Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 07:59 PM

47 posts, read 315,069 times

Advertisements

Mod cut: Copyrighted material.

I swear, I can go to Walmart, the mall, a convenience store and at least 90% of guys have a beard. Most of them are patchy, don't have the right density and coverage and it simply does not suit them, it looks terrible. Yet, in their minds, they are convinced or better put, deluded that they look more handsome, more alpha, macho, masculine, etc. lmao

Notice how the "bearded" men, are the first ones to make fun of guys who shave, and call them, girls or boys, or even worse, make fun of guys who cannot grow beards. It comes from insecurity, low self esteem and feelings of inadequacy. This bearded fella doesn't realize the fact that he makes fun of clean shaven men, proves that he is insecure, which is not a manly quality.

A modern guy between 18 and 30 years old? You can bet he has some facial hair going. Almost, as if is a given. They grow their beards to prove their manliness, but it is actually having the opposite effect now.

This happens when everyone follows the same trend, it loses its appeal, it becomes a negative thing. Imagine if achieving a muscular ripped body was as easy as taking a pill, every schmook down the street would look like a fitness model, and it would completely lose the appeal it has on society, women, media, etc.

Many men say that they look better with a beard. If you look better with a beard, then I'm sorry, but it means you are ugly. The beard is covering imperfections in your face, such as double chin, recessive chin, weak jaw, scars, acne spots, fat cheeks, etc. You're basically saying "I look better with a third of my face covered"

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-31-2017 at 08:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2017, 08:14 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,471,169 times
I really dislike the long beard I see young men wearing. But, I do love this...:
http://www.popsugar.com/celebrity/Ja...photo-42615115

Old 01-28-2017, 08:21 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mideto View Post
It seems every douchebag is growing a beard just to grow a beard, as if the act of having facial hair defines what it means to be a man. Growing a beard does not in any way automatically grant you some magical gift of manly toughness. And just because a man is clean shaven doesn’t mean he’s any less of a man.

I swear, I can go to Walmart, the mall, a convenience store and at least 90% of guys have a beard. Most of them are patchy, don't have the right density and coverage and it simply does not suit them, it looks terrible. Yet, in their minds, they are convinced or better put, deluded that they look more handsome, more alpha, macho, masculine, etc. lmao

Notice how the "bearded" men, are the first ones to make fun of guys who shave, and call them, girls or boys, or even worse, make fun of guys who cannot grow beards. It comes from insecurity, low self esteem and feelings of inadequacy. This bearded fella doesn't realize the fact that he makes fun of clean shaven men, proves that he is insecure, which is not a manly quality.

A modern guy between 18 and 30 years old? You can bet he has some facial hair going. Almost, as if is a given. They grow their beards to prove their manliness, but it is actually having the opposite effect now.

This happens when everyone follows the same trend, it loses its appeal, it becomes a negative thing. Imagine if achieving a muscular ripped body was as easy as taking a pill, every schmook down the street would look like a fitness model, and it would completely lose the appeal it has on society, women, media, etc.

Many men say that they look better with a beard. If you look better with a beard, then I'm sorry, but it means you are ugly. The beard is covering imperfections in your face, such as double chin, recessive chin, weak jaw, scars, acne spots, fat cheeks, etc. You're basically saying "I look better with a third of my face covered"
Okay, that is all your opinion which usually matters to only you.
How about you tend to your whiskers and stay out of someone else's whiskers?

Old 01-28-2017, 08:31 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,947,316 times
I actually have "beard envy" when I see a good looking beard because mine comes in grey now, which I think looks old. I think a dark and closely trimmed beard looks good on some guys and I wish I could have one like that.

I don't get the beard hate. What a dude does with his facial hair is his own business and has no bearing on me.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:49 PM

To each his own.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:52 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,256,251 times
I like well-trimmed beards, scruff and goatees on men.

Old 01-28-2017, 09:02 PM

1,295 posts, read 1,183,354 times
As long as it's not a big ol' hipster/lumberjack beard I don't mind. I don't get why so many young, otherwise attractive guys want to look like they're a member of ZZ Top, lol.

Old 01-28-2017, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfab1 View Post
As long as it's not a big ol' hipster/lumberjack beard I don't mind. I don't get why so many young, otherwise attractive guys want to look like they're a member of ZZ Top, lol.
My opinion also, although I have always loved ZZ Top's beards. They are unique to them, or were. I once heard in an interview of the duo that the two took a hiatus and when they got back together for their next recording session, they both had the long beard, had not consulted each other!

Old 01-28-2017, 09:15 PM

1,295 posts, read 1,183,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
My opinion also, although I have always loved ZZ Top's beards. They are unique to them, or were. I once heard in an interview of the duo that the two took a hiatus and when they got back together for their next recording session, they both had the long beard, had not consulted each other!
Hm, I never heard that about their beards. That's interesting, I always thought they both grew them long on purpose for a signature look. And yeah, those guys wear them well, although they never struck me as being attractive men- and I can't remember them ever looking young!

Old 01-28-2017, 10:31 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,169,560 times
Ah, it was all promoted by Duck Dynasty!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty