Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2018, 08:05 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,011,392 times

Advertisements

Not a fan of Rolex but the one in your picture looks nice.

I do love Cartier Tank watches and have several, so if I ever give a woman a watch as a gift, she will be getting the same. Stylish, classic, timeless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinE View Post
Do you ladies ever fancy yourselves owning one or are there another brands that suit your fancy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2018, 06:49 AM

827 posts, read 660,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74 View Post
I'm not a big Rolex fan, no. I have a few nicer watches (Bedat and Baume et Mercier) and I don't find myself wearing them. I have become a big fan of my Apple watch and buying interchangeable bands.

If I had a "dream" watch it would be a Patek Philippe Gondolo collection. https://www.patek.com/en/collection/gondolo

I love this one
https://www.patek.com/en/collection/gondolo/7099G-001
and this
https://www.patek.com/en/collection/gondolo/4972G-001
or this
https://www.patek.com/en/collection/gondolo/4972-1G-001
The Petak cost more than a Rolex.

I think the Patek is a bit on the ugly side, But as they say Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Last edited by Mike Town; 12-17-2018 at 07:05 AM..

Old 12-17-2018, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Not necessarily. They use essentially the same kind of waterproofing seals/gaskets that other watches use. And they need to be replaced periodically. Watches need to be serviced periodically, and I'm sure that one Rolex routine maintenance job in itself probably costs more than I would ever spend on a watch.
It started me wondering if it's a fake when it said the Rolex was bought pre owned and it leaks. I was told my Rolex should be serviced every ten years, What is done at that ten year service I don't know.

Old 12-17-2018, 06:55 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Town View Post
Get the Submariner not flashy at all but very buteaful, That's the one I have.
I like the men's designs better, but my lady wrist is too skinny to pull it off.
I have a Rolex. Like it fine.
I don't really do jewelry, but I love watches.
Like my Tags better and have my eye on an Omega.

Old 12-17-2018, 07:51 AM

29,491 posts, read 14,656,154 times
The wife and I enjoy watches but can't afford those at the Rolex/Panerai level. She has an Omega that she loves, I have one as well. I think she has one other no name watch and I have around 5 micro brands but that is about it.

Old 12-17-2018, 09:56 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
I haven't worn a watch in years, and have never been interested in expensive, fine, watches.

Old 12-18-2018, 12:06 AM

5,589 posts, read 8,406,915 times
When I was working, all the top sales guys had status-symbol watches, cars, and even pens. Rolexes, to me, are almost indistinguishable on someone's wrist from other lower-end, inexpensive watches. Same with Tags. The one that I (as a woman) have always favored is the Movado. That Museum Dial is classic. I don't see anyone copying it, so I guess it's patented? I know it's not in the Rolex stratosphere but they are good watches with a classic style that does not go out of fashion. I bought one with a black face surrounded by diamonds and it still looks as modern today as it did 20 years ago.

Had an ex who tried to say his Rolex was real and he had gotten it in St. Thomas. One day his friend said to him, "Remember when we were in St. Thomas looking for those fake Rolexes?". Ha ha, busted....though he still never admitted it. One day while he was out, I tried shaking it to see if it had the signature minute hand but I was too afraid to get caught, so I never did find out for sure.

Old 12-18-2018, 05:44 PM

I love my Rolex! ⏰

Old 12-18-2018, 06:01 PM

24,572 posts, read 10,884,023 times
Quote:
It started me wondering if it's a fake when it said the Rolex was bought pre owned and it leaks. I was told my Rolex should be serviced every ten years, What is done at that ten year service I don't know.
I found out that the first one I got for SO and replaced when we found a refurbished note under the cushions in the box about a year later was a 62 Daytona" Licensed dealer considered it a fake last year. Rolex went out of their way to clean it. He used to go through watches but Rolex lasts. They have been through hell and back and get serviced every couple of years. When he wants a new one so be it.
I have not owned a watch since I lost the one I got for my 18th birthday ice skating that day.
10 year is a complete service of moving parts.

Old 12-18-2018, 06:06 PM

4,717 posts, read 3,270,060 times
Quote:
I've had it back to Rolex US Repair HQ several times for overhaul/repair and they've never told me it was a fake, so I'm guessing it isn't. Typically they won't service a fake. I paid the going rate for it and bought it from a large, reputable pawn shop (Dick's Pawn Shop in N. Myrtle Beach, SC).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty