenty of black women that don't or that are buying "big butts"(nicki minaj for instance). I think it's relative. I've noticed far too often on city data, women saying they have big butt and then they give an example and the example is just not what I would describe as big. And perhaps that's cultural. I've lived in different states, and I mostly date black men, and they've schooled me on big butts, and that is why the majority of the time, I don't agree with the examples of big butts. A good butt and a big butt is different. They can be the same... A person can have a nice butt, but the butt isn't particularly big. A women that is thin can have a butt that sticks out, and that looks big on her frame, but isn't considered "big". Too many scenarios but you get my drift. Typically a big butt is anything over 40 inches(from what I've been told). But again it's relative. I never thought Jessica biel or Brittney spears had big butts. They have nice in shape, toned butts that stick out somewhat, but big? Not really. Not to me, or to some of the men I know that are a** men. For instance, at one of my old jobs all the women were saying they had big butts. I didn't chime in to agree. The men and I were talking about it one day, and they all laughed it off and said "Why do women over estimate how big their butt is? None of these girls saying they have big butts, even have big butts?" And then I started making that observation too. I realized that it might not be an overestimation but merely people having different criteria. I've always thought that women with big butts have butts that are big like Coco, or Kim K, or Trina, or buffy the body. Jessica biel has an athletic nice butt, but big? Not really to me, or to the men I know.

I have a big butt, and I'm a black woman. My boobs are average size. My waist is small. I'm a pear-shaped, and I have noticable curves from the front, but my butt sticks out. But I don't have big boobs. On the other hand my sister has the complete opposite, a small to average butt, but big boobs, and she's thin, she is curvy somewhat, but it isn't as distinguished. When she gains her butt gets slightly bigger, but not what one would consider "big". When I gain my boobs get bigger, and my butt does as well--but so does the rest of me.
The thing is coco Buffy and Kim k don't have bmi's near 20 either...

If you picked a person with a really big butt like and was actually skinny or close to a healthy weight then that would be different.

Old 12-29-2014, 02:22 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,270,637 times
Quote:
The thing is coco Buffy and Trina don't have bmi's near 20 either...

If you picked a person with a really big butt like and was actually skinny or close to a healthy weight then that would be different.
They were just examples--from the men that I've talked with that talk about big butts. Those are always the women they mention. A women that is thin, can have a butt that sticks out and that is bigger on her frame, but it might not be what one would consider a "big butt". Come to think of it, based on your criteria, I doubt many of the women in mainstream with big butts have a healthy BMI--Coco, Nicki Minaj, Kim K, etc. I'm not sure what the OP considers a big butt though. I'm going by what the men I've dated have said, but not every man is the same. Like to me Jessica Biels butt is nice, but no one I know would ever say it was big. Honestly, it was big to a lot of white celebrities , but I mean I knew women who were Jessica's size weight wise who had a much bigger butt. They aren't celebrities though, so I can't post a pic. It's all relative.

Old 12-29-2014, 02:32 PM

894 posts, read 1,049,854 times
Quote:
She's not plastic just beautiful she looks the same as she did without make up when she was 14. She's just naturally pretty. That's why her daughter is so beautiful.
Her daughter looks like her ugly daddy, come on now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.