Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 08:23 PM

303 posts, read 396,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissrock View Post
5. Any "anti-aging" product- There is no such thing, everyone gets wrinkles and get old.
From what I've seen, the most effective anti-aging product is probably sunscreen. Me, I can't get on the eye cream train - I think using a separate moisturizer for the facial skin is specific enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 09:24 PM

15,966 posts, read 7,032,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
eyelash curlers.

primer...i just do not get the use.

eyebrow powder....just do not get it.
Laura mercier primer is great. It keeps my face looking fresh all day. You can even wear it by itself. I don't think it is useless at all.

Old 04-01-2015, 09:39 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selena777 View Post
From what I've seen, the most effective anti-aging product is probably sunscreen. Me, I can't get on the eye cream train - I think using a separate moisturizer for the facial skin is specific enough.
I've tried them too and didn't see enough of a difference to both. They also charge an arm and a leg for a tiny little pot of cream!

Old 04-01-2015, 10:51 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
Axe, perhaps the most repulsive scent I know of. Just hate it. Franch oil feels disgusting as well.

The best products for me are coconut oil and sandalwood.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:38 AM

151 posts, read 162,236 times
Those huge eyeshadow kits with all kinds of colors.

When in the world is a lady ever going to wear ALL those colors & that much eyeshadow?? WTH?!

I have 1 eyeshadow pack (has 1 color) & I love it. Very natural.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:53 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Too many lotions and creams and oils and serums. But I totally get PLAYING with these things, trying them out, changing things up when you get bored or when your skin changes. I'm not a hater.

I've has so much stuff in my life I could never say something was useless because if it makes you feel good it's not useless.

These days I'm down to just a handful of products that I use daily, and a handful of products I like to play with occasionally.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:52 AM

922 posts, read 807,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondeArizonaBabe View Post
Those huge eyeshadow kits with all kinds of colors.

When in the world is a lady ever going to wear ALL those colors & that much eyeshadow?? WTH?!

I have 1 eyeshadow pack (has 1 color) & I love it. Very natural.
The problem with these kits is that eyeshadow go bad very quickly.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:48 AM

151 posts, read 162,236 times
Quote:
The problem with these kits is that eyeshadow go bad very quickly.
Yeah, they sure do!

Old 04-02-2015, 03:36 PM

922 posts, read 807,012 times
Actually I only have one red lipstick, some women horde lipsticks and it is totally pointless, I mix red lipstick and different eyeshadow for different colors.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:54 PM

438 posts, read 653,859 times
Quote:
5. Any "anti-aging" product- There is no such thing, everyone gets wrinkles and get old.

Not true. There is anti-aging technology and anti-aging products that can remove/reduce wrinkling, spots, bad skin, and make a person look younger and better. Its not cheap, but it works. I am a medical professional. I don't work in aesthetics but I have colleagues who do, and I've seen their work and the science behind it. I'm not talking about the type of cosmetic junk that they sell on cable shopping channels or that you can buy in any pharmacy. A lot of this has to be balanced against diet and lifestyle too. The real anti-aging docs don't just sell you medical grade cosmetics. They put you on a lifestyle modification regimen, too. And they make you come back to see them routinely to keep you healthy and looking good. I've seen them make people who are old and ugly look much younger and more beautiful. Ok, so maybe you need some botox and a deep chemical peel, but if you're hooked up with the right doctor, whether you're a man or a woman, they can do some really neat things to keep you looking good. Of course, you're also right about the fact that we all still get older. But getting older and getting uglier are not the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty