Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2022, 02:56 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,148,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallow Hal View Post
Wish that I could have worn jeans to work. As it is, isn't it great to have stretchy jeans that finally fit a women's body without the waist gaping and thigh cinching of years ago? It was traumatic to find jeans then but now the stretch is very forgiving for a woman's curves. What's not to love with the look of black jeans and flats?

Getting back on topic, I don't think cropped shirts flatter too many people.....
Ug. Back in the day, it was as hard to find good fitting jeans as it was to find good fitting bras.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2022, 05:13 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,028,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Ug. Back in the day, it was as hard to find good fitting jeans as it was to find good fitting bras.
It's still hard for me to find good fitting bras, always has been.

Old 08-22-2022, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
It comes back to the same basic question I pose with women wearing makeup... Who are you really wearing it for? Unless you're looking in a mirror, you can't see yourself, so you must be wearing it for the benefit of those who CAN see you. And to say you wear it in order to "feel better about" yourself, that's actually a circular argument. You feel better about yourself because you believe you LOOK better to, again, those who can see you and therefore they judge you more favorably, and you enjoy their acceptance. So it's actually for others. Same with the hair; if it's a pixie cut, you can't see it unless you're looking in a mirror. The hair dye, I tend to think, is for attention or at least to tell the world, "I'm a badass, edgy old crone!" Which is fine, to each her own, but own it.
I've been doing it for over 60 years so the rest of the world can see my fabulous, colourful halo around my head (cuz I haven't earned my badassery wings yet but I'm working on it) and everyone can see what a delightfully sweet, empathetic and all-compassionate angel that I am.

Old 08-22-2022, 05:36 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,429,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Did you mean OVER the age of 50 or 40?
I was thinking something like that but it was communicated wrong.

Old 08-22-2022, 05:47 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,958,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I've been doing it for over 60 years so the rest of the world can see my fabulous, colourful halo around my head (cuz I haven't earned my badassery wings yet but I'm working on it) and everyone can see what a delightfully sweet, empathetic and all-compassionate angel that I am.

"...so the rest of the world can see...everyone can see..." being the operative phrases.

Old 08-22-2022, 07:24 PM

Quote:
"...so the rest of the world can see...everyone can see..." being the operative phrases.
LOL. What else would be the point of having a halo if not to strike everyone else dumb with what they see?

What happened to your sense of humour and fun? You shouldn't bother yourself so much trying to figure out what other people's personal reasons are for decking themselves out this way or that or the other. It's nobody else's business except maybe for the people trying to be influencers and making money out of promoting and selling trends.

How do you feel about multiple body piercings? Do you have a lot of them yourself or is that something trendy that you wouldn't be caught dead having on you?

Old 08-22-2022, 07:27 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,601,599 times
Those long, pointy dagger fingernails.

Old 08-23-2022, 06:24 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
Quote:
Yes, she wants everyone else to see the version of her own expression that she feels best represents her. That doesn't mean it's for their approval.

Old 08-23-2022, 07:23 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,148,580 times
Quote:

I buy from Bare Necessities www.barenecessities.com

Old 08-23-2022, 07:43 AM

1,462 posts, read 659,289 times
Quote:

Oh, it can be a nightmare for sure. Try a couple of Victoria Secret's bras during the semi annual sales. The next big sale will be around Black Friday and through December. They do have sales all year so keep checking. The brick and mortar stores have sales bins always. I refuse to pay their full price tho.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty