Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2020, 01:54 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times

Advertisements

With all the cooking videos people shouldn't be bored with their food. A good opportunity to learn new skills.

As for you gals who color and cut your own hair - I admire you! I pay a lot for cut and color but it's worth it in terms of being stress free. The last time I styled my own hair was in college when I wore it long and braided it myself!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2020, 02:14 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,401,000 times
Ok, I'm with you ladies on keeping up the hair and manicure routines, but my biggest concern is---

Getting my dog's nails trimmed!

She used to go to the groomers once a month for the "full package" bath, ears, fur trim, etc, etc which also included nail trim. Her claws grow very quickly and are sharp! We just got them trimmed at another groomer who fit her in before all this happened. They are quickly growing out. The claws are sharp and hurt us, but even more concerning is "dew claw". The claws were just about to go into her front paw pad when we had them trimmed the last time.

Guess us ladies aren't the only ones who need our spa days

Old 03-28-2020, 02:21 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,076,440 times
I mostly miss having reasons to get ready for different occasions (outfit, hair, makeup)

Old 03-28-2020, 03:13 PM

2,233 posts, read 2,403,693 times
Ugh this is all so terrible and I hope that it will be over soon This stupid virus is disrupting everyone's lives in ways we never imagined... it's so unfair. Luckily, I got a haircut two weeks ago... just before everything started closing. I dye my hair myself and use a brand from Sally Beauty Supply.. I'm guessing that's closed. I might just have to use a box dye for now.

Old 03-28-2020, 03:18 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,150,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
Ugh this is all so terrible and I hope that it will be over soon This stupid virus is disrupting everyone's lives in ways we never imagined... it's so unfair. Luckily, I got a haircut two weeks ago... just before everything started closing. I dye my hair myself and use a brand from Sally Beauty Supply.. I'm guessing that's closed. I might just have to use a box dye for now.
Yes, it is so unfair. You are alive and walking around, no? Others are gasping for breath in ICUs and hoping to live.

Somehow our concern with our hair, nails and wardrobes seem so foolish now.

Old 03-28-2020, 03:21 PM

7,096 posts, read 4,526,537 times
Like many I have white roots since I only go every 3 months and we shutdown 2 days before my appointment. The dogs look bad too) Frankly being in a high risk group I worry much more about dying than looking bad.

Old 03-28-2020, 03:22 PM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
I wonder if you can still order from Sally's online...? I'm guessing so.

https://www.sallybeauty.com/2020-03_...store-closures

Their website says you can even arrange a curbside pickup (where eligible)

Hang in there!

Old 03-28-2020, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Yes, it is so unfair. You are alive and walking around, no? Others are gasping for breath in ICUs and hoping to live.

Somehow our concern with our hair, nails and wardrobes seem so foolish now.
Yeah, I know it does sound pretty selfish when you think about it.. but we are all just human and can be selfish at times...

Old 03-28-2020, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I wonder if you can still order from Sally's online...? I'm guessing so.

https://www.sallybeauty.com/2020-03_...store-closures

Their website says you can even arrange a curbside pickup (where eligible)

Hang in there!
Yeah, I'm sure you can... I just wonder how long deliveries are taking now.

Old 03-28-2020, 04:28 PM

3,374 posts, read 1,966,962 times
I ordered some hair color from Target.com just to have on hand in case my roots get too bad. I'll put it on the new growth and strategically blend it into the area right around the gray. I have some plastic hair clips that can hold up the hair that I don't want to get the product on and I'll have to hope for the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty