Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 11:24 AM

6 posts, read 5,474 times

Advertisements

Well, many people told me that men who wear earnings are sending a public message that they are gay and proud of who they are.

OK, but what does it mean if you are wearing two earrings, or just on one side (right, left).

I am asking this question because I've seen many men wear earnings, and some of whom wear it on one side.

On the other hand, many told me that wearing earrings do not have to do anything with sexuality.

I would like to hear your comments, please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2017, 12:25 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Men have been wearing a single earring since IDK when....around the 80's sometime? I think it first started as a thing with the hippies, and later caught on? So yeah, for many, it's just a fashion statement. I haven't seen the 2-earring look, so I can't help you, there.

Old 08-25-2017, 12:29 PM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,335,726 times
I think it means they like wearing ear rings. But what do I know.

Old 08-25-2017, 01:19 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
I think it means they like wearing ear rings. But what do I know.
lol Some guys are afraid to do anything these days, for fear of being mistaken for gay. Gotta wear huge baggy swimwear, surfer boardshorts, even, because anything too short, or a speedo, heaven forbid, means you're gay. Gotta research the "language" of earring placement, so you won't inadvertently be sending the wrong signal. Don't be too fashionably dressed; gotta wear sloppy lumberjack shirts, or you might attract the wrong kind of attention from the wrong people.

It's hazardous being a guy, these days.

Old 08-25-2017, 01:22 PM

2,406 posts, read 6,041,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnosonBlain View Post
Well, many people told me that men who wear earnings are sending a public message that they are gay and proud of who they are.

OK, but what does it mean if you are wearing two earrings, or just on one side (right, left).

I am asking this question because I've seen many men wear earnings, and some of whom wear it on one side.

On the other hand, many told me that wearing earrings do not have to do anything with sexuality.

I would like to hear your comments, please.

Did we just time warp back into the 80s or 90s?

In this day and age, left/right/both sides earrings mean absolutely nothing when it comes to sexual preference. Does it even matter?

I can only imagine what goes through your head when you see guys with "man buns"!

I also wasn't aware that this was something that's specific to Berkeley.

Old 08-25-2017, 02:13 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,100,343 times
All I know is big gauge earrings = extra gay. In the derogatory early-2000's sense.

Old 08-25-2017, 02:26 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,548,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnghu2 View Post
Did we just time warp back into the 80s or 90s?

In this day and age, left/right/both sides earrings mean absolutely nothing when it comes to sexual preference. Does it even matter?

I can only imagine what goes through your head when you see guys with "man buns"!

I also wasn't aware that this was something that's specific to Berkeley.
This^

Old 08-25-2017, 08:31 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,187,608 times
Have you been in a coma since 1988 and just woke up? Or, is this a joke?

Maybe you are from small village in North Dakota where time has stood still for 100 years and just moved to Berkeley? I'm just confused but it could be b/c I am not aware of small town America??? Is this what small town America or middle America is like??? No, can't be. Everyone has a TV nowadays, yes. I'm overthinking this...

Old 08-25-2017, 09:02 PM

6 posts, read 5,474 times
Well.... Just get straight to the point guys.......

Oakformonday.... I am not American........

Old 08-25-2017, 09:02 PM

4,369 posts, read 3,725,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Have you been in a coma since 1988 and just woke up? Or, is this a joke?

Maybe you are from small village in North Dakota where time has stood still for 100 years and just moved to Berkeley? I'm just confused but it could be b/c I am not aware of small town America??? Is this what small town America or middle America is like??? No, can't be. Everyone has a TV nowadays, yes. I'm overthinking this...
Maybe he's been living in the Bay Area where 3k a month rent forces him to work so much he can't keep track of news and culture because he didn't happen to have been born 50 years+ ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
View detailed profiles of: