Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2016, 10:22 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,397,616 times

Advertisements

Has anyone else ever had a pair of shoes that they wore regularly for a year or so and suddenly they start feeling too tight and/or uncomfortable? I'm not sure why, but I have a pair of Timberlands that I have worn quite regularly for some time, and suddenly they feel like they are too small! I hate to get rid of them because they still are in decent shape, but I can't figure it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2016, 10:45 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,864,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimdc58 View Post
Has anyone else ever had a pair of shoes that they wore regularly for a year or so and suddenly they start feeling too tight and/or uncomfortable? I'm not sure why, but I have a pair of Timberlands that I have worn quite regularly for some time, and suddenly they feel like they are too small! I hate to get rid of them because they still are in decent shape, but I can't figure it out.
The first question I had for you is have you gained weight lately or is your blood pressure higher than it used to be?

It is pretty common for feet to get wider as you age. And some people find their feet change sizes with weight changes. I also find on days when I have had lots of salt my feet swell some and it takes a day or so to get back to normal.

Old 12-30-2016, 11:08 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,563 posts, read 81,131,933 times
Depending on what they are made of, they can shrink when they get wet and then dry. I have been the same size since age 16 (that's 48 years) and only experienced that once, when I ran some sneakers through the washer and then let them dry. The fabric shrunk.

Old 12-30-2016, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
The first question I had for you is have you gained weight lately or is your blood pressure higher than it used to be?

It is pretty common for feet to get wider as you age. And some people find their feet change sizes with weight changes. I also find on days when I have had lots of salt my feet swell some and it takes a day or so to get back to normal.
No....no health changes. If it were that, I wouldn't be questioning it!

Old 12-30-2016, 11:39 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,527,280 times
Are you wearing heavier/thicker socks?

Old 12-30-2016, 01:56 PM

16,418 posts, read 12,499,246 times
Quote:
No....no health changes.
That you're aware of, anyway.

Old 12-30-2016, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
That you're aware of, anyway.
So you're a doctor??? Sheesh.

Just had a physical......I'm doing fine.

Don't you have better things to do than post inane responses on forums?

Old 12-30-2016, 05:57 PM

16,418 posts, read 12,499,246 times
Quote:

No need to get defensive. I wasn't attacking you. Small, sometimes barely noticeable changes in our bodies can often signal issues that we are unaware of. I wasn't suggesting that there's something wrong with you, just that it's not outside the realm of possibility that there is a change in your health that you aren't yet aware of. And no, physicals don't catch everything.

Old 12-31-2016, 01:39 PM

18,526 posts, read 18,741,834 times
Quote:

what a terrible attitude you have, I was about to answer you but wont bother now, the lady was trying to help you... happy new year.

Old 12-31-2016, 02:16 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,147,759 times
In my old age I have gotten the problem you have. If I have worn comfy shoes with a slight pinch in the toes, I find that after a couple of years I can't bear to have them on my feet.

I theorize that my foot slips forward in the shoe as it becomes more and more broken in. So the foot gets jammed forward into the toe area, and the shoe becomes uncomfortable. My solution is to buy wider toed shoes and to use the best orthotic for the shoe to prevent foot displacement.

I don't know if my theory is correct. But I can commiserate about losing the use of a heretofore comfy shoe. I hate it too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty