Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 05:18 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,254,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
I lost weight and work out for ME, not for anyone else. I would not wear a bikini, but I enjoy having a defined waist no muffin top, and toned arms in my 60s. Don't care what anyone else thinks but I want to feel good and like what I see in the mirror.
Stop being normal & using common sense!

I am very fit in my 40s (I am a dance teacher) you still won't see me in a bikini on the beach (with my adult sons or family? Blech. Nope.) nor a BF posting my pics online.

I don't have to prove anything or scream "look at me!!!!! I look great for -fill in the blank-!" Or my personal fav- "People tell me I look 30 years younger!!!!" Newsflash- no you don't.

Because in reality- no one cares if you could be mistaken for a fetus when you're 40, 60 or 108.

Old 06-17-2018, 05:25 PM

19,655 posts, read 12,244,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Because in reality- no one cares if you could be mistaken for a fetus when you're 40, 60 or 108.
Hahaha!!!

Old 06-17-2018, 05:33 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,498,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
I lost weight and work out for ME, not for anyone else. I would not wear a bikini, but I enjoy having a defined waist no muffin top, and toned arms in my 60s. Don't care what anyone else thinks but I want to feel good and like what I see in the mirror.
Thank you! Women who thinks we go to the gym for the sake of the men clearly have never been into fitness and working out themself. I guess they want us to wear oversized T shirts and sweats. God forbid you have a nice and in shape body in your 40s and up.

Old 06-17-2018, 05:57 PM

19,432 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I used to tell people that I was older. Every once in a while someone would tell me that I looked really good for my age.
lol I always say I don't understand why people lie about their age and say they are younger than they actually are. It only makes you look worse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusano View Post
It was a tongue-in-cheek post.

I just wanted the guys to get an equal opportunity.
I get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
I used to ignore my ignore list feature, but I’ve found this thread has been a good place to collect a few posters for it who see women as objects or lesser, rather than as human beings. I always look at some of their other posts first to make sure.

No regrets so far.
I always "vet" posters I'm not familiar with before I rep them. Because trolls can occasionally get lucky and post something worthwhile.

Old 06-17-2018, 06:12 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,902,659 times
Lets be honest, speedo grandpa brings the party

I've been on my share of cruises to know.

Old 06-17-2018, 06:16 PM

19,432 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
Lets be honest, speedo grandpa brings the party

I've been on my share of cruises to know.
Oh, thanks. Flashbacks of "Bad Grandpa."

Old 06-17-2018, 09:18 PM

17,541 posts, read 39,160,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Because generally you live longer and better?

This 98 year old looks FANTASTIC. This is what my 61 year old fiance aspires to be like, and she just might make it.

World's oldest yoga instructor from NYC shares the mantras she swears by | Daily Mail Online
And there is the 100 year old belly dancer Catherine Furst. If anyone cares they can google her. I did not even start belly dancing until I was 64, and yes I wore brief costumes and performed a few times. The older I get the more outrageous I like to be. Anyone over 60 has earned the right to wear whatever they damn well please with no apologies. Why not? Life should be enjoyed. No one here has to like what I or anyone else wears. I certainly don't care what anyone here does (or doesn't wear.

And as far as "working out", well I am always going to do some type of exercise, because I feel SO MUCH BETTER being reasonably toned and fit, and that definitely adds to quality of life. I just stick to things I like to do.

Old 06-17-2018, 11:53 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times
It's too dependent on how you look at your body. Some people only wear one pieces or two piece because they are worried about their midriff. Not all women want to bare it for various reasons (fat, scars, baby-bump, etc.) and none are wrong. It is about body image. Some care too much. I can't say they are wrong because I'm not walking around in their shoes but I can understand it. Body acceptance is great but some people are too judging. Some people hate body hair and I'm rather hairy but I deal either by wearing a shirt or saying "**** it". That said I rather wear trunks than a brief style bathing suit.

Old 06-18-2018, 12:10 AM

2 posts, read 3,207 times
I'm a 27 year old male, and I could care less what people wear, because it's not my business, and it doesn't affect anyone else. The woman in the photo looks great for her age.

I actually prefer curvy women. By curvy, I mean women with a slim waist, large bust, and big hips/butt. However, butt are my favorite. There is nothing sexier to me than a big, fat plumper butt. The woman in the link below I posted has an amazing bikini body.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_qmSO7bAlo

Old 06-18-2018, 01:02 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,147,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I commend this woman, I think she looks great in anything she wears especially at that age.

It's all about how you feel, not how others feel, in whatever you wear.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...TTr?li=BBnbcA0
LOL from the thread title, I thought you were talking about yourself at first
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty