Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 01:14 PM

15,145 posts, read 27,795,746 times

Advertisements

Agree with most opinions, I can't believe how inconsiderate some are and just dump a load of clothes in the fitting room and walk out (as to the poster who said how easy it is - believe it or not, some have used the fitting room as a personal toilet! DISGUSTING!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2015, 06:00 PM

4,366 posts, read 4,582,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
I'm talking about when you go to try on a bunch of pants and the dressing room attendant tells you sternly, "make sure you hang the pants back up on the hanger when you bring them back."

I get it- they have to hang up a lot of pants all day long everyday and it's probably good to get some help. However, they are getting paid to do that because I buy the pants. If I don't want to hang up the pants I'm not going to hang up the pants. I don't want to have to be told like a 3rd grader to clean up my room or something. Sometimes I'll hang up the pants but in a really poor way so the attendant has to do her work, anyway.

It can be a little aggravating when you bring in about twenty or so items to try on at one time. I usually try to hang everything back up on that little rack that provide outside of the dressing rooms so that the garments can be (washed and?) returned to their proper place. Sometimes, though, I do leave things if I'm in a hurry. I usually ask for permission before I do it, though.

Old 11-27-2015, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Agree with most opinions, I can't believe how inconsiderate some are and just dump a load of clothes in the fitting room and walk out (as to the poster who said how easy it is - believe it or not, some have used the fitting room as a personal toilet! DISGUSTING!)

Well, some people think they can change their babies anywhere, and moms aren't always the most discriminating when it comes to picking up soiled diapers and baby hygiene items. My friend used to leave her baby's soiled diapers in my car all of the time. She claimed she just didn't notice. I don't understand the mindset, but, hey, I've never been a parent. I imagine it must be quite embarrassing for the mom, though, if Junior suddenly decides to go potty in the dressing room! I think I would try to be understanding, though. Accidents happen...

Old 11-27-2015, 06:12 PM

620 posts, read 639,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb501 View Post
Well, some people think they can change their babies anywhere, and moms aren't always the most discriminating when it comes to picking up soiled diapers and baby hygiene items. My friend used to leave her baby's soiled diapers in my car all of the time. She claimed she just didn't notice. I don't understand the mindset, but, hey, I've never been a parent. I imagine it must be quite embarrassing for the mom, though, if Junior suddenly decides to go potty in the dressing room! I think I would try to be understanding, though. Accidents happen...
HUGE difference between leaving a pair of unhung jeans and leaving a soiled diaper.

Old 11-28-2015, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yandex View Post
HUGE difference between leaving a pair of unhung jeans and leaving a soiled diaper.

I agree, but if I owned a boutique and people started making a habit out of leaving unhung items lain over soiled baby diapers, I would require that people start keeping the dressing rooms neater, and, if I were any kind of decent manager, I wouldn't require the employees to be the only ones responsible for keeping the dressing rooms neat, especially if it were typical, for some reason, to find soiled baby items in the dressing rooms. That would mean the child's caregiver perhaps needs a different plan when he or she comes into the dressing room to try on clothes. Perhaps the bathrooms aren't readily accessible, or perhaps there's something about the amount of privacy in the stalls that makes it comfortable, even "acceptable" to change the baby in the stall. Perhaps if the stall doors were shortened, or even removed, it would prevent unhygienic acts such as this from taking place, because the illusion of privacy would be removed? It also might be a good idea to have a store attendant assist, and thereby monitor, every new customer, if possible. That way, the attendant would be with the person from the beginning of the shopping experience to the end and the motivation to leave embarrassing surprises in the dressing room, not to mention the motivation to steal, might be decreased.

I don't know, but I would be a little more self-conscious if, say, instead of a door on the dressing room stalls there was a small thin opaque curtain. I think I would also be more aware if I had a salesperson checking on me every ten to fifteen minutes, in a friendly manner, asking if everything fit well and perhaps giving me advice on trends and colors; you don't have to be an expert personal shopper to give someone your honest opinion, after all. It might even be a nice idea for the salesperson to smile and ask if the child or caregiver needs to use the restroom once in a while. I could be wrong, but I think a little friendliness and courtesy from salespeople would cut down on rude behavior from customers.

Old 11-28-2015, 06:55 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,057,672 times
Have never had a sales person direct me to place clothes back on the hangars; however, I do it anyway instead of leaving them in a pile in the changing room.

Sometimes, not always, I take the items back and place them on the racks I removed them from in the first place.

Silly me....I just thought it was common courtesy.

Old 11-28-2015, 02:20 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
I don't want to have to be told like a 3rd grader to clean up my room or something.
Apparently you still need to be reminded.

"That's what you get paid to do." Ugh. This is just the worst attitude.

My mom taught me to pick up after myself, push my chair in when I get up from a table, throw my trash in a trash can and not do stuff to make anyone else's life HARDER.

Another reason everyone should be required to work retail AND food service at least once in their lives. It makes you a better customer.

Old 11-28-2015, 02:32 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,298,381 times
Quote:
I'm talking about when you go to try on a bunch of pants and the dressing room attendant tells you sternly, "make sure you hang the pants back up on the hanger when you bring them back."

I get it- they have to hang up a lot of pants all day long everyday and it's probably good to get some help. However, they are getting paid to do that because I buy the pants. If I don't want to hang up the pants I'm not going to hang up the pants. I don't want to have to be told like a 3rd grader to clean up my room or something. Sometimes I'll hang up the pants but in a really poor way so the attendant has to do her work, anyway.
Mr. Trump, is that you?

Old 11-28-2015, 07:00 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,078,910 times
I've never been told that, but I always hang my clothes back up anyway.

I might get annoyed if they told me that, but I guess it would depend how they told me/what kind of tone it was in. The people working the registers and clothing rooms, etc take orders from people much hire up. Sometimes they are told to enforce new policies and rules, and then they take the heat from the customers. That's always the worst, so I try to be understanding

Old 11-29-2015, 05:35 AM

3,423 posts, read 4,369,915 times
Once Upon A Time, Long Ago and Far Away, changing room staff actually helped... they'd stop and knock after a few minutes and ask if you needed another size, if there was anything else they could do for you, etc. They don't do that anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty