Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2018, 12:23 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,252,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danica32 View Post
THIS!!!

Enough with the older women trying to prove how they are still sexy, still able to wear shorts, still able to attract men. That's fine, but it does not need to be broadcast to everyone. There is a time in life to loose the need for attention.
Yep.

Lol someone anonymously repped me to tell me that they know 50+ year olds that look better than women in their 30s and mistake them for being 30. Hahahahaha.

I love that line "everyone tells me I look 20 years younger!" Ya ummm no, no you don't, even if people say so. I don't care if you're fit or not, NO ONE looks 20+ years younger. No. One.

Old 06-15-2018, 12:24 PM

50,820 posts, read 36,514,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
"Whether a woman looks good in a bikini" has nothing to do with age. It has to do with the condition of the body.

There are a few male posters here who enjoy the titillation of posting in the fashion forum specifically about topics for women, usually involving undergarments or the lack thereof. It's gross.

This one likes to whip out rear-view pix of the hot senior he's dating for a little external validation. It's not the first time he's done it. It's just a weird hobby, and bragging about genetic fortune isn't exactly admirable anyway.
So what if he's proud of her and how she looks? I really don't get it, but I admit I have not been to those forums. We hear so much about older men only wanting women 25 years younger then them, relationships forum is full of guys stating as fact that women over 35 are undesirable, and here's a guy saying "Look at my hot 61 year old gf", I think it's pretty awesome actually.

Old 06-15-2018, 12:27 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,597,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
"Whether a woman looks good in a bikini" has nothing to do with age. It has to do with the condition of the body.

There are a few male posters here who enjoy the titillation of posting in the fashion forum specifically about topics for women, usually involving undergarments or the lack thereof. It's gross.

This one likes to whip out rear-view pix of the hot senior he's dating for a little external validation. It's not the first time he's done it. It's just a weird hobby, and bragging about genetic fortune isn't exactly admirable anyway.
I'm truly sorry you feel so threatened. I won't ascribe esteem issues to you, even though you question my motives. My fiance works very hard at maintaining what she has achieved. And it IS an achievement, as before I had met her, she was struggling with weight issues for years in her 30's and 40's, after having 4 children, and she has obviously conquered that. And yes, I am very proud for her in doing so.

BTW, you know that little box on the right side of the page? It populates with thread from different sections. Obviously this one was click baity, and I perused it. No nefarious designs you like to think exist.

Why are some people so very, very judgemental??

Old 06-15-2018, 04:16 PM

17,537 posts, read 39,147,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
I'm truly sorry you feel so threatened. I won't ascribe esteem issues to you, even though you question my motives. My fiance works very hard at maintaining what she has achieved. And it IS an achievement, as before I had met her, she was struggling with weight issues for years in her 30's and 40's, after having 4 children, and she has obviously conquered that. And yes, I am very proud for her in doing so.

BTW, you know that little box on the right side of the page? It populates with thread from different sections. Obviously this one was click baity, and I perused it. No nefarious designs you like to think exist.

Why are some people so very, very judgemental??
Well, sadly, they just are; and my feeling is they are jealous or envious. Bravo to your fiance for her hard work and what she has achieved! I can relate, because I myself have done the same. My husband feels about me like you do about her; he is proud of how I overcame my health issues and menopause and worked very HARD at my diet and working out, and yes, he HONESTLY does believe I look better than many women he works with who are half my age. What anyone else thinks about me I could give a sheeyit. And I don't know if anyone clicked on the link I posted but that 90 year old woman in the two-piece looks DAMN GOOD and bravo to her! I hope that's me when I am that age!!!!

Old 06-15-2018, 04:21 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,376,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusano View Post
Guys of all ages look good in speedos.
I think this is a joke. Guys with beer bellies do NOT Look good in speedos. I’ve seen plenty of them on the beach and it’s scary!

Old 06-15-2018, 04:46 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,597,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Well, sadly, they just are; and my feeling is they are jealous or envious. Bravo to your fiance for her hard work and what she has achieved! I can relate, because I myself have done the same. My husband feels about me like you do about her; he is proud of how I overcame my health issues and menopause and worked very HARD at my diet and working out, and yes, he HONESTLY does believe I look better than many women he works with who are half my age. What anyone else thinks about me I could give a sheeyit. And I don't know if anyone clicked on the link I posted but that 90 year old woman in the two-piece looks DAMN GOOD and bravo to her! I hope that's me when I am that age!!!!
Yes, I saw that 90 year old woman. I was at a 90 year old's (male) birthday last summer, and one of the guests was 95. She had just come back from a trip to Nepal and India, with... her 67 year old boyfriend. And no, he doesn't stand a chance at being a gold digger, as he has to pay his own way on the 4-6 foreign trips she takes every year. Sometimes she goes on her own. Sharp as a whip she was, and I suspect will gladly hike up hills when she is 100. An amazing woman.

Old 06-15-2018, 04:49 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,642,353 times
Meow...it sounds like jealousy from some posters. normstad's fiancee looks good and why shouldn't he do a little bragging? She looks healthy and he says she eats right and exercises. He sounds proud that she takes pride in her appearance. I don't see anything at all wrong with that. To me it says that women of any age can look good in a bikini if they are fit and toned, and wasn't that the initial point of the OP's post and attached article? Why the negativity?

Old 06-15-2018, 05:09 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,027,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
To me it says that women of any age can look good in a bikini if they are fit and toned, and wasn't that the initial point of the OP's post and attached article?
The point of the article posted was that women of any age can wear a bikini. There was not a "but only if..." clause in the article. People chose to ignore the point of the article, or didn't read it, and instead decided to critique the author's body.

Old 06-15-2018, 05:13 PM

32,944 posts, read 36,378,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Yep.

Lol someone anonymously repped me to tell me that they know 50+ year olds that look better than women in their 30s and mistake them for being 30. Hahahahaha.

I love that line "everyone tells me I look 20 years younger!" Ya ummm no, no you don't, even if people say so. I don't care if you're fit or not, NO ONE looks 20+ years younger. No. One.
I used to tell people that I was older. Every once in a while someone would tell me that I looked really good for my age.

Old 06-15-2018, 05:27 PM

1,532 posts, read 1,062,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis View Post
Not true. They might think they do but ....
It was a tongue-in-cheek post.

I just wanted the guys to get an equal opportunity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty