Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2023, 10:54 AM

3,288 posts, read 2,366,505 times

Advertisements

To me it is a problem but maybe not to you. I bought a cheap pair of sunglasses yesterday. I went into a 40 yr old woman’s office and asked if I could use her scissors to cut the tag off. She said,”ooh. Sunglasses.” I told her not to get excited because I paid $12 at Target and that I really don’t care if they were fashionable because I’m a guy. She said she would be more concerned if I were worried about being fashionable and made a limp wrist gesture. We both laughed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2023, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm4256 View Post
Pedicure #2 (no clear coat this time)

Also new flip flops

Is it me or are they a bit too narrow? Debating whether to keep or return them. I didn't realize how difficult it was to find good sandals that fit well and look halfway decent. The first ones I posted are not too comfortable if I wear them longer than a couple hours.
No man, and most women should be allowed to walk around with their feet in view unless they are on a beach. I find it repulsive.

Old 07-04-2023, 10:58 AM

14,801 posts, read 8,133,631 times
Quote:
I am a guy looking to get a makeover. Is that weird?
Nope, that isn't weird...why should girls have all the fun!??!
Nothing wrong with trying to jazz things up or look your best, no matter who you are.
And like I mentioned it can be fun, and boost your confidence also.

Old 07-04-2023, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
No man, and most women should be allowed to walk around with their feet in view unless they are on a beach. I find it repulsive.

I hate, hate, hate flip flops!

Old 07-04-2023, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Nope, that isn't weird...why should girls have all the fun!??!
Nothing wrong with trying to jazz things up or look your best, no matter who you are.
And like I mentioned it can be fun, and boost your confidence also.
Because dressing up is a feminine thing to do and always has been. Men shouldn’t be looking to pretty themselves up. Shouldn’t a man just be a man? I feel the same about women body builders. Not a good look.don’t call me old, I would have said the same thing in my 20s.

Old 07-04-2023, 12:38 PM

^LOL....My husband loves to get all dressed up! He is the one always buying hats not me, and I tease him about being a clothes @****! He is always wanting more clothes...I hate shopping for clothes and will just go pick out something online when I need some.
He is not at all feminine in the least! He is a sharp shooter and ex-Policeman.
Use to lift weights when he was younger.

I have never understood the reasoning behind female body builders, but hey, to each his own.
Live and let live, I do me and you do you....that's my philosophy on life.
But, yeah everyone is entitled to their own opinion!

I don't see anything wrong in someone wanting to make themself look or feel better.
And I am not young, I am in my 60's.

Last edited by Crazee Cat Lady; 07-04-2023 at 12:51 PM..

Old 07-04-2023, 05:56 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,875,538 times
Quote:
Because dressing up is a feminine thing to do and always has been. Men shouldn’t be looking to pretty themselves up. Shouldn’t a man just be a man?
Until very recently it was typical across cultures and time periods for male fashion to be at least as extravagant as female fashion. It was often more practical for active life, but no less colorful, flattering, detailed, etc.

It's the male peacocks that are flashy.

Old 07-04-2023, 06:53 PM

61,859 posts, read 87,339,575 times
Quote:
Do you find other body parts repulsive too? Just wonder ..

Old 07-04-2023, 07:08 PM

61,859 posts, read 87,339,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
^
I don't see anything wrong in someone wanting to make themself look or feel better.
Me either. But we got so sloppy with our oversized, baggy, shapeless and boring clothes, which we consider "comfy", that anyone who still try to look stylish and well-clothed is now considered dandy and unmanly. And actually embarrassed to stand out from the crowd.

Old 07-08-2023, 06:52 PM

1,706 posts, read 1,162,698 times
Forgive me if I'm repeating anything already stated-

there's an old reality TV show called "***** Eye For The Straight Guy"......

Honestly the most snappy dressers are homosexual men. They're always surrounded by men. They gossip, they love attention.

So even if you have a problem with gay men, put that aside and let them dress you. Your life will improve.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty