Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 04:48 PM

459 posts, read 768,111 times

Advertisements

I'm just wondering I hear people call women like candice swanepoel miranda Kerr Nina dobrev jennifer aniston miley Cyrus Chanel iman taylor swift and Adriana Lima banana shaped despite the fact that they all have proportional hips the their waistline. And then others will say their hourglass shaped. I have always thought these women would fit in the neat hourglass shape. Sure they are skinny but shape isn't supposed to do with weight does it? Reason I'm asking because I had an argument about this and I'm curious because personally I have a similar skeletal structure. So I need opinions please?

Old 01-12-2015, 05:18 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,402,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justawkward11 View Post
I'm just wondering I hear people call women like candice swanepoel miranda Kerr Nina dobrev jennifer aniston miley Cyrus Chanel iman taylor swift and Adriana Lima banana shaped despite the fact that they all have proportional hips the their waistline. And then others will say their hourglass shaped. I have always thought these women would fit in the neat hourglass shape. Sure they are skinny but shape isn't supposed to do with weight does it? Reason I'm asking because I had an argument about this and I'm curious because personally I have a similar skeletal structure. So I need opinions please?
Of course they can be skinny. Body shape has nothing to do with weight. But I think Candice, Nina and Miley have more pear shapes...

Old 01-12-2015, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
Of course they can be skinny. Body shape has nothing to do with weight. But I think Candice, Nina and Miley have more pear shapes...
All have bria dish shoulders...

Old 01-12-2015, 07:11 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,818,209 times
Of course you can be skinny with an hourglass shape. I am. I'd always hear, "At least you have a shape."

Old 01-12-2015, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justawkward11 View Post
All have bria dish shoulders...
Broad shoulders

Old 01-12-2015, 11:38 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,861,584 times
Yes skinny people can be hourglasses, but I think Nina Dobrev is a pear. Miley is probably a banana. And I saw a skinny super hourglass shaped woman this weekend. Or maybe she was a pronounced pear, wasn't really paying that much attention. She had a cure outfit on.

Old 01-13-2015, 09:23 AM

2,232 posts, read 2,402,959 times
What exactly is a banana shape?

Old 01-13-2015, 05:04 PM

2,023 posts, read 3,238,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
What exactly is a banana shape?
5 Body Shapes for women. Which one is you ? ~ Pose Pros

2. Banana :
Call it a ruler, rectangular, banana or whatever. Basically the women who have this body type are lean and their shoulder, waist line and hip area measures almost the same. This is also refered to as the boyish body type also. They have a very high metabolism and dont gain weight that easily. As for excercise there is no need to go over board. Just eating a healthy diet would do and focus on muscle building or forming.

Old 01-13-2015, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapenc View Post
5 Body Shapes for women. Which one is you ? ~ Pose Pros

2. Banana :
Call it a ruler, rectangular, banana or whatever. Basically the women who have this body type are lean and their shoulder, waist line and hip area measures almost the same. This is also refered to as the boyish body type also. They have a very high metabolism and dont gain weight that easily. As for excercise there is no need to go over board. Just eating a healthy diet would do and focus on muscle building or forming.
Also the waist isn't defined.

Old 01-13-2015, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Yes skinny people can be hourglasses, but I think Nina Dobrev is a pear. Miley is probably a banana. And I saw a skinny super hourglass shaped woman this weekend. Or maybe she was a pronounced pear, wasn't really paying that much attention. She had a cure outfit on.
Miley has a defined waist not really a banana

I wondered that about Nina though.

Miley Cyrus - Bikini in Miami - New adds - GotCeleb

Miley Cyrus Photo - The Hottest Celebrity Bikini Bodies - Us Weekly

She even has fat on her hips...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty