Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 02:03 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post
I just looked up the bra you referenced and was wondering if all that detail (seems, lace, stitching) shows through the clothes? In the past when I tried bras like that on and put it over one of my shirts it was all bumpy and not smooth. Thanks!
Honestly, I have rarely found it to be a problem. I wear balconette style bras most often and almost every bra I wear has lace details. I also have a ton of patterned bras! Not all lace is created equal and some is smoother and more discrete than others. But I think most styles I have just have lace at the top and a smooth fabric for most. I like stretch lace at the top of the cup since it accommodates fluctuations.

But, back to my other thread, if it is a super super thin shirt it could be a problem! But i find it is a bit more important to pick color over fabric. Today I have on a shirt that has mixed materials. The front is a little thin, and if I wear a brightly colored bra it is visible. So I stick with dark neutrals for the lighter or thinner clothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2016, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
I did measure a while back. Because I use my self-measurements to buy clothes on Amazon. And aside from 1 oddly-made dress, the clothes always fit perfectly. When I measured, my bust was a 35.

But I will copy and save your post on bra recommendations. Then I can keep it in mind when I got to get new bras, and hopefully I will enter into the land of Lasting, Good-fitted Bras. lol
What is your undercuts measurement. Your bra size is determined by both. The link I posted earlier describes it. If your total bust is 35 and you are busty, your band is way too big!

Old 11-17-2016, 04:33 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,192,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
What is your undercuts measurement. Your bra size is determined by both. The link I posted earlier describes it. If your total bust is 35 and you are busty, your band is way too big!
I'll have to look into it. I saved the link you gave in my bookmarks. So I will probably try measuring later tonight and see. It is about time I got the bra issue worked out. Once I know, then you can probably give me more solid info.

So in addition the finding the right size, the type of bra is important as well. It's like shoes. They're made different, and some -while fitting, won't be comfortable or offer your feet any support.

Reduction is still on my mind. But until then I need the correct bra. Because I don't have money for any cosmetic surgery at this time.

Old 11-17-2016, 04:42 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,976,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
I can't remember how many years I had to use a safety pin between those two buttons. Argh!
I, too, considered a reduction but now I feel too old (59) to bother. I don't want to go through the pain of recovery; I take a long time to recover from stuff.

My former mother-in-law had a breast reduction at the age of 73. She recovered very well and though she died about 5 years later, said that those 5 years were the best of her life. But, I am 66 and I know what you mean - I don't think I will ever do it now but darn I have wanted to most of my life.

This isn't my thread but I wanted to say I appreciate those of you who commented about my post earlier - I have had proper fittings too .. and I don't 'always' wear minimizers but they are a blessing and when I can find one I like I will wear it and in some 20 years I don't think that has 'hurt' me at all. My bras actually do 'stay up' without the straps for the most part but I am not about to go strapless - so I buy 'insurance'. Hate to say it but these are not lightweight .. a flimsy strap would not be good enough 'insurance'.

Old 11-17-2016, 04:52 PM

2,234 posts, read 2,405,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
I don't think I would consider a D cup huge. Maybe on someone who is short/small they would look big but on many people it does not.

What? 34 bust and automatically chunky? On what planet?
Unless you're fat, a D cup is going to look pretty damn big.

Old 11-17-2016, 05:04 PM

6,191 posts, read 7,358,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
Unless you're fat, a D cup is going to look pretty damn big.

Nope. I have never even been overweight but I am tall and do not have a small frame. When I wore a D cup, my boobs NEVER looked "pretty damn big." I remember many years ago I was with my friend and I showed him a 36D bra because in his mind he was expecting the cup sizes to be enormous and he was surprised that they weren't.

Old 11-17-2016, 05:41 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
Nope. I have never even been overweight but I am tall and do not have a small frame. When I wore a D cup, my boobs NEVER looked "pretty damn big." I remember many years ago I was with my friend and I showed him a 36D bra because in his mind he was expecting the cup sizes to be enormous and he was surprised that they weren't.
See I'm a 36D (far as I know...gonna get measured at a different place this time) and I don't consider mine 'huge'. I mean they aren't tiny, no. But..maybe its because I'm around a number of chicks who have had boob implants. Nothing compares to those

Old 11-17-2016, 06:12 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,192,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
See I'm a 36D (far as I know...gonna get measured at a different place this time) and I don't consider mine 'huge'. I mean they aren't tiny, no. But..maybe its because I'm around a number of chicks who have had boob implants. Nothing compares to those
Same for me. My breasts are at least a D. And they don't look huge.

Maybe the perceptive of a D has been messed-up because some women, many people perhaps don't know that sizes past D exist, and think that's the max bra size. So we see very large-chested women saying they're a D, when they are actually a lot bustier.

Women wearing the wrong sizes, ignorantly, has been an issue since bras were created.

Old 11-17-2016, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
My former mother-in-law had a breast reduction at the age of 73. She recovered very well and though she died about 5 years later, said that those 5 years were the best of her life. But, I am 66 and I know what you mean - I don't think I will ever do it now but darn I have wanted to most of my life.

This isn't my thread but I wanted to say I appreciate those of you who commented about my post earlier - I have had proper fittings too .. and I don't 'always' wear minimizers but they are a blessing and when I can find one I like I will wear it and in some 20 years I don't think that has 'hurt' me at all. My bras actually do 'stay up' without the straps for the most part but I am not about to go strapless - so I buy 'insurance'. Hate to say it but these are not lightweight .. a flimsy strap would not be good enough 'insurance'.
I have found a few strapless bras that work. And I typically wear a 34H. It is not impossible!

Old 11-17-2016, 08:09 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,176,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
Believe me, natural is always better - especially when it comes to breasts!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty