Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 10:47 AM

3,255 posts, read 1,722,162 times

Advertisements

starting to revolutionize itself?[full title]

And what is up with the buzzword ''metrosexual''? So now putting some cologne before starting your day is considered effeminate? What's going on here?

In other words, they are saying that all this men grooming revolution is part of the feminization of men

Yes I know the correct word is ''these'', just a grammar mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2018, 10:49 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
starting to revolutionize itself?[full title]

And what is up with the buzzword ''metrosexual''? So now putting some cologne before starting your day is considered effeminate? What's going on here?

In other words, they are saying that all this men grooming revolution is part of the feminization of men

Yes I know the correct word is ''these'', just a grammar mistake.
People were talking about "metrosexuals" 5+ years ago. The revolution has come and gone. Keep wearing your cologne, sir. Just keep it reasonable, please.

Old 01-19-2018, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
People were talking about "metrosexuals" 5+ years ago. The revolution has come and gone. Keep wearing your cologne, sir. Just keep it reasonable, please.
Why are men's products starting to be more promoted than ever though? My BIG question.

Old 01-19-2018, 11:03 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Why are men's products starting to be more promoted than ever though? My BIG question.
Again, that has been increasing annually for several years now. The internet has expanded the market. More people are aware of the idea of men's grooming, so ... the demand has increased.

Quote:
And no wanting to have great hair is not "effeminate" smh
Who said this to you? It obviously really bothered you.

Old 01-19-2018, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Again, that has been increasing annually for several years now. The internet has expanded the market. More people are aware of the idea of men's grooming, so ... the demand has increased.

Who said this to you? It obviously really bothered you.
Not to me, but people keep implying it. Just shut up already people who say that, maintain your hair is something to be proud of.

I mean as long you don't try out lipstick, nail polish or make up on, I say there is nothing "gay" with being a grooming enthusiast like me

Old 01-19-2018, 11:26 AM

You can be a skin carer and an alpha af dude

Old 01-19-2018, 11:45 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,053,026 times
Quote:

Has there ever been a time in history when men's grooming products were not promoted? There is nothing new about it. I think you are not looking at the big picture.

Old 01-19-2018, 11:48 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,522,693 times
"Metrosexual" hasn't been a buzzword since "Qu eer Eye for the Straight Guy" came out in 2003.

I don't think men's products are more promoted than ever. Perhaps you've just started noticing them.

(Yes, there's a random space in a word above. Can't name the show without angering the C-D filters.)

Old 01-19-2018, 12:07 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,053,026 times
Quote:
Not to me, but people keep implying it. Just shut up already people who say that, maintain your hair is something to be proud of.

I mean as long you don't try out lipstick, nail polish or make up on, I say there is nothing "gay" with being a grooming enthusiast like me

I take exception to the message you're implying in the bolded comment. It makes you sound like a judgemental snob attempting to regulate what is right or wrong for other people.

For many centuries men of all stations and from all walks of life who were particular about their appearance have availed themselves of various types of grooming aids and cosmetics. There was nothing "gay" about it and nobody thought there was. Nobody cared. There is still nothing gay about it. So I think you're making a mistake when you try to qualify what is gay or not gay and equate gayness with whether or not a man uses cosmetics.

If you are particular about your appearance and your grooming habits, just do what you want, be yourself to suit yourself. Don't concern yourself about the thoughts of cultural conservatives and anti-feminists. They are just silly faddish meaningless buzz words that divide other people into boxes anyway. Don't try to put people into boxes.

Old 01-19-2018, 12:11 PM

28,679 posts, read 18,806,457 times
"Take it off...take it all off."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho9XNfy6JBM

"Hai Karate...be careful how you use it."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtwh3nQP5Uo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty