Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 02:19 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,398,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Anyone have any success with this?

I just signed up for Rachel Zoe's box at $100 a quarter. Haven't gotten the box yet but I'll report back.
I might have to check that one out.

I do Fab Fit Fun for myself and I've really liked what I've gotten, and you have some control as well.

I did Stitch Fix for a while, but really grew tired of it.

I do Rockets of Awesome for my youngest child. He loves the clothes he gets.

Non fashion/beauty...my dogs adore their barkbox toys and treats and my kids love Snackcrate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2018, 03:55 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,571,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbreadlove View Post
My first subscription box was Birchbox and now I have Boxycharm, ipsy, Allure Beauty and I just cancelled LiveGlam: Lippies
Sounds like you caught the bug! What is your favorite?

Old 07-02-2018, 04:14 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
I looked into Ipsy after reading this thread, and signed up to the point before putting in the credit card info.

Unfortunately for them, in the email they sent me trying to get me to finish, they showed me what would be in my first box and I'm really not that interested.

I do think it looks like fun and not a bad value for $10.

My first box was going to have a small mud mask, a small cosmetic bag, a makeup brush, an eye shadow, a horribly light pink lipstick (I only wear wine colors or red), and a small mascara.

I probably would have gone for it if they hadn't gotten the lip so wrong, but I don't really need any of those things. I have nice make up brushes and plenty of little cosmetic bags already.

I may still sign up some time.

Old 07-02-2018, 08:47 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,111,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbreadlove View Post
My first subscription box was Birchbox and now I have Boxycharm, ipsy, Allure Beauty and I just cancelled LiveGlam: Lippies
Can you elaborate on these?

Old 07-03-2018, 04:59 PM

44 posts, read 40,153 times
I currently get Ipsy, Boxycharm, and the Zoe Box of Style. I have gotten Ipsy for a couple of years and I am pretty happy with it -- though most of the items end up with my makeup-loving daughter. Although Boxycharm is a little more expensive, I find that the cosmetics items it offers tend to be of higher quality and are often larger -- such as an entire eyeshadow pallette. If I were going to choose between the two, I would choose Boxycharm, but they both offer an opportunity to try new items, such as a new lipgloss or a new mascara. With the Zoe Box of Style, it usually contains about 5 items, always some that are fashion related and sometimes a cosmetics item. I like the fact that the boxes tend to be seasonally themed since one comes each season. Summer and spring tend to include items such as beach coverups, sunglasses, beach totes, etc. Fall and winter may include scarves, hats, handbags. Usually there is a jewelry item as well. I have subscribed to the Zoe Box for a few years and have gotten some great items that have helped me to expand my fashion horizons, such as a kimono that I never thought I could carry off, but I get compliments every time I wear it. I must confess, however, that while the summer box I got a couple of weeks ago was pretty good, the spring box almost made me cancel my subscription. If anyone has any questions about any of these boxes, I would be happy to elaborate further.

Old 07-03-2018, 05:24 PM

275 posts, read 332,263 times
If you like skincare, you should look into Boxwalla or Beauty Heroes.

Old 07-10-2018, 01:11 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,111,286 times
Just got my Zoe Box of Style and I am very happy with it.

It was a Bindya cover up, For Love and Lemons tassel earrings, Kate Sommerville moisturizer, RZ straw tote, and a gorgeous Skova beach towel.

I will use everything in the box all year long. I'm also taking it with me when I leave for Key West Saturday!

Love, love, love it!

If you check their Instagram page, you can find $25 off codes.

https://www.boxofstyle.com/

Old 07-16-2018, 07:19 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
Here's the thing...you will probably only like (or use) one of the items in the box....you're paying a ton for those things that you most likely won't use!

Just buy what you want, when you want it!
That's kind of how I feel. Also, don't you just end up with cosmetics piling up in a drawer? How can you use them fast enough? I know you can gift them or give them away, but it seems like you'd have to be doing that a lot.

I tried Stitch Fix a couple of times, after having heard about it here on CD a while back, but it just didn't work well for me. I was very specific and descriptive in explaining what I like, but it just seemed like the stylists had a limited source to choose from. The clothes seemed pretty cheaply made for what you pay, all of it seemed very similar, and a lot of it was just not me at all. I did get the most comfortable and best-fitting jeans I've ever worn from them, though. And they do make it very easy and convenient to use, including returns.

The idea of it is fun, and I might try it again in the future, but... hasn't really worked for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty