Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 04:21 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,624,328 times

Advertisements

I have found that men who say they prefer women without makeup generally fall into four categories :

Men who mean they only like women who are beautiful without makeup.

Men who THINK women without garish makeup are going natural.

Sheep herders and tent revivalists.

And men cheating on their spouses who don't want makeup smeared on their clothing or face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2015, 04:25 PM

7 posts, read 6,673 times
I am a woman, and I look better now when I am in older age than when I was very young. Simply because I did not take care of my skin from the inside out and I used too much makeup. Simply put: I eat crap and put some crap on my face too. I looked old, I was 20 and looked like 40. Now I (keep on trying) eat good, and put some good cream, on my face. I am 50 and I look 30 (people's votes).
Make up can be fun if use occasionally and small. But many use too much and too often. These women treat it like cigarettes, the more makeup the more "stable" they feel. Actually it is a false sense of security.

Old 08-18-2015, 04:32 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugrats2001 View Post
I have found that men who say they prefer women without makeup generally fall into four categories :

And men cheating on their spouses who don't want makeup smeared on their clothing or face.
Or they are true hearted gentlemen that are giving her the best possible compliment and saying you don't need it as your beautiful enough

( worksout good for me when I've said it in the past )

Old 08-18-2015, 04:34 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,357,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugrats2001 View Post

Add another to the list: guys who are insecure and don't want their girlfriends/wives to look 'too good.'

Old 08-18-2015, 06:02 PM

171 posts, read 197,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
+1
I was scanning to see if someone already posted this! Fits perfectly with some of the guys saying they just want a "natural beauty" or for make-up to be "natural looking". Laugh so hard at this every time I see it

Old 08-18-2015, 06:31 PM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
I just check my reputation comments and someone left me a comment saying that I like clowns. I am not sure what that person's deal is but I said that I think makeup is wonderful for women. I am not sure what the heck is happening in our world but it seems to me that there is a war here on City Data against makeup on women. I have always thought that makeup was part of being a woman and now all of a sudden some people seem to have such a problem with it. I love a woman who wears makeup. That is my taste and I stand by it.
Thank you! I don't know what the deal is on this forum, but there seems to be a huge contingent of men and women here who are totally anti- makeup. Why? A little makeup artfully applied enhances a woman's natural beauty. No one is talking "clown" makeup for pete sake! My opinion is that most women can use at least a little. I never go anywhere without some, but I only wear some eye makeup and lip gloss, no foundation or powder. I will go a bit more if I am performing belly dance or going out for the evening.

There has been thread upon thread on this forum on this exact same subject - it just won't die!

Old 08-18-2015, 06:41 PM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmK999 View Post
+1
I was scanning to see if someone already posted this! Fits perfectly with some of the guys saying they just want a "natural beauty" or for make-up to be "natural looking". Laugh so hard at this every time I see it
So funny and so true!!!

Old 08-18-2015, 07:49 PM

607 posts, read 602,269 times
My ex-boyfriend, who was very dear to me for a long time, insisted he liked me better without makeup. He told me this repeatedly. However, when he would ogle and stare at other women (in front of me, no less), it was always at women who were all done up with makeup, among other things. Also, the ways he betrayed my trust and faith were with glamorous/full-makeup-ed/superficial-looking types of women. It still infuriates me when I think about it. He liked me better with makeup, yet he put our relationship on the line & betrayed me for the most UNNATURAL, fake-looking women? There's a reason why he's my ex. What a POS.

Old 08-18-2015, 07:53 PM

171 posts, read 197,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffaNYC View Post
My ex-boyfriend, who was very dear to me for a long time, insisted he liked me better without makeup. He told me this repeatedly. However, when he would ogle and stare at other women (in front of me, no less), it was always at women who were all done up with makeup, among other things. Also, the ways he betrayed my trust and faith were with glamorous/full-makeup-ed/superficial-looking types of women. It still infuriates me when I think about it. He liked me better with makeup, yet he put our relationship on the line & betrayed me for the most UNNATURAL, fake-looking women? There's a reason why he's my ex. What a POS.
They rarely trade-up when they cheat

Old 08-18-2015, 07:55 PM

607 posts, read 602,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Some people put on makeup because they think it's fun.
I do it for both reasons. 1) I like the way I look with a little bit of makeup much better than not (I have small, moon-shaped eyes and putting on mascara does wonders for my face), and 2) I love love love beauty and fashion, and I love being able to get creative with makeup, come up with different looks, etc. I have a massive makeup collection - I don't even need to buy any more makeup for the rest of my life bc the amount of makeup I have would probably last 50 years, lol, but I still do, because it's just fun and makes me happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty