Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 01:48 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
I don't know how old the above poster is, but practically everyone with tattoos (older people, mostly) ended up regretting theirs at some point. I have a sneaky suspicion that one of my nieces will, too, as she admitted to tattoo'ing as being "addicting" to her, and I don't view this as a good thing.

I do think tattoos will taper out, maybe even become "uncool" somewhere down the line. But I don't think it will happen soon, and it could likely get replaced by something else.

Have you talked to "practically everyone"? Do you know for sure that "practically everyone" regrets their tattoo?
I don't remember meeting you or having a conversation about this particular topic.

Keep your blanket cover limited to yourself, everyone I know who is "older" does not regret their tattoo and never have.

Old 06-28-2015, 01:53 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
The only thing I regret about my tattoo is the local (lower ab), only because at 18 I could not have conceived of what tat would look at during and after the advanced stage of pregnancy. However, a poster on the Relationships board posed some geometric tattoos, and I am planning on my next birthday.

Last edited by Ginge McFantaPants; 06-28-2015 at 02:37 PM..

Old 06-28-2015, 02:02 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
I saw this lady that had to be in her 60's or 70's and she had tattoos and no they did not look nice at all. Maybe she was younger. I have no idea. It would seem that people that smoke age faster than those that don't. This same woman was also a smoker so she might have been in her 50's. I am not that good when it comes to telling anyone their age. All I know is that the body changes over time and the artwork looks bad when that happens.

Old 06-28-2015, 02:03 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
I will say this, watch where you place them. We have a tattoo policy at work. They have to be covered.

Old 06-28-2015, 02:05 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,244,230 times
My favorite Tattooed Idiot is the one who gets something "personally meaningful" in a place they themselves will never be able to read it, like the back of the neck or something.

Its ADVERTISING.

Look at my tatt and know I am an Enlightened Being.

Yeah, ok.

Old 06-28-2015, 02:22 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,470,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeneko View Post
I'm curious as to what people think will happen in the future ? Will the next generation reject tattoos as something their parents did and are therefore "uncool"?
I definitely think so. I think each generation wants their own thing. And perhaps after they see someone in their 70s/80s with tattoos? Tramp stamp grandma might be their rallying cry and think....no way!?

Old 06-28-2015, 02:28 PM

68 posts, read 56,990 times
Teenagers and early 20 somethings already consider tattoos very uncool.

Old 06-28-2015, 02:30 PM

4,061 posts, read 2,137,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I'm curious why it matters to anyone but those who have the tattoos or may want them in the future.

What you think is subpar is simply your opinion and means nothing to anyone but you.
It doesn't "matter" to me. It probably doesn't keep the OP up at night wondering. This is a forum---just fun to come and conjecture about stuff. YOU were curious enough to come on to this thread and didn't just write it off as something you were disinterested in since you seem to think it shouldn't matter and obviously doesn't to you. Others of us were as well. Just interesting when a fashion/style/trend is something unique and original...until lots and lots of people do it. Then it loses its edge...and something else takes its place. I know---as a hippie in the 60's and 70's, I tried to be a nonconformist, (although looking back, it kind of was conforming to nonconformity---there---I admitted it!) wearing certain items, until they became mainstream. Tie dye was no longer cool when mass manufactured and worn by the masses.

Old 06-28-2015, 02:31 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,100,649 times
So I work at an airport... I see everything under the sun.

Year to year I see fashion trends wax and wane.

The latest fad is OLD LADIES -- like in their 60s -- getting tattoos. On their LEGS.

The whole idea of it... does not bode well.

What may have looked like an exotic orchid on the tattoo studio wall off in some beach resort and seemed like a good idea after a few drinks...

In the clear light of day, at a bit of distance, Honey that just looks like a hideous knot of varicose veins.

Of course kids will reject anything old ladies think is fashionable. I'm an old lady. I can say these things.

Old 06-28-2015, 02:32 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,286,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
I don't know how old the above poster is, but practically everyone with tattoos (older people, mostly) ended up regretting theirs at some point....
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Oh God I hope so, lol
I see nothing classy in piercings & tattoos ....
My kids who are all grown,
are very classy sophisticated
cool people- successful, too.
They followed my example & have no ink
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Not only will the next generations REJECT them, they will LAUGH at them
Almost every time a simple tattoo discussion begins, people chime in with negativity just because they don't like them. Assumptions get thrown around as do stereotypes.

Practically everyone will regret there's. Really?
Very classy and sophisticated..and no tattoos is the difference maker?
They will laugh at them, or YOU laugh at them.

Sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty