Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2020, 04:25 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,791,000 times

Advertisements

Agree! I've never had a manicure or pedicure (and I have long nails that I have to keep cutting down to a 1/3" or or) - people w/fake nails, etc. I've gotten into - otherwise - we can all shave our own legs, cut our own toenails, etc. - there are worse things to worry about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2020, 07:20 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
I get monthly massages- obviously that is not happening. I have stopped getting pedicures because I had ripped big toenails and have been trying to grow them out for about 6 months now, so thankfully that is not a big issue. That said, I do go to the salon every 3 months or so. Thankfully I went in late January, so I still have about a month until I was supposed to do that, and it would just be for a cut. Right now, what I miss most is the massage. I do have a foam roller and yoga massage balls that I try to use a few times a week, but it isn’t the same. I had a yoga class I went to where they incorporated the yoga massage balls. I love that instructor.
I think I would like to try the yoga massage balls.

I was list at the Salon for my hair in January. I am just not good at hair. Not mine, or any one else's. Which is why I hire others to do it.

I love painting, and light gardening. I also enjoy cooking. But maintenance work is not for me.

Or for my husband. Home maintenance or auto repair - any of that sort thing. We aren't handy. We have a handy man. A person who cares for our lawn. My husband also has his hair colored and cut.
Once I tried to cut my daughter's bangs and when I took her to the hair dresser to attempt to have them repaired she said "honey, never let your mom near you air again".

I do enjoy crafts and decorating. Doing my nails is not for me.

Since I am in my early 60s, I think I will continue to be higher maintenance in the future. I don't judge the DIY crowd.

Old 03-26-2020, 09:48 PM

35,081 posts, read 31,313,313 times
I bought a head shaver on Amazon. I've never been skinhead before today. I like the look, but not the feel. I plan on going back to the barber when things get back to normal.

Old 03-27-2020, 08:51 AM

739 posts, read 843,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post

2. Manicures. I haven't had one since February and I really need them. I have no talent whatsoever when it comes to manicures. My nails are difficult, also. They break very easily, and I usually have a gel manicure and I am able to keep them at medium length. Now, I have cut them short and just applied a very pale, nude, pinkish color.
It's more sanitary to have them cut short anyway.

Old 03-27-2020, 10:44 AM

7,101 posts, read 4,825,782 times
I am actually enjoying having my hair product-less and my face makeup-less. I had a hair appt mid April for a perm, but I fear that that, along with our Florida beach vaca, will need to be cancelled.
I do miss my shellac fingernails. I think I can manage my toenails. Just gotta work up the ambition to do them!

Old 03-27-2020, 03:21 PM

22,339 posts, read 29,439,446 times
My gel acrylics and once a month gel pedicure, tanning and the gym

I did buy all the necessary nail stuff off amazon. I get it all Monday. I'll keep you guys posted on how I do, lol

Old 03-27-2020, 03:26 PM

4,944 posts, read 3,316,689 times
Video Roman hairstyle of Empress Plotina.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BMEoxT5YVk

Video The Juno hairstyle of Empress Sabina.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74AT70NC9xQ

Old 03-27-2020, 06:29 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,111,286 times
My stylist will come to my home to do my roots.

I'm skipping the mani but can do a good pedi myself. Since we are spending so much time at the pool, that is important to me.

We do cardio about every day. My husband's gym is still open because it is in a luxury hotel that houses Delta and Jet Blue flight crews. It is deemed essential.

Old 03-27-2020, 10:53 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,429,953 times
I am guy and seriously considering going back to long hair again. I can't imagine getting a haircut anytime soon. Luckily I own many hats

Old 03-28-2020, 02:56 AM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
I got my haircut back in February. Before leaving the salon, I made an appt. for my next one in April. Well, scratch that. When we went food shopping, I picked up some bobby pins. Now when my hair gets out of control, at least I will be able to pin it back.

My husband, as of late, had been getting close cropped haircuts. When he was younger, he used to let it get a little longer. I told him I'm looking forward to seeing his hair grow out. He has nice natural waves. In his younger days, he let his hair grow long enough to cover his ears and the hair there grew into ringlets.

So many things we took for granted, we can no longer do right now. For example, after being slackers about exercising, we both had just gotten into a routine where we went to our building's exercise room a couple of times a week. Now the room is closed off.

Also, we, too, are bored with what we've been eating. There is little in the way of meat, poultry or fish in the supermarket. One thing we did enjoy (going out to eat twice a week), we can no longer do. We're trying to watch what we eat and being sure to get frozen veggies in our diets but I have the feeling, despite both of us taking multivitamins everyday, that we aren't getting enough nutrients.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty