Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 11:06 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,931,974 times

Advertisements

Only when picking up the newspaper from my front yard.

Oh, yes, there was one other time, when the fire alarm went off in the hotel at 3:00 a.m. But I was in the height of style that time - or at least, in the company of many others similarly clad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2017, 11:08 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,803,406 times
My husband did last night. He's an engineer, a hard-working, traditional sort of person. But he went through cancer surgery and had a number of complications. He nearly died last week when he went into septic shock. He's dropped down to 150 pounds from his usual 190. The doctor told him to eat, eat, eat. He's currently rehabilitating in a nursing home at age 57. The food there is horrible, so he asked to be taken to a casual restaurant last night. I obliged, of course. He didn't have the strength or energy to change into street clothes. And it didn't bother me one bit. I was just happy that he had an appetite again and was sitting across from me, alive and kicking.

I used to judge when I saw people out in public wearing clothing that seemed "inappropriate." But now I realize it's none of my business and there might be extenuating circumstances involved.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:13 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,931,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
My husband did last night. He's an engineer, a hard-working, traditional sort of person. But he went through cancer surgery and had a number of complications. He nearly died last week when he went into septic shock. He's dropped down to 150 pounds from his usual 190. The doctor told him to eat, eat, eat. He's currently rehabilitating in a nursing home at age 57. The food there is horrible, so he asked to be taken to a casual restaurant last night. I obliged, of course. He didn't have the strength or energy to change into street clothes. And it didn't bother me one bit. I was just happy that he had an appetite again and was sitting across from me, alive and kicking.

I used to judge when I saw people out in public wearing clothing that seemed "inappropriate." But now I realize it's none of my business and there might be extenuating circumstances involved.
Wow, what a close call! So glad your husband is doing better.

And yes, it's good to be reminded about extenuating circumstances. Hope your husband heals quickly and continues to eat well. Thanks for letting us know.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:20 AM

902 posts, read 866,584 times
I sleep in the buff but I have been out in public many times naked. Does that count?

Old 01-22-2017, 11:26 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,803,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Wow, what a close call! So glad your husband is doing better.

And yes, it's good to be reminded about extenuating circumstances. Hope your husband heals quickly and continues to eat well. Thanks for letting us know.
Thank you so much. And I didn't mean for my post to sound preachy although I am pretty sure it did. I'm exhausted and have lost my ability to communicate in my "normal" way!

Old 01-22-2017, 11:33 AM

10,225 posts, read 7,617,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo1 View Post
I have once played outside with my friends in the park wearing my pyjama bottoms

Never to the shops though.
OMG NO! But I have walked to the curb to pick something up, or gone out to check the sprinklers in the yard in the morning in my robe. I remember once a man passing by who glanced at me in my short robe checking the sprinklers one early morning. Then I saw him come by again! He had gone around the block to take a second look! LOL. Kinda creepy, but I was also kinda flattered, 'cause I was no spring chicken. It was nice to know that my legs still had some attraction for the opposite sex.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:38 AM

9,446 posts, read 6,599,846 times
I step on the porch to get the mail in pj's sometimes. NEVER ANYTHING FURTHER!!!

Old 01-22-2017, 11:41 AM

26,662 posts, read 28,773,173 times
No. I saw a man in the grocery store a few weeks ago wearing a T shirt and rumpled pajama bottoms though. He was buying beer and junk food and looked like a slob. It's a style for some twenty somethings though, I have heard.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:52 AM

710 posts, read 581,100 times
Yes, I pulled into the Baskin Robbins for ice cream years ago.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:55 AM

465 posts, read 419,629 times
Yes they have been in the public wearing pajamas because this is the generation of lazy and pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty