Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2015, 11:54 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,499,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
I never said he should try and convince her to change. I was merely saying just tell her why he didn't want to see her anymore. That's all.
I agree. Because in a situation like that if a guy just snubbed her she would wonder what was wrong and possibly feel bad. On the other hand if he told her he wasn't going to give her the opportunity to explore a new relationship she could breathe a sigh of relief that she dodged a bullet on not getting mixed up with so superficial a person.

The mature thing to do for a guy who felt this way would be to get to know the lady a bit. Then if he felt there was something there, to mention how he feels about the makeup situation. Not to try to convince her to change but to give her his opinion on women who wear too much makeup. That might give her encouragement to reassess her own makeup routine.

If she doesn't get the hint and he knows feelings won't get hurt, he could go farther to suggest she uses a bit too much.

Perhaps then she could use the opportunity to mention something about his appearance she would like to see change as well. Fair is fair. Those men who are criticizing what they believe to be overly made-up women might not be the grand prizes they believe themselves to be in all women's eyes either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 11:59 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,273,456 times
"Hey, I know I asked you out, and we've had a good time together. But I'm not comfortable with letting you decide what you want to wear and what you want to put on your face, so I'm going to need to end things."

Old 04-01-2015, 12:59 PM

4,044 posts, read 2,721,149 times
You know, I'm wondering if the OP has an issue with his date wearing make-up because she is getting looks from other men when they are out?

Perhaps, in his mind, if she doesn't fix herself up then he won't have to worry about other men being attracted to his date.

Old 04-01-2015, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
"Hey, I know I asked you out, and we've had a good time together. But I'm not comfortable with letting you decide what you want to wear and what you want to put on your face, so I'm going to need to end things."
OUCH!!!

Old 04-01-2015, 01:07 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,834,198 times
That could be. A lot of anti-makeup guys are insecure. I have the polar opposite of this mentality. I like when other men have looked at my dates and have been attracted to them .It makes me feel lucky to be with her.

Old 04-01-2015, 01:10 PM

1,410 posts, read 2,143,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
This is something that I just cant understand. Men prefer a woman to look natural. If we can see your makeup / its obviously visible than you probably have too much on.

There is a girl ive been on a few dates with but she wears too much makeup. She looks much better without all that on. I want to tell her that is why I am not seeing her more or will not entertain her as a possible gf. But I cant not tell her that obviously.
You need to let her know why you're being distant or not as into her as she'd like. You owe her that simple explanation. I don't think it'd be that big of a deal in telling her, providing you use a kind tone.

BUT -- As for the thread title and the first part of your post, apparently MOST men do NOT prefer the natural look on a woman. I recall in the '90s, all men ever raved on and on about was Pamela Anderson, with her very heavy makeup, bleached out hair and breast implants, and maybe a bit tanorexic to top it off. Maybe, we women will buy that once we see them no longer drooling over airbrushed images of heavily made up, bikini waxed, plastic surgery enhanced nude models in men's magazines and at strip clubs. At most strip clubs, as I can recall, the most popular strippers were not the girl next door types, but the 'fake' looking painted lady types. They got the most bills thrown up at them onstage.

Old 04-01-2015, 01:53 PM

It's that "I cannot tell her, obviously" remark that bothers me. Why "obviously?" It isn't obvious at all. What is obvious is looking at someone with disdain because you reject them but won't tell them why you are rejecting them. The truth may hurt but omission of the truth can hurt more. It leaves the other person thinking, "What did I do wrong?" That's just mean and I think that would be obvious.

Old 04-01-2015, 01:58 PM

18,544 posts, read 18,818,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I've never understood this. When did pouting become attractive? Whatever happened to smiling? Has that become passe? Smiling is no longer attractive? I can't get my mind around this. And who, exactly, decided that pouting was attractive? Was there a popular vote, or was there a government or corporate board that made that decision? The fashion industry, in all its wisdom?

hahaaha true.. hate it too.. wasnt it Victoria Beckham that started all that sillyness now all the young girls think its cool

Old 04-01-2015, 04:40 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,834,198 times
Men liking pouting is nothing new. Here are some lyrics from a 1977 James Taylor song "Whenever you give me that pretty little pout it turns me inside out".

Old 04-01-2015, 05:04 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,803,406 times
If you feel as if "yer woman" is wearing too much makeup, I suppose you could invite her over and then ambush her with a high powered hose... call it "playful."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty