Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 04:06 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,694,209 times

Advertisements

I prefer baths, I love to relax in the hot water with bubbles, a glass of wine or cup of tea, a book or magazine, scented oils.
But I take showers for daytime, and I prefer body wash and a puff. usually scented from my favorite perfume line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
This might have already been brought up some time ago but I coudnt find it, so, here we go. Just 'because' Im nosey.
How many of you prefer a bath or shower? And who prefers bar soap to body wash?
Myself, it doesnt matter, as long as I shower or bathe before going to bed so all I have to do is get up and get dressed in the morning. I know that as a kid I used to get in and get out in less than a minute...what the heck can you do in a minute, surely not wash very good! But then, it really didnt matter as much as it does now.
As far as soaps go, for the most part Ive always used Ivory bar soap, but occaisionally will use Dove just for a change, then go back to my Ivory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 04:30 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times
I prefer showers because they use less water and I feel like I'm just sitting in my dirt if I take a bath.
I don't really care what the "soap" is called. I have to use bar soap because the soap I use is unscented and I have yet to come across a liquid soap/body wash that is unscented.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:36 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,321,336 times
I always take showers-not enough time for a bath. Can't even remember last time I took a bath. I even have a jetted tub-it's not big though!

Used to use Dove body bar-but got tired of the mess it left-now use Dove body wash.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:40 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,940,698 times
I've been using bar soap, lately. It's quick and convenient. I take baths on weekends (bubble baths or bath bombs/fizzies). It's a great way to relax in the evening.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:22 PM

672 posts, read 2,114,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenbacismama View Post
I also used to love a certain peppermint castille liquid soap - so refreshing. I don't remember the name, but I do remember it having some sort or religious phrases on the label. I think Trader Joe's and possibly health food stores sell it.
Dr. Bronners is the one you're thinking of. The bottle is totally entertaining to read if you forget a book or magazine in the bath.

Old 08-10-2009, 08:02 PM

606 posts, read 1,234,924 times
I take showers only now because I share a bathroom with 3 other people 2 ladies and 1 male. But when I had my own place I always took one shower in the morning and a bath at night.
I use dove beauty bar (original scent) for my face and bath and body works shower gel for my body. I like the fruity scents for the shower gel but I don't like the coconut scent because it usailly smells like suntan lotion after using it.
I have to wash my hair once a day as well. I like Dove shampoo products for my hair as well. Herbal Essences works well too.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:13 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,308,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
This might have already been brought up some time ago but I coudnt find it, so, here we go. Just 'because' Im nosey.
How many of you prefer a bath or shower? And who prefers bar soap to body wash?
Myself, it doesnt matter, as long as I shower or bathe before going to bed so all I have to do is get up and get dressed in the morning. I know that as a kid I used to get in and get out in less than a minute...what the heck can you do in a minute, surely not wash very good! But then, it really didnt matter as much as it does now.
As far as soaps go, for the most part Ive always used Ivory bar soap, but occaisionally will use Dove just for a change, then go back to my Ivory.
A shower in the morning or after the gym, and at least 3-4 nights a week a nice, hot bath. Definitely helps me both relax and sleep. I use bodywash only now as it's easy to use and make for easy cleanup. No soap scum as with bar soap . I use Axe, Suave, Softsoap and the Target brand.

Old 10-11-2009, 01:03 PM

14 posts, read 23,746 times
I love a long warm bath.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:04 PM

3,073 posts, read 8,025,234 times
Shower daily and bath only for a warm water soak maybe once every 2 weeks. I like to showere with body wash esp. sport old spice or store brand. We used to use bar soap but now am hooked on bw. Seems to be less soap scum in the shower (it's a shower stall). My favorite bar soap was dial or lever 2000. Irish spring and coast are too strong of a smell for me.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:05 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
you mean i was supposed to have been using soap or a body wash? why? if you are in there its going to wash right off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty