Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 08:22 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,721,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodburyWoody View Post
The sooner you stop caring what others think of you (and more importantly, what you *think* others think of you), the better off you will be. Happier, too.

Be who you are, not what you think others want you to be. Life is too short for that.
Oh I really don't care what others think, but I am tired of the bitching saying "Taking care of your skin" is effeminate...

This dude has a similar scenario
https://youtu.be/6fBc5f_FufI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2018, 09:58 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,544,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Yep, the manufacturers and retailers have realized there is a market and are hoping to appeal to the male ego. I think they realize that a lot of younger men don't have a 'fear' of being judged or labeled for using more or better grooming products. The line of men's products is definitely growing, especially skin care items.
Exactly. For the longest time anything like cremes or what was considered “ wimmin stuff” is no longer the case. Hey I’ll be the first to say I use hand creme. I just couldn’t stand the lavender orange with Mediterranean insense flower balm scented stuff my wife had.
My option for cracked skin calloused hands was Vaseline or udder balm. My hands are still jacked up but at last they dont hurt as bad.
As far as cleaning I just use soap. Be8ng a man doesn’t mean I gotta stink like Sasquatch after a 5 mile morning run hunting a bear.

Old 01-21-2018, 04:25 AM

1,133 posts, read 1,350,567 times
Ever watched the movie 'American Pyscho' ?

This is the opening monologue...extremely creepy, especially knowing how the rest of the film goes, later on: https://youtu.be/-fMegJxDWQM

Old 01-21-2018, 05:40 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
Tell that to the Barsoap Guy at YT lol
Never heard of him and really don't care to watch him.

Quote:
Well a similar scenario could be with a woman obsessing over sports/exercise/being an overly athletic person and getting a feel of masculation/empowerment, but at the same time tries to show off her femininity by still trying to sound kindly, cuddly, soft and still being respectful/submissive to her partner.

That doesn't even make sense. I don't think many strong women, emotionally and physically, are going to be "submissive"

Quote:
Of course gender roles are trying to get changed big time currently, you can't deny that...

Women sports are being increasingly promoted and men are being expected to get more into nursery/medical field...
Men have always been in the nursing field.

You sound very young and sound very judgmental about too many things. Give it time, don't worry about what others think and love yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
But please....lose the skinny jeans.
I hate those on men...well on women also.

Quote:
I mean even when I used my mom's make up removal wipes just to clean a bit of acne off barely felt emasculated, **** I am already seeing guys wear nail polish... I am sure some of you have done the same[use makeup removal wipes to clean off some acne]
Again another misinformed statement. Males have been wearing nail polish for decades. Check into goth people. Also check out some of the bands from the 70's and 80's, lol.

Sorry I haven't used makeup removal wipes and I am 51. I don't like goop on my face so I don't need those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Exactly. For the longest time anything like cremes or what was considered “ wimmin stuff” is no longer the case. Hey I’ll be the first to say I use hand creme. I just couldn’t stand the lavender orange with Mediterranean insense flower balm scented stuff my wife had.
My option for cracked skin calloused hands was Vaseline or udder balm. My hands are still jacked up but at last they dont hurt as bad.
As far as cleaning I just use soap. Be8ng a man doesn’t mean I gotta stink like Sasquatch after a 5 mile morning run hunting a bear.
Have you tried this:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/O-Keeffe-...13=697&veh=sem

Last edited by ylisa7; 01-21-2018 at 06:05 AM..

Old 01-21-2018, 06:01 AM

15,637 posts, read 10,393,078 times
I live in a college town so am exposed to young men often. some of these young men dress just like men did when I was in college: loose jeans, flannel shirts, sneakers. and some dress immaculately: every hair in place, manicure, cologne, coordinated outfits with designer shoes.

to each his own, but if a man is better groomed than me, a female, I assume he is either gay or pretentious.

Old 01-21-2018, 07:57 AM

28,671 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I live in a college town so am exposed to young men often. some of these young men dress just like men did when I was in college: loose jeans, flannel shirts, sneakers. and some dress immaculately: every hair in place, manicure, cologne, coordinated outfits with designer shoes.

to each his own, but if a man is better groomed than me, a female, I assume he is either gay or pretentious.
It seems to me that women want men to be groomed without looking like they've paid extensive attention to it. So a man with well-manicured and even buffed fingernails would be fine--and even appreciated. But polished would be too far.

Old 01-21-2018, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
It seems to me that women want men to be groomed without looking like they've paid extensive attention to it. So a man with well-manicured and even buffed fingernails would be fine--and even appreciated. But polished would be too far.

Nah if my DH started buffing his nails I would take him to the doctor lol. Clipping the jagged edges is more than enough. Being clean is different than primping

Old 01-21-2018, 08:04 AM

28,671 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
Nah if my DH started buffing his nails I would take him to the doctor lol. Clipping the jagged edges is more than enough. Being clean is different than primping
Okay.

But I do recall that buffing nails was par for the course for a well-groomed man even back in the 60s.

Old 01-21-2018, 09:05 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,510,727 times
Quote:
Why are men's products starting to be more promoted than ever though? My BIG question.
Men are starting to care more about personal grooming. YouTube videos, etc.

Old 01-21-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Okay.

But I do recall that buffing nails was par for the course for a well-groomed man even back in the 60s.

Maybe a well groomed businessman
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty