Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2021, 11:43 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,104,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I had a consultation last week and also googled - it says the eyelids come down again in 7-10 years. Same with neck lifts even though they remove the excess skin. It all comes back.

So my plastic surgeon said to go for a endotine brow lift instead of eyelid lift. Did you talk with your doctor about that, too?

I much rather have my brows tucked up and the staples hidden in my hair than having anyone cut around on my eyes.

Did you talk with your dr about brow lift instead of eyelift, too or was that never an option? I am just trying to figure out why we get different recommendations for the same issue.
Yes - they actually recommended a brow lift also - they showed me the difference it would make by pulling up on my brow. But honestly, if I hadn't had the skin removed, I wouldn't have seen the results because I had so much hanging and there's no way that the pull up from the brow would've sorted that out.
I just googled the endotine brow lift and I"m not sure they offered me this exact type of lift. I just found this articles and the "before & after" are good but their eye lids were no where near as droopy as mine!

I guess there are pros and cons to it all right? And you just have to make the best informed choice for yourself. I know people who are close to 10 years out and they're still happy with their results.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2021, 01:09 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKB View Post
Yes - they actually recommended a brow lift also - they showed me the difference it would make by pulling up on my brow. But honestly, if I hadn't had the skin removed, I wouldn't have seen the results because I had so much hanging and there's no way that the pull up from the brow would've sorted that out.
I just googled the endotine brow lift and I"m not sure they offered me this exact type of lift. I just found this articles and the "before & after" are good but their eye lids were no where near as droopy as mine!

I guess there are pros and cons to it all right? And you just have to make the best informed choice for yourself. I know people who are close to 10 years out and they're still happy with their results.
okay, thanks for that comment. I think I will go ahead with the brow lift, havent received a quote yet.

Old 01-21-2021, 08:47 AM

Quote:
okay, thanks for that comment. I think I will go ahead with the brow lift, havent received a quote yet.
February 24 is my surgery date. I cannot wait!!!

Old 01-21-2021, 04:20 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
I have a question.
As, just like any surgery of such nature, it does not remove the CAUSE of problem. Doesn't this require routine follow ups? OOP? What, basically, ensures that MD has stable income source for years to come.
The cause of the problem is - AGE.

Obviously, people who have eye lifts should conduct due diligence before they select a doctor. That isn't different from any surgery - elective or not.

My father had blepharoplasty at around 70. He looked much better and was very pleased with the results. He lived almost 25 years longer.

Old 01-22-2021, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post

My father had blepharoplasty at around 70. He looked much better and was very pleased with the results. He lived almost 25 years longer.
It extended his life? That is awesome

Old 01-24-2021, 08:16 PM

282 posts, read 248,266 times
Quote:
It extended his life? That is awesome
He may have experienced a better quality of life during those additional 25 years.

Old 01-26-2021, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srq57 View Post
He may have experienced a better quality of life during those additional 25 years.
I was joking.

Old 01-27-2021, 07:53 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,104,212 times
Quote:
February 24 is my surgery date. I cannot wait!!!
Exciting! Did they tell you what to expect? I felt like I wasn't properly prepared for my recovery weekend following mine.

Old 01-27-2021, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKB View Post
Exciting! Did they tell you what to expect? I felt like I wasn't properly prepared for my recovery weekend following mine.
I will have a pre surgery appt next week. I dont think there is much recovery - they pull up the eyebrows by pulling up the forehead and stapling it into the hairline. That is not very invasive. I will also get a neck lift at the same time (J plasma) which is also not that invasive. There is no cutting anything. WHAT is invasive though, will be my rhinoplasty. I have it all done at the same time and I guess will have a few days to recover from it.
I am mainly scared I am spending a ton of money without seeing much in return. Buying a car may show more for the money but doesn't last as long

Old 01-27-2021, 06:36 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
I have a question.
As, just like any surgery of such nature, it does not remove the CAUSE of problem. Doesn't this require routine follow ups? OOP? What, basically, ensures that MD has stable income source for years to come.
Generally, age and genetics cause the problem. You can't remove those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty