Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 02:36 AM

1,949 posts, read 3,865,466 times

Advertisements

My wife almost never wears makeup and I love being able to see the real her every day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2015, 11:57 PM

65 posts, read 42,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
One thing I must admit I love is when I see a woman with bright red lipstick. I guess it is a weakness for me. It just captivates me.
Opposite for me. Lipstick, especially bright red, really has no place.

Old 08-30-2015, 01:58 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,631,616 times
Well one thing is for sure, the make-up industry isn't hurting. So I guess this forum is not necessarily very representative of the majority. I will never complain about or criticize a woman for using make-up.

Old 08-30-2015, 04:50 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,710,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
My wife almost never wears makeup and I love being able to see the real her every day!
Exactly what is unreal? A woman with make up...if she chooses to where it...is just as real as someone that just washed their face.

Old 08-30-2015, 05:09 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,455,012 times
I find that men frequently say that they prefer no makeup, but they really mean they prefer a natural look. The first time my ex saw me applying makeup, he was shocked! He had no idea how much I was wearing for the previous few months because I never did anything too dramatic.

Old 09-01-2015, 07:07 PM

1 posts, read 700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deweyforprez View Post
To tell the truth, I never pay attention to a woman's make-up. Unless she is overly made-up, that is. In my previous job there was an older woman in the office who PILED on the make-up so heavily that it looked hideous. She also wore way too much perfume- she sat two cubicles away from me and all I smelled all day long was Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds. She kept a bottle in her desk drawer and would dab a little more on a few times a day. I overheard her talking to another female employee one day- she said "A true lady never leaves the house without putting on make-up." I felt like saying "Neither does a clown..."
Lol...I came across your post on facebook...

Old 09-03-2015, 10:14 AM

42,554 posts, read 87,022,277 times
Absolutely not. I prefer women who look like they do not use makeup at all (even if they do). Keep it subtle.

As in: "I didn't know she wore makeup, until I saw her without it."

Old 09-07-2015, 11:02 PM

7 posts, read 6,679 times
Hear ye Hear ye
honestly make is used to improve one's look, and it helps if use properly.
The fact that many women use it improperly and get negative result. My own sister every morning to work she pad2 makeup A, then use brush2 makeup B, then tick2 a conceal makeup. A bit of cheek rouge. And if going function some color on the eye lids. whewww i go. Honestly those things do not help. It looks like and i would feel like a mask.
i only recommend lipstick and eyeliner for daily. On special occasion, a dot or two liquid foundation is sufficient. Moisturiser is a must after every face wash.
And please know that these things have expiry date. Do not buy too much make more than you need in the next 6 months. Make up need to be hygienically handle and store. No sharing, only for personal use. Dont get anybody's DNA into your make up. Or bacteria to jump in. I think only few women realise these facts.

Old 09-08-2015, 08:47 AM

2,516 posts, read 5,690,100 times
Yes. Absolutely.

Old 09-08-2015, 08:53 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Absolutely not. I prefer women who look like they do not use makeup at all (even if they do). Keep it subtle.

As in: "I didn't know she wore makeup, until I saw her without it."
This is my husband too. He does not like the way makeup feels or smells. He won't kiss me if I have lipstick or any "goo" on my face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty