Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2023, 12:53 PM

1,499 posts, read 884,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm4256 View Post
Pedicure done!

It was very relaxing. Of course I was the only guy there lol.

She asked me if I wanted a clear coat and I wasn't sure. She said she'd paint one toe and said she could either keep going or remove it. I let her paint the rest. I kinda like the shine but wonder if it might come across a bit weird if someone notices.
Feet look nice…skip any polish, even clear

I assume you are not gay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2023, 04:29 PM

8,331 posts, read 2,959,252 times
Yes

Old 05-27-2023, 10:15 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,855,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post
Disagree. The shine from the clear generally wears off pretty quickly, and the clear lacquer then will just protect the toenails from discoloration and help them look healthy, basically maintaining the look of the pedicure longer.

Old 05-27-2023, 10:33 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,855,832 times
Quote:
One woman I was talking to suggested a red of green streak and yeah that's a bit extreme. I think you're right and likely will no go there.
IMO straight up red or green is a lot. Very 2005 emo. Unnatural color works better when it's something more creative or subtle. Something like silvery blue or peach, where it's just a bit off a natural color, is easier to pull off, in my opinion. I have black hair and for a while I had an under-layer of it colored dark purple, so it was basically invisible when my hair was down, but showed when I put my hair up, and that was fun.

Try colored hair wax in the shades that you're thinking about before actually dying it. Depending on placement, color choice and just your general look, color can either be very cool or very clowny so it's worth experimenting before deciding whether to bite the bullet.

Old 05-28-2023, 08:30 AM

522 posts, read 342,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post

I assume you are not gay
Thanks

I am not

Old 05-28-2023, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
Disagree. The shine from the clear generally wears off pretty quickly, and the clear lacquer then will just protect the toenails from discoloration and help them look healthy, basically maintaining the look of the pedicure longer.
I was wondering how long it lasts.

Tbh I have been second guessing that choice to go with the polish. Reason? I figure people will notice and then I will have to fess up that I had a pedicure. I haven't told anyone that I had it done lol.

Last edited by tgm4256; 05-28-2023 at 08:58 AM..

Old 05-28-2023, 08:34 AM

Quote:
IMO straight up red or green is a lot. Very 2005 emo. Unnatural color works better when it's something more creative or subtle. Something like silvery blue or peach, where it's just a bit off a natural color, is easier to pull off, in my opinion. I have black hair and for a while I had an under-layer of it colored dark purple, so it was basically invisible when my hair was down, but showed when I put my hair up, and that was fun.

Try colored hair wax in the shades that you're thinking about before actually dying it. Depending on placement, color choice and just your general look, color can either be very cool or very clowny so it's worth experimenting before deciding whether to bite the bullet.
I agree with every point. It might be fun to shake things up but that's a bit too much and I don't want to portray myself as something I'm not. And thanks for the tip about trying it before dying it. I probably won't go that route anyway but that's a very good idea.

Old 05-29-2023, 11:11 AM

11,103 posts, read 9,744,154 times
Quote:
I like it!

Hair is thinner on top than his so I wouldn't be able to pull it off quite like him tho.
A little bit of product really is necessary for most stand-up cuts or spiky cuts. Let the stylist recommend one when they cut and style your hair so you don't have to try out so many to find one that works for your hair and style. Have them show you how to use it properly too.

I like sandals that look like Teva's, Keen's, Merrel or Birkenstocks.

Here's a page with lots of styles: https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...1&disoverlay=1

Old 05-29-2023, 11:17 AM

Quote:

On a 40ish guy, I think any color other than a blonde streak or tips is trying too hard to look younger. Sort of like a 50 year old lady in a halter top and short-shorts.

Old 05-29-2023, 11:19 AM

Quote:
I was wondering how long it lasts.

Tbh I have been second guessing that choice to go with the polish. Reason? I figure people will notice and then I will have to fess up that I had a pedicure. I haven't told anyone that I had it done lol.
They can just buff the nails to make them look smooth and silky, not shiny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty