Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2021, 08:21 PM

57 posts, read 38,590 times

Advertisements

Who is making thick denim jeans if not levis?? Lee, wrangler, rustler, ect....????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2021, 10:35 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,780,627 times
Wrangler and Rustler (which is made by Wrangler) both have the thick denim. I don't know about other similar brands as those are my favorites and I didn't look any further. Hope that helps.

Old 01-07-2021, 01:03 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times
Heritage brands ("American-made jeans") and Japanese brands, not counting denim made of another, heavier fabric.

Old 01-07-2021, 01:39 AM

2,089 posts, read 3,907,683 times
Stick with Wrangler for 13oz jeans, made really well.

Old 01-07-2021, 06:00 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,328,763 times
Well, a couple years ago I realized I needed to find a different brand of blue jeans and I found standard blue jeans being made by Levi's, Lee, and Wrangler. Those are the big 3 of men's blue jeans, anyway. Of course each one offers about three different cuts, and I was able to find one version that was properly shaped for the way I'm shaped. But the basic fabric is real similar amongst all of them.

Old 01-08-2021, 08:09 AM

403 posts, read 221,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbo1957 View Post
Stick with Wrangler for 13oz jeans, made really well.
^^^Those are good, last long, but Carhartt lasts even longer.

The 3 brands of jeans that I am buying for my husband are :

1) Wrangler (Walmart) - thick, cheap and last long. He wears them around the farm.

https://www.walmart.com/search/?quer...wrangler%20men

2) Carhartt lined with fleece or flannel for winter (he even hunts and fishes in them) from Sierra Trading post.
Some are really thick 15 oz and last forever. You can pick anything from relaxed to fitted.

https://www.sierra.com/s~carhartt-lined-jeans/

3)Levi's 505 fitted from Sam's club for everyday wear, camping trips, etc. They fit him so perfect that he can advertise them.

https://www.samsclub.com/p/levis-men...=plp_product_1

Old 01-08-2021, 10:21 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,583,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santosg View Post
Who is making thick denim jeans if not levis?? Lee, wrangler, rustler, ect....????

Madewell...love them! Their sizing & fit is a bonus...AND every kind of style of women’s boyjeans, slim, high rise skinny, vintage, curvy, Cali Demi, retro & wide leg crop. Basically any size & style you want.

Old 01-08-2021, 11:11 AM

6,503 posts, read 3,437,106 times
Wrangler jeans is going to go the same way that Champion did in the athleticwear space. What you were once embarrassed to be seen in, is now a fashion statement. If it hasn't happened already.

Old 01-08-2021, 11:36 AM

10,309 posts, read 6,847,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santosg View Post
You say you want "thick" denim fabric? This is an easy one.

Levi/Wrangler/Rustler are garbage.

You want "thick?"

Go to your local Harley-Davidson dealership.

Tell them to point you towards the "MOTORCLOTHES" division.

Be prepared.

Are they cheap? Nope.

Can they "save you a$$?" Yup.

Are they durable or "thick?" You damn skippy they are.

Just do it. But come back and tell us your experience. (Oh boy, is your light about to go "On!")

This is gonna be fun!

Old 01-08-2021, 11:52 AM

403 posts, read 221,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Madewell...love them! Their sizing & fit is a bonus...AND every kind of style of women’s boyjeans, slim, high rise skinny, vintage, curvy, Cali Demi, retro & wide leg crop. Basically any size & style you want.
The OP is asking for thickest made jeans.
Unfortunately, fashionable jeans are not very thick - on average 12 0z denim, including Madewell.

There is Japanese company Iron Heart that makes the thickest jeans,25 0z denim, but I am not sure about their pricing (afraid even to look) and sizing.

https://www.ironheartamerica.com/?gc...BoCqPgQAvD_BwE

https://reactual.com/clothing/durabl...2%20oz%20denim.
Sizing could be the problem. But, they look good, can stand on their own like Levi's used to be long time ago, the one that were made in USA...

My husband will never buy or wear jeans that worth more than $100, even less. Once I bought him Ralph Lauren jeans - he took them back and bought Wranglers from Walmart...About 5 pairs of them.

My son prefers to buy his jeans and wears "European look" skinny jeans - they are definitely not thick...

Last edited by Straight Arrow; 01-08-2021 at 12:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty