Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 07:16 PM

4,462 posts, read 8,039,317 times

Advertisements

Cargo shorts/plaid shorts- some t shirts, polo shirts, v necks and flip flops for guys- casual
Jeans- some khaki or plaid shorts- v necks in pink/lime for gals

dress clothes eastern tailored- with more subdued conservative stuff by Ralph Lauren, CK, Armani--Some Brooks Brothers, J Crew, LL Bean
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 07:16 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,206,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
She hates to see young girls who are fat. Yes. She thinks its such a shame that they (and their parents to a great degree) allowed them(selves) to get in such shape. It really saddens her (am me) to see this.

My wife is big on health - healthy eating habits, exercise, proper nutrition and she feels there is no excuse for young girls to be so out of shape and fat walking around showing the flab, back fat, side fat to the world.
Many overweight girls hide their bodies in shame thanks to people like your wife. She just hates them, is she doing anything to help or educate them. I don't like seeing people unhealthy either, but I would never hate them or look at them as though they were garbage. Your wife may have a healthy body, but maybe she should work on her soul.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:31 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,989,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Many overweight girls hide their bodies in shame thanks to people like your wife. She just hates them, is she doing anything to help or educate them. I don't like seeing people unhealthy either, but I would never hate them or look at them as though they were garbage. Your wife may have a healthy body, but maybe she should work on her soul.
Why the insulting remark about someone you dont even know? Many overweight girls hide their bodies because.......I dont know.....because they are fat maybe? My post must have hit just a bit too close to home for you I guess. Anyway, youre apology is accepted in advance.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Why the insulting remark about someone you dont even know? Many overweight girls hide their bodies because.......I dont know.....because they are fat maybe? My post must have hit just a bit too close to home for you I guess. Anyway, youre apology is accepted in advance.
Yes, it did hit close to home. I use to work with very sick girls and their medication mad them gain weight and retain water, and because they were looked at with disgust most of them would rather die than take their medicine. People shouldn't judge what they don't know about. I left CA to get away from superficial vain people, I guess I have to get off the internet as well.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:38 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,514,359 times
A lot of young girls are fat these days because of supersize portions of fast food, sitting at the computer and not getting enough exercise - our culture really makes it easy for people to get fat and then when they are fat they are disgusted by them. So sad.
Please dont be disgusted by fat people - they are people too - please get off your high horse.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:50 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,922,132 times
Quote:
It hit close to home to me, too. My daughter had an eating disorder. She was starving herself to death. We learned a lot about ED that summer. Part of the reason girls (it is overwhelmingly a female problem, though there are a few males, too) get into that mindset is that they are taught that

Quote:
its such a shame that they (and their parents to a great degree) allowed them(selves) to get in such shape. It really saddens her (am me) to see this.

there is no excuse for young girls to be so out of shape and fat walking around showing the flab, back fat, side fat to the world.
or something close to that.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:09 PM

I will add that my daughter got well, but she still relapses at times. It's horrible.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:31 PM

Eating disorders can be stubborn, I wish her the best.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:33 PM

Thank you. Back to topic: why must one be as slim as a fahion model to wear clothes that are in style?

Old 05-19-2008, 09:04 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,872,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Thank you. Back to topic: why must one be as slim as a fahion model to wear clothes that are in style?
Answering this is likely to derail this thread right back off topic

So back to actual topic the "uniform" of my area differs too much by age group to pin-point overall. Teens and early 20's guys wear jeans and striped button down shirts or polos, those aged girls wear jeans and tight t-shirts (yay ) and flip-flops. Late 20's to early 30's people are usually wearing the same crap they had on in college (when big floppy khaki cargo pants and carpenter's jeans and oversized gray t-shirts and pullover fleeces were in style), while the 40 somethings are likely to show up at a nice restaraunt or a performing arts show in their goddamned gym trainers and Wal-mart-esque jeans.

So I guess you could say jeans is the uniform
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty