Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 03:06 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times

Advertisements

I avoid wearing my bed clothes outdoors, unless there is a fire drill at 6 AM (like today). Ugh, I hated it .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2015, 03:26 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Does anyone think this is appropriate attire for work? Too over dressed or just not proper for a corporate environment? My female friend really loves it.... wants to buy it and said she would wear it to work once in a while.
With a short jacket, it would be fine.

Is Korea setting the trends, now?

Old 03-02-2015, 03:35 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,316,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Does anyone think this is appropriate attire for work? Too over dressed or just not proper for a corporate environment? My female friend really loves it.... wants to buy it and said she would wear it to work once in a while.
I think it's an interesting look and as far as it being appropriate work/business attire it probably depends more on where she works and what type of business environment she works in. I work in an office where that outfit would be very attractive and perhaps overdressed but cute nonetheless (on the 'right' person of course).

Old 03-02-2015, 08:15 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,539,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
With a short jacket, it would be fine.

Not sure if Korea is setting trends, but certainly, i see some nice outfits, slightly different styles, and interesting color combos. A bit different.

cool looking heels and red outfit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpAn9ryoB4Y

interesting skirts/dresses...the gold belt on the red skirt was pretty cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRyu8DdNIKQ

Last edited by JL; 03-02-2015 at 08:24 PM..

Old 03-03-2015, 01:00 AM

1,516 posts, read 1,248,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yes. South Korea has been gaining momentum in fashion and beauty since kpop started getting really popular around 2010. Korean and Japanese cosmetics are popular these days (bb cream anyone?).

Old 03-03-2015, 10:55 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
Forget dressing up... I wish people would just wear real pants out in public and look like they had taken a shower recently. I don't get the whole yoga pants, stretch pants, jeggings, phenomena. Wear some actual damn pants - jeans, cords, khakis... heaven forbid wear a skirt or a dress. The majority of people in my area are lazy, fat, and sloppy. I don't dress up to run errands, but I do at least wear real clothes and put on makeup, take a shower, brush my hair. I hate how it's become so common place for people to constantly go out looking like they just rolled out of bed.

Old 03-03-2015, 05:59 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,791,000 times
Agree w/strawberry - how hard is it to wear PANTS (and those that aren't hanging down to thighs) - I have no idea how it became "cool/hip" whatever to wear pajama pants out in public (let alone slippers - I've seen Hello Kitty slippers on young adults out and about) - Agree it's not a matter of "dressing up" but just DRESSING!!! Wear decent clothing.

Old 03-03-2015, 08:24 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,257,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Where what you want. Dress to please yourself, not others.

But in my opinion, Florida is an awful place to dress up. The humidity and heat and frequent rain make it really uncomfortable. I'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl, so dressing up is an "occasion" situation for me, and I hate it when I have to do it in FL.

I go to a conference in FL, but at least I'm indoors in the AC for most of it. The second I can, I'm back to my hotel room changing my clothes.

Mainly, it's that the humidity makes me feel dirty and sweaty, so I just don't like being in my "good" clothes.
Right on! Wear whatever you think you'll look good in. Your confidence will make you shine.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:38 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,539,581 times
Had to change the youtube settings in the right corner to 720p for an high definition look, but well worth it. Even the casual attire looks really nice with different colors.

safe colors, but still showful...2nd main vocalist with nice suspender outfit..lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR7OsPBe4yc

who said green doesn't look good...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKpmeI5rfKk

main vocalist with black striped sleeves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdeAK7uSsLE

yellow usually doesn't do well, but looks great here, but you need a flat tummy to get away with it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVZ5Q19IKdc

these are a bit out there, but still not bad...main vocalist's long hair is out of this world!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTcNIe9nQjE

Old 03-03-2015, 09:53 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,445,216 times
The women in my bridge club dress up all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty