Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 10:48 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,459,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
Perfumes smell a little different depending upon the person wearing it... they interact with an individual's body chemistry.

That being said, I like Dune by Dior (spicy oriental); Opium by Yves Saint Laurent (another oriental); and I'll throw in Chanel Coco Noir, which I love, but it's had a so-so reception since it came out a few years ago. It's another oriental.

When I think of "sexy" scents I think of orientals right away. But amber perfumes are also pretty sensual in an exotic way... I have a bottle of Yves Rocher Ambre Noir that I love.

Basically stay away from florals which are more appropriate for the daytime.
Couldn't agree more with the bolded at least with some scents, there are some that seem to smell the same on most everyone.

The one that I wear, Dior's J'adore, was my favorite, but it has gone through so many reformulations over the years, I'm afraid unless I can find the earlier versions which worked well for me, I may have to forget it forever. No matter where or who I encountered, whenever I wore the fragrance it was always complemented on very favorably. I mean people used to swoon, over it, literally. It's been changed so far from what it used to smell like, it's unrecognizable as far as I'm concern and no one seems to really like it, not even myself, it's newest version is too floral and sweet.

I'm looking for a new fragrance to wear, but, I might just switch to something more natural and leave the perfumes alone in the future.

Last edited by TRosa; 02-09-2016 at 11:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 04:23 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,364,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post

Dune by Dior aaahhhh the 90's. I used to love this one. Do they still make it?
I never see it around in stores, but a quick search online reveals that yes, it's still available.

I don't know if it's ever been reformulated, although by now it probably has been. Sigh. I keep rationing out the old large bottle I still have from around 2000, almost empty.

Old 02-10-2016, 04:24 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
At the moment Paco Rabanne " million " for her

Old 02-10-2016, 04:56 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,784,668 times
I really like Versace's Bright Crystal. When I first heard the name, I thought it might be too strong, but on me, at least, it's a pretty mellow scent. I use it sparingly, though, because I don't like asphyxiating anyone with scent, no matter what I wear.

Old 02-10-2016, 05:31 PM

5,132 posts, read 4,481,664 times
Amouage Gold is extremely sexy.

I just got this recently, and it is awesome.

Old 02-11-2016, 05:23 AM

5 posts, read 5,795 times
I say that Davidoff Cool Water for Women is the sexiest perfume.

Old 02-11-2016, 10:55 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,431,722 times
This best scent is no scent. I don't know about anyone else but I hate smelling other women's perfume when I'm out. I do occasionally get a whiff of men's cologne that I'll think smells nice as long as it's faint.

Old 02-11-2016, 11:18 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,459,815 times
Well, it shouldn't be overpowering, that's for sure, if people smell it from afar, that's not such a good thing, but a subtle hint when you are within close proximity is fine. Most of the compliments aside from those I knew personally, came from people like physicians and other medical personnel during visits to facilities such facilities, but, also from some I would pass by or someone I sat next to, but always positive and questions of what it was I was wearing as it was such a great scent. Not anymore, as I stated in my earlier post, they changed the formula. I'm not fond of the new scent. An no it's not a fake, I doubt Macy's sold a fake. Even the fakes smell more like the original than this one as I've smelled the fakes, they're pretty bad too, but still more comparable.

I do understand some people being turned off from those around them bombarding their nostrils, I've had such encounters where I've had to wrap my face with a scarf and or have a coughing fit, so I do appreciate if we're going to wear fragrance to not put too much on, just one spritz or one dab and rub it around.

Old 02-11-2016, 02:06 PM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
Bright Crystal by Versace

Old 02-11-2016, 02:15 PM

44,348 posts, read 20,047,057 times
It depends on a person's body chemistry and how the fragrance works with it. What smells wonderfully sexy on one person may not smell good on someone else. It also depends on the smeller! Some people may be turned on by musky smells while others may be turned on by citrusy or herbal fragrances.

For the past several years, my favorite to wear has been Cool Water Woman by Davidoff.

Worn fragrances should be subtle; something you wouldn't notice unless you were physically close.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty