Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: About how often do you wear jeans?
Most of the Time 21 44.68%
Some of the Time 18 38.30%
Rarely 6 12.77%
Never 2 4.26%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 03:23 PM

347 posts, read 282,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
No, that's cool. It got me thinking about jeans, and I have worn them a bit more, lately, actually. My lady friend would thank you because she said it is a more loosened up look than normal for me, which she likes for a casual dinner or movie.
I'm glad to be of some help! Haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 03:26 PM

4,566 posts, read 5,421,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watts87 View Post
Denim isn't what it used to be. Jean sales have been shrinking over the past couple of years as the industry has struggled with various issues, especially rise of the "athleisure" movement.

In your opinion, is the supposed demise of jeans overstated or is denim doomed?

Can jeans make a comeback and coexist with athletic wear?

I look forward to reading any thoughts on this. In my humble opinion, jeans have been an interesting and unique piece of Americana and I hope they endure as a fashion staple.
With the discovery of yoga pants and Lululemon, many women have switched to the more comfortable and more physique flattering yoga pants. I dont see jeans making a comeback at all to overthrow yoga pants as preferred wear with the non-ugly crowd. Sure the big people are going to want jeans, but those who are normal to sexy sized will always prefer yoga pants. The Queens Gambit almost never wears jeans anymore as she just loves loves loves her yoga pants. This makes me very very happy. She said not only are they sexier, and more comfortable, but they (yoga type pants) are much easier to put on. No need to struggle to put on figure flattering jeans anymore. Although she does still have one pair that looks AMAZING ON HER.

Old 09-15-2015, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksvillemom View Post
lots of kids though, think jeans are hard and uncomfortable. probably becasue they've grown up wearing athletic shorts and pants.
I thought the same thing when I was a kid. In fact, I didn't start wearing jeans until college.

Old 09-15-2015, 04:09 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,560,913 times
I wear them every day.

Old 09-15-2015, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
I wear them every day.
Respect!

Old 09-15-2015, 04:19 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
I don't know how to answer this question bc I rarely wear blue jeans, but it's because I rarely wear pants at all. Shorts. Boxer shorts, tennis shorts, sweat shorts, cargo shorts, regular shorts, and for work...scrubs.

But if I am wearing pants, 99% of the time, it's blue jeans. So I always wear blue jeans if I'm wearing pants...see what I'm saying?

Old 09-15-2015, 04:21 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksvillemom View Post
lots of kids though, think jeans are hard and uncomfortable. probably becasue they've grown up wearing athletic shorts and pants.
But good ones aren't.
My GAP and Lucky jeans are soft and comfortable.

I meet some guys whose jeans look like they could stand up on their own (and many even have that crease down the front *gag*)...I don't get that.

I envy my son (3 years old). He has these flannel-lined jeans for winter (I'll still be wearing shorts) that are amazing.

Old 09-15-2015, 04:40 PM

1,511 posts, read 1,973,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
With the discovery of yoga pants and Lululemon, many women have switched to the more comfortable and more physique flattering yoga pants. I dont see jeans making a comeback at all to overthrow yoga pants as preferred wear with the non-ugly crowd. Sure the big people are going to want jeans, but those who are normal to sexy sized will always prefer yoga pants. The Queens Gambit almost never wears jeans anymore as she just loves loves loves her yoga pants. This makes me very very happy. She said not only are they sexier, and more comfortable, but they (yoga type pants) are much easier to put on. No need to struggle to put on figure flattering jeans anymore. Although she does still have one pair that looks AMAZING ON HER.
Plenty of "normal-sized" people don't like wearing yoga pants outside of athletic activities. I think they look ridiculous as everyday wear regardless of your size.

Old 09-15-2015, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I don't know how to answer this question bc I rarely wear blue jeans, but it's because I rarely wear pants at all. Shorts. Boxer shorts, tennis shorts, sweat shorts, cargo shorts, regular shorts, and for work...scrubs.

But if I am wearing pants, 99% of the time, it's blue jeans. So I always wear blue jeans if I'm wearing pants...see what I'm saying?
Definitely.

Old 09-15-2015, 04:52 PM

4,566 posts, read 5,421,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BATCAT View Post
Plenty of "normal-sized" people don't like wearing yoga pants outside of athletic activities. I think they look ridiculous as everyday wear regardless of your size.
Not me. I think they look great. Most of the women I know are in agreement with me as well on this. They are the new everyday casual wear that you can also workout in. Can be often and easily seen in Starbucks, the market, bookstore, mall, etc. as well as in the park, gym, yoga studio, spin class and running paths.

I love it and love the women who feel the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty