Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2017, 10:51 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,170,885 times

Advertisements

I walk out to the mailbox or the garbage can in my PJ's. But we rarely see anybody out and about in our neighborhood. In the stores, I see all sorts of things, very very short shorts that hardly cover nether regions and I'd rather see PJ's!

I don't get the smelly comments. I shower before I go to bed. My sheets are clean. So my PJ's are clean too.

I go out of the house in nightgowns too, but they're more like dress-length tshirts, and I put a cotton housecoat over that. And I don't go further than mailbox or garbage can.

Was thinking the other day that I'd been out in my cotton sweat pants, which are light-weight and very comfortable and never wrinkle. But they have a draw string and I was wondering if they were actually pj bottoms instead of pants, so I looked at the rack in same store where I got them. Nope, there was another pair in different color, same style, not PJ's so I got another pair!

I think they offer better coverage than leggings people wear (skin tight) or some of the workout clothes I see all the time. Neat and clean, all that matters to me I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2017, 01:14 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,887,429 times
No, I don't think so. I believe the experience is much more common in women.
Spoiler
A month ago I did see a man walking his dog in pajamas at night in front of the grocery store where I was shopping.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:12 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,893,310 times
Only on Halloween when I used them as a costume.

Old 02-01-2017, 09:53 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,194,363 times
Only time I recall was pajama day at school when I was 11.

Otherwise no. I don't really wear full pj's now. Just bottoms, because the material is very warm. But I wouldn't wear them in public -even just in the front yard because they have Mickey Mouse on them. lol

Old 02-02-2017, 03:06 PM

2,218 posts, read 2,942,014 times
I will wear them going to the mailbox and letting the dogs out in the yard. I will also wear them if I am getting food at a drive thru. But that is the extent of my parading around publicly in my PJ's. And when I do it is always just the flannel bottoms with a tank top (basically just like sweats) except mine do have cats, reindeer, stripes, hearts, leopard print etc on them

Old 02-04-2017, 04:49 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,821,329 times
Sure, I go outside in athletic shorts and a t-shirt. Sometimes even the ones that are currently 'in rotation' as my pajamas. Maybe it's early morning (in the warm months, of course) and I just need to run out and do something before I've showered. So I throw on some footwear and maybe a hat and out I go.

See, this whole thread revolves around the idea that a pair of pants is unacceptable public attire because it's called 'pajamas'. But when I'm picking up a gallon of milk at the convenience store at 8 am in my black shorts and a gray shirt, you have no idea that I am wearing 'pajamas' - if I am. Similarly, just because another pair of pants are marketed as 'pajamas' does not mean that someone who owns those pants utilizes them as nightwear.

It baffles me that people actually care about this...

Old 02-04-2017, 08:54 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,596,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo1 View Post
I have once played outside with my friends in the park wearing my pyjama bottoms

Never to the shops though.
Go to the Walmart, if you want to see customers in their pajamas.

Old 02-04-2017, 09:01 PM

14,327 posts, read 11,719,111 times
I will go out and pick up the paper from my (short) driveway in sleepwear. Other than that, no, never. And I don't wear anything to bed that resembles what I wear during the day. To begin with, I am female. I don't wear a bra to bed. And I would not go out in public without a bra, so I have to change clothes before going out.

Old 02-05-2017, 10:44 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,887,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Only time I recall was pajama day at school when I was 11.

Otherwise no. I don't really wear full pj's now. Just bottoms, because the material is very warm. But I wouldn't wear them in public -even just in the front yard because they have Mickey Mouse on them. lol
I cannot edit my days-old post, but now I remember there was a sleepover night in school. Private school. I think we slept in the gym and definitely didn't go outdoors in pajamas.
Spoiler
It was in the spring and some of the evening was spent watching NFL Films, possibly including some Super Bowl footage. It was boys and girls sleeping over, and I don't recall football being played on the grounds.

Also, it's possible I went outdoors at night in summer camp in pajamas. That's also not my idea of public, though.

To be honest, I haven't worn pajamas as an adult, and I think PJs in public as an adult is what the thread was asking.

Last edited by goodheathen; 02-05-2017 at 10:56 AM..

Old 02-05-2017, 02:05 PM

219 posts, read 163,096 times
Once when I was in high school, a group of us went (to Walmart) at like 11pm. I never had before and never have after that night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty