Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 03:21 PM

1,387 posts, read 4,018,723 times

Advertisements

Flip flops from A&F are the best!. I buy these because they are extremely durable, non-slippery, and very easy to clean. The ordinary rubber ones cost $20-25 dollars, but its worth it. Flip flops do have a bad image. I have a very hard time convincing my grandparents and my Dad that they are indeed appropriate shoes to wear on any ordinary day.

I detest Crocs though. I think only toddlers pull them off, LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 04:01 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,906,042 times
I agree with the poster above. However, I typically feel silly in flip flops unless I am going to the beach. My preteen however has every color of A&F flip flops in the rainbow. They are appropriate for her. Unfortunately, they do not allow open toe shoes at her private school!! We live in IN and are in the middle of moving to FL. Hopefully they won't be as strict about her footwear there!

Old 05-06-2008, 07:37 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,448,201 times
If people are offended by naked feet, please for your own mental health, stay out of Florida. My goal at any given time is to wear as little clothes as posible without giving reason for a cop to arrest me. While I'm not a nudist officially, I hate wearing clothes. I feel annoyed when it gets cold enough to wear long pants and long sleeves.
The first thing I do is take my clothes off when I get home. I NEVER wear anything on my feet around the house.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:19 PM

172 posts, read 769,410 times
I live in Las Vegas and see quite a few people in flip-flops. Especially the Old Navy 2 for $5.00 variety. Personally, I don't wear them. I like dressier shoes.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:20 PM

172 posts, read 769,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busch Boy View Post
Flip flops from A&F are the best!. I buy these because they are extremely durable, non-slippery, and very easy to clean. The ordinary rubber ones cost $20-25 dollars, but its worth it. Flip flops do have a bad image. I have a very hard time convincing my grandparents and my Dad that they are indeed appropriate shoes to wear on any ordinary day.

I detest Crocs though. I think only toddlers pull them off, LOL.
I feel the same way about Crocs. Those things should be banned.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:35 PM

9,538 posts, read 16,530,025 times
I live in Portland, Oregon and it is not known for warm dry weather, and that is an understatement. I have never seen this many people wear flip flops all year other than Florida as I do here. I see them all over town, on the streets, in the gyms and even at the Airport where I work (passengers). I don't really mind but Im sorry at the gym and on planes I do mind. Sandals is one thing but flips flops there is a place and not a place for them. Even when its 30 degrees and rain and sleet they wear their flip flops all over Portland. When I see them around downtown, many of them seem to be smoking pot or look high, so they are probably not aware of the weather conditons. Poor things.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:23 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,124,914 times
I would think the Airport would be a good place for flip flops. They are comfy and in most airports you have to walk forever to find your gate. And I'm not sure if it's changed since I haven't flown in a while, but don't they make you take your shoes off sometimes? It seems like flip flops would be the preferred footwear for that.

Old 05-07-2008, 07:14 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,436,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
.... While I'm not a nudist officially, I hate wearing clothes. I feel annoyed when it gets cold enough to wear long pants and long sleeves.
The first thing I do is take my clothes off when I get home. I NEVER wear anything on my feet around the house.
Huh....you sound like me now....LOL.
I love to go barefoot, letting my feet do whatever they may, and letting them breath.
I just love wearing flip flops when I have to jump into the car, running errands on a whim, going to the beach.
I am puzzled, however, how people seem to be wearing them in church though....but that's just my opinion.
They are as casual, as casual can be...and there's a time and place to wear them.
Church and a wedding might NOT be.
But who am I talking...now they are making wedding flip flops for brides as well!!!!

Old 05-07-2008, 11:11 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
Do people in your area walk around wearing flip flops all the time? In Phoenix, practically everybody but myself it seems wears flip flops everywhere, even to school. I think it's disgusting personally, having to look at people's bare feet. What ever happened to the old "No shirt, no shoes, no service" rule? State where you live and whether or not this mode of fashion is common.
That's Arizona for ya, homey! Some guys in my office wear them to work! I find it disgusting, too, but that's how the cookies crumble around here...

Old 05-07-2008, 12:36 PM

5,077 posts, read 14,648,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCali4LifeSD View Post
i have to agree to the ^^^^ poster... i can't stand shoes, especially in a city with a year round mild climate. i don't like the fact that shoes restrict the air flow to my feet so i don't wear them too often; only when i go to a night club or some other formal event. i like the fact that my feet can breathe when i wear flip flops and in turn, this regulates the temperature of the rest of my body on warm/hot days.

i think u know where i'm from! and i'm 23, so of course i wear them!
I'm jumpin' on the flip-flop bandwagon! I love wearing little to no shoes! I love going to get my first pedicure of the season when I can finally wear all of my fun shoes including flip-flops. Having said this though, I don't wear flip-flops out for my fiance and I's date night or if we are going somewhere nice. The flip flops are just for like grocery shopping, etc.

Someone had said that peoples feet are gross and that they don't want to see them, I can see that point of view, a lot of people have this foot thing that they can't stand feet but if they are pretty and pedicured, why not! Some of us have pretty good feet. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty