Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2021, 02:51 AM

3,374 posts, read 1,965,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk4042C View Post
My "Google-Fu" is strong.

Google search: Time lapse video aging drawing

Here is your video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycLIyI_fB9k
Excellent work there Hawk! I remember this one too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2021, 02:55 AM

3,374 posts, read 1,965,883 times
Posture. Standing straight is something I strive for everyday and I've even asked my husband to remind me if he sees me slouching. Although he's reluctant to do that, it really helps.

Old 11-16-2021, 05:53 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,454,883 times
- Poor posture
-Jowls
- Unkempt hands - use lotion at least.
- many "hair doos" that are short, permed, overly styled, don't move when the wind blows - or a mixture of those.
-dated hairstyles - an acquaintance of mine insists on wearing her hair in the style of the decade that she feels she looked at her best, She has a puffy bi-level hairstyle with bangs cut too deeply into her head. Her bangs are spiky in a hard eighties way.
- out of date shoes, clunky shoes, sloppy, dirty shoes.
- too much too bright makeup. Dated makeup.
- being overweight
- being gaunt and too thin
- more times than not, grey hair
- Not wearing a good bra that fits
- having your nails filed in a way you did 25 years ago. Just don't do that.
- wearing overly bright nail polish (with the exclusion of classic red) or having faux gemstones inserted, designed etc. painted on your nails,
- too thin eyebrows
- not caring for your eyebrows
- wearing "old lady clothes" - certain brands are made for older people. Alfred Dunner comes to mind.
- caftans and much of the clothes at Chicos which evoke the TV character "Maude".
- certain costume jewelry. Most brooches, especially holiday themed ones. Those round necklaces

Old 11-16-2021, 06:23 PM

24,513 posts, read 10,836,221 times
Well Sheena12 - I have yet to carbon date me for broches. Especially Hopi ones. Personally I would feel naked without them in stepping out outfits. Those and my past shoulder needle point earrings are part of me. Of course I can switch to clarity and up do if necessary. Have not done that even in corporate circus for years.

Old 11-16-2021, 06:43 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,134,864 times
I think there's a difference between looking 'old' and looking 'dated'.
Poor posture, gray hair, funky nails, brooches, etc, don't necessarily have much to do with making someone look old per se. Plenty of younger people fit those descriptions too.

Old 11-17-2021, 04:53 AM

5 posts, read 1,915 times
I think a man looks older than his age when he loses weight drastically, when he has weathered skin, bald spots

Old 11-17-2021, 05:56 AM

22,660 posts, read 24,585,979 times
Most of the young-looking older-people are using makeup to cover-up lines,
blemishes, etc........scrub it off and you have reality.

You get old, like me, you look old.

Last edited by tickyul; 11-17-2021 at 06:13 AM..

Old 11-17-2021, 10:19 AM

24,100 posts, read 32,454,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
Well Sheena12 - I have yet to carbon date me for broches. Especially Hopi ones. Personally I would feel naked without them in stepping out outfits. Those and my past shoulder needle point earrings are part of me. Of course I can switch to clarity and up do if necessary. Have not done that even in corporate circus for years.
Those sound interesting. I mean department store boxed brooches by commercial companies such as Monet. Those must be lovely.

I meant in general.

Old 11-17-2021, 10:46 AM

3,069 posts, read 1,680,587 times
So many good answers on here. But here's one that I'll add: Trying too hard to look too young.

One example is a woman in her early 70's who I've seen dressed in hippie-style clothes from 50 years ago - hip-huggers, skimpy summer tops, and a head-band wrapped around her forehead. She aged 'hard' and doesn't stand straight which does not help. If it makes her happy and keeps her mind in happier, younger times then that's great. If she wants to look young again then she fails miserably.

Old 11-18-2021, 09:40 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,306,731 times
^^This^^. We have an older lady at our gym who has an apple shaped body and wears too tight clothes, has purple or pink hair, new tattoos all over wears too much make-up for the gym. She looks like the typical older person trying to look young. But, hey if it makes her happy.

I went to a new hair stylist recently and she was shocked at my age. Said I carry myself much younger and I think that is one of the best ways not to look old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty