Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 11:44 AM

73 posts, read 102,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Just for the record, I'm a female, and I think earrings on men look wrong. Imbellishing oneself seems feminine to me.

Thirty years ago, my friend's son went to Scotland for a semester, while he was in college. When he got off the plane, he had an earring. She was stewing, and stewing about it, and finally got the courage to ask him, "Jeff, does this mean you're gay now?" She was really worried it was his way of telling her. He wasn't, though.
Glad the rest of us have grown up in 30 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2017, 11:46 AM

8,166 posts, read 8,531,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnosonBlain View Post
<>I am asking this question because I've seen many men wear earnings, and some of whom wear it on one side.
<>I would like to hear your comments, please.
Because . . . PIRATES!

Old 08-29-2017, 01:55 PM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,337,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnosonBlain View Post
FYI, I am a student At Berkeley Haas.

The comments are very rude, sarcastic, and disappointing.

I am stepping back....

Have a good weekend all.....
Your thread is disappointing and rude.

Old 08-29-2017, 02:54 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Just for the record, I'm a female, and I think earrings on men look wrong. Imbellishing oneself seems feminine to me.
Au contraire, madame. It accentuates their masculinity.

Old 08-29-2017, 02:58 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,116,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
lol Some guys are afraid to do anything these days, for fear of being mistaken for gay. Gotta wear huge baggy swimwear, surfer boardshorts, even, because anything too short, or a speedo, heaven forbid, means you're gay. Gotta research the "language" of earring placement, so you won't inadvertently be sending the wrong signal. Don't be too fashionably dressed; gotta wear sloppy lumberjack shirts, or you might attract the wrong kind of attention from the wrong people.

It's hazardous being a guy, these days.
Seeing that most professional athletes wear at least two earrings, doubtful earrings are a gay precursor.

As for the swimsuits, all I see on South Americans and Europeans are speedos. Doubtful they are all gay.

Old 08-29-2017, 03:01 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,583,005 times
It means they are way cooler than OP

Old 08-30-2017, 02:18 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,517,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
It means they are way cooler than OP
I forgot that Rob Lowe once dressed like Nick from Family Ties.

When I was a kid in the 80's, I remember hearing that an earring on the right or left (I dont remember which), meant a man was gay. I don't think it was ever true, and it does seem odd hearing this forgotten stereotype all these years later when it seems (all) men are more comfortable wearing jewelry than ever.

Old 08-30-2017, 02:35 AM

10,908 posts, read 7,406,054 times
I thought an earring in the left ear meant you were married; in the right ear, single, and in both ears, cheating on your spouse.

After you've been at UCB for a while, you'll get used to all kinds of things you never saw before. Men with earrings. Men in skirts. Women with shaved heads. But by the end of the Fall semester, they'll all be wearing tee shirts and jeans, an overwhelming sea of conformity.

Sadly, Naked Guy and topless women have been outlawed.

Old 08-30-2017, 06:16 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,522,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
I forgot that Rob Lowe once dressed like Nick from Family Ties.
I think Nick from Family Ties dressed like Rob Lowe.

Old 08-30-2017, 07:37 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,566,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Actually, I think the question was about men wearing EARNINGS.

Back when I was single, I kept trying to figure out a way to wear my EARNINGS, as I figured it would help to attract women. But I was never able to find the clothing that would adequately express my EARNINGS.

Men do it all the time - often by buying a flashy car, an expensive watch and a tailored suit. They love to wear their earnings to attract the opposite sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
View detailed profiles of: