Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 09:25 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,987,069 times

Advertisements

You can wear whatever you like if you don't care how you look or what people think. It's wonderfully freeing!

Old 06-15-2018, 09:50 AM

19,652 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
You can wear whatever you like if you don't care how you look or what people think. It's wonderfully freeing!
Then we get People of Walmart.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:59 AM

296 posts, read 266,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
That fact that someone actually wrote this article means they either have horrible self esteem issues or the have the mentality of a middle school girl. Its your life, your body, do what you want and live your life. Your in your 50's time to stop caring what others think.
THIS!!!

Enough with the older women trying to prove how they are still sexy, still able to wear shorts, still able to attract men. That's fine, but it does not need to be broadcast to everyone. There is a time in life to loose the need for attention.

Old 06-15-2018, 10:21 AM

50,825 posts, read 36,527,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Her appearance has NOTHING to do with you, but you don’t mind using it to make yourself feel better, huh?

I thought this was about “body positivity.” I guess if she were “dedicated to healthy living” but inherited spider veins and cellulite you’d still be proudly posting photos of her backside online.

I'm not sure where you're coming from with this, but he IMO used it to show another example of an older woman who looks good in a bikini, since there seemed to be so much debate about whether the original woman the thread started about actually looked good in hers.

Old 06-15-2018, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I'm not sure where you're coming from with this, but he IMO used it to show another example of an older woman who looks good in a bikini, since there seemed to be so much debate about whether the original woman the thread started about actually looked good in hers.
Not just any woman. Not really playing fair.

Old 06-15-2018, 11:05 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times
Quote:
Thank you. You got it, and that was exactly my point.

Old 06-15-2018, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Her appearance has NOTHING to do with you, but you don’t mind using it to make yourself feel better, huh?

I thought this was about “body positivity.” I guess if she were “dedicated to healthy living” but inherited spider veins and cellulite you’d still be proudly posting photos of her backside online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Not just any woman. Not really playing fair.
I honestly don't get what you mean. Fair in terms of what? You had people stating that, in fact, older women do NOT look good in bikini's, so the poster showed us his gf as proof it's not the case. What's wrong with that?

Old 06-15-2018, 11:31 AM

Quote:
I honestly don't get what you mean. Fair in terms of what? You had people stating that, in fact, older women do NOT look good in bikini's, so the poster showed us his gf as proof it's not the case. What's wrong with that?
It is not proof of anything, it is opinion. All of this is opinion.

Old 06-15-2018, 11:55 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
"Whether a woman looks good in a bikini" has nothing to do with age. It has to do with the condition of the body.

There are a few male posters here who enjoy the titillation of posting in the fashion forum specifically about topics for women, usually involving undergarments or the lack thereof. It's gross.

This one likes to whip out rear-view pix of the hot senior he's dating for a little external validation. It's not the first time he's done it. It's just a weird hobby, and bragging about genetic fortune isn't exactly admirable anyway.

Old 06-15-2018, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
It is not proof of anything, it is opinion. All of this is opinion.

Oh for God's sake. It was the poster's INTENTION to prove it by the photo, is that acceptable? I still don't understand the comments about whether it was "fair" or why it's assumed OP would not be proud of her if she had spider veins or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty