Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2023, 10:18 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,104,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
There are what we used to call "dark Norwegians." Most of them with dark hair and darker skin color. They were not what was known then as the Negroid race but may have been descended from the Saami, the indigenous people of Norway, though many of them are fair with light hair and eyes. They were some of the first Scandinavians and came from hunter/gatherer tribes from farther south.

My great grandparents migrated from Norway to south Minneapolis and we always referred to ourselves as "Dark Norwegians" - black hair/blue eyes, with the exception of my maternal grandfather who had the classic alabaster white hair.

Growing up in Minneapolis, folks with white hair and blue eyes were fairly common, and their skin was often so fair, that in the winter months they developed a sort of vampiric translucency. A strangely alluring look for the women, who would often double down on their natural appearance by wearing black leather and dark eye liner.

I only point this out because when the OP asks "if anybody still likes blondes"....I need to ask if we're talking Minnesota blondes or California blondes, because they're very different.

Last edited by Good Red Road; 05-21-2023 at 10:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2023, 11:38 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,651,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Atta girl!!
And if you now have grey or white hair - it's very trendy!!
Gray hair has been one of the hottest trends for the past year, and even women who aren't spotting any signs of grays are asking for this beautiful color at salons!
What's the reason behind the trend?
For some women, it's about empowerment. Gray hair has long been associated with elder age, and that's why they've always felt the need to cover it up.
But no more!!!
https://www.hadviser.com/gray-hair-styles/
Just tired of a commitment like this. I can afford it, but tired of sitting in a salon listening to my stylists gossip, two hours of my time, ugh.

I have no idea how gray I am. Just going au natural lol.

Old 05-22-2023, 12:05 PM

4,214 posts, read 3,764,709 times
Im not picky, but I have always had a thing for blondes.

Old 05-22-2023, 02:47 PM

7,114 posts, read 4,833,273 times
Quote:
Not that uncommon
My son had shoulder long hair when he was born.
My granddaughter had long and thick hair when she was born.
Here - 10 weeks old had already couple haircuts.
Lovely! I’ve never heard of this before, I was being a bit tongue in cheek when I quoted Hitori. I actually thought it was a typo.
Sorry Hitori!

Old 05-22-2023, 02:50 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,393,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostee View Post
I have a thing for naturally blond women and they are so hard to find. I know about a woman that has very light natural blond hair, it is just otherworldly. I also think women with albinism are attractive looking.

But it is like a pain. They are so hard to find.
Go to Denmark, Sweden, Norway or the Netherlands. There's millions of us blondes there.

Old 05-22-2023, 03:00 PM

8,080 posts, read 7,454,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
Go to Denmark, Sweden, Norway or the Netherlands. There's millions of us blondes there.
My Mom was 50/50 Swedish and Danish, and had dark hair and dark eyes. She also tanned pretty well, and could "pass" as it were, in reverse.

I wonder if the Nordic Blond is less fact than stereotype.

Old 05-22-2023, 03:53 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,504,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, I dunno. My observation is, that blondes tend to beget blondes. A blonde friend of mine had 3 blonde daughters. Their father's a brunette. Obviously, they're all authentic blondes; little kids don't change their hair color deliberately, and their parents don't do it for them. I don't think authentic blondes are all that rare. What about all the blond men? It's probably very rare, if not nonexistent, that a guy would bleach his hair blond.

But I guess there's been so much immigration from brunette and black-haired parts of the world, that the percentage of blonds has shrunk in the last couple of generations...?
And gingers appear to beget gingers. We have all three colors in my extended family. It seems gingers also beget blondes.

I don't care if others like my hair color or not. I was born blonde. I think dark hair is having a moment now and has been for a while. Unfortunately, I think the source of the brunette trend may be the Kardashians.

There have always been great beauties with all hair of ALL colors. Although, as someone mentioned, blonde hair was preferred in the 1950s through the early 2000s.

Old 05-22-2023, 05:01 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
There are what we used to call "dark Norwegians." Most of them with dark hair and darker skin color. They were not what was known then as the Negroid race but may have been descended from the Saami, the indigenous people of Norway, though many of them are fair with light hair and eyes. They were some of the first Scandinavians and came from hunter/gatherer tribes from farther south.
The interesting thing about Norway's Saami, is that there's one village where everyone is darker-skinned and has dark hair. It's a village that successfully resisted Norwegianization, back when that was going on,which was for quite a long while. And genetic studies indicate, that those people are tied to Russia's Samoyedic peoples, and don't share the same ancestry as other Saami.

Old 05-22-2023, 05:19 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,398,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostee View Post
I have a thing for naturally blond women and they are so hard to find. I know about a woman that has very light natural blond hair, it is just otherworldly. I also think women with albinism are attractive looking.

But it is like a pain. They are so hard to find.
To answer your post's question . . . not exactly.

With the exception of but a handful of blondes, brunettes or women with any form of dark hair rule my preference!

Old 05-22-2023, 05:59 PM

10,352 posts, read 8,578,998 times
Quote:
Not that uncommon
My son had shoulder long hair when he was born.
My granddaughter had long and thick hair when she was born.
Here - 10 weeks old had already couple haircuts.
Wow what a little cutie with beautiful hair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty