Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: About how often do you wear jeans?
Most of the Time 21 44.68%
Some of the Time 18 38.30%
Rarely 6 12.77%
Never 2 4.26%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 05:26 PM

50,416 posts, read 64,172,963 times

Advertisements

My feeling is they stretch when I wear them, whether or not there is lycra in them. I dry them in the dryer to get he back to normal. Jeans are the work horses of our closet, they do not need pitty pat treatment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 06:56 PM

28 posts, read 66,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watts87 View Post
Denim isn't what it used to be. Jean sales have been shrinking over the past couple of years as the industry has struggled with various issues, especially rise of the "athleisure" movement.

In your opinion, is the supposed demise of jeans overstated or is denim doomed?

Can jeans make a comeback and coexist with athletic wear?

I look forward to reading any thoughts on this. In my humble opinion, jeans have been an interesting and unique piece of Americana and I hope they endure as a fashion staple.
Men who like the old school fit/look and want to avoid the "below the waist" modern skin tight cuts that teenagers and hipsters like seem to buy Lee regular fit bootcut jeans. They don't hug your hips, quads, thighs too tight or taper down to a dorky tiny cuff that looks awful with men who wear over size 10 shoes or boots. Just the right amount of flare and doesn't draw attention to the fact you wear over a size 11+ shoe. They also don't sag in the butt to give the illusion that you pooped your pants or joined the local street gang. They flatter where they are supposed to and ride loose where you want them too. Levis 517 used to fit like these, however the newest versions were redesigned to cater to modern trends. They in turn lost a lot of former customers who switched to Lee because they maintained the philosophy that if it isn't broken, don't try to fix it. Best of all these jeans can be had regularly for $29.99 - $44.99 as opposed to the Levis regular $58.99 price.

Men, if you are wanting something that fits like what you have worn your entire life and don't want or need the latest and greatest modern cuts, these are your most appropriate option. The denim is heavier and like the old jeans you own laying in the bottom of your drawer as well. You have to also watch the new Levis for that too now. Also something else I noticed with the newest Levis, the pockets are approximately 1 1/2" shorter than their older versions and the current Lee's. That might not make a lot of difference for the general high school and college aged "hipster" crowd, but for most men it certainly does especially if you always carry a pocket knife with you and your keys, cell phone, change etc...

Old 09-15-2015, 08:04 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,203,092 times
Never. I usually wear khakis. Jeans are uncomfortable.

Old 09-16-2015, 04:38 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,235,996 times
Happens to me sometimes with the sucky washing machine we have.

Jeans are awesome, especially with muscle tees or tanks if you got the arms. With cooler weather in hold, I'm so happy to be wearing jeans.

Old 09-16-2015, 04:39 AM

347 posts, read 282,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Jeans are the work horses of our closet, they do not need pitty pat treatment.
True. One of the best qualities of jeans is their durability.

Old 09-16-2015, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawa1992 View Post
Never. I usually wear khakis. Jeans are uncomfortable.
I wear khakis quite a bit. For me, it's about half and half.

Old 09-17-2015, 12:41 AM

10,914 posts, read 31,438,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watts87 View Post
I wear khakis quite a bit. For me, it's about half and half.
That's a good balance. I tend to wear chinos/khakis in multiple colors much more often than jeans, which is funny because chinos were as causal as I would get. However, jeans do have their place, too, and with options available today, it's easier to wear them, even if I do wear them with a shirt and novelty tie and blazer.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 09-17-2015, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
That's a good balance. I tend to wear chinos/khakis in multiple colors much more often than jeans, which is funny because chinos were as causal as I would get. However, jeans do have their place, too, and with options available today, it's easier to wear them, even if I do wear them with a shirt and novelty tie and blazer.
I'm pretty bland when it comes to khakis or chinos. Just black and the actual khaki color. It's kind of unusual for me, but for the first time ever I have more pairs of jeans than I do chinos.

Old 09-17-2015, 04:51 PM

191 posts, read 273,314 times
Jeans rule! I definitely hope denim makes a comeback, or at least doesn't continue to fade away. Not a fan of the athleisure look at all. Quite ridiculous looking in my humble opinion.

Old 09-17-2015, 04:54 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,364,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larz View Post
Jeans rule! I definitely hope denim makes a comeback, or at least doesn't continue to fade away. Not a fan of the athleisure look at all. Quite ridiculous looking in my humble opinion.
A comeback? They've never left!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty