Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2023, 04:06 PM

1,059 posts, read 583,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm4256 View Post
What is the 5 o clock shadow is partially gray?
Like salt and pepper hair but on the chin with 5 o’clock shadow?

Quote:
My husband has a full, trimmed, silver beard. I think it looks great. I've always liked beards (trimmed beards, not the hillbilly ZZ Top kind.)

My husband keeps his nice and conditioned, so it's nice and soft...not scratchy at all.

I've had face rash from scratchy beards...it was worth it. LOL
SnazzyB Do we have the same husband?!

Mine is more salt and pepper but trimmed nicely as well. I love to touch it with the back of my hand, it feels like sand pepper, like how our kitties lick me. (I swear it’s not as perverted as it’s written. )

Not a fan of ZZ Top “How are you gonna eat with that?!” full, long beard either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2023, 04:18 PM

21,960 posts, read 9,548,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago-guy View Post
Had the opportunity to grow out my beard for a year due to post-surgery and no work.
Gotta admit I felt like a bad***. I did go to the barber to have it cleaned up every few months, so it wasn't a wild beard where I looked like a caveman. It was kept up, just long.
But alas, the time came and I trimmed it down alot. I decided to keep a full beard but short beard. Nothing hanging, but still no skin visible.

I always had a mustache and goatee since puberty. So I have never actually been clean shaven.

Now, I understand it's ultimately a preference, but wondering what women on here think of beards?
Does your partner have a beard, do you want them to grow it? Shave it? Would you date someone with a real beard? etc.
No wrong responses.
Depends. If it's one of those long Smith Brothers cough drop beards, then no. Gross. A neat, trimmed beard can be good. But in no way does it make me think one is a bada$$.

Old 09-14-2023, 04:21 PM

21,960 posts, read 9,548,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaikikiWaves View Post
Women will give different answers. But let's try a thought experiment, let's say only 20% of women like beards and the other 80% prefer clean shaven. Does that mean you should shave if your only goal for sporting a beard is to attract women? Not so fast.

The supply side is equally important. Let's say only 5% of men sport beards. That means, you with a beard have a much better chance than being clean shaven.

Supply and demand.
I think you might need to go back and take some math classes.

Old 09-14-2023, 08:22 PM

2,984 posts, read 1,660,660 times
Can't stand facial hair.

Older men with gray/white facial hair appear older and sort of Santa Claus-y with beards. Not a good look imo. Unless they're playing Santa Claus.

Mustaches and goatees are marginal if the color is the man's youthful hair color.

Clean shaven is best.

Old 09-14-2023, 08:32 PM

1,838 posts, read 817,981 times
I commented before that I like beards but I saw a braided beard today. It isn’t the first time, but big NO on that one.

Old 09-15-2023, 03:37 PM

3,474 posts, read 3,397,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
OK then it's not that you object to beards as such, just unkempt and unhygienic ones.

Bearded guys, listen up: After you eat any food that might remotely get into your beard, excuse yourself to the men's room and inspect yourself in the mirror. Mastering the obvious, your beard hairs have no nerves so you won't feel it. People around you will, however, see it.

Food stuck in your teeth, in your beard, on your clothes, no, just no!
I already regularly check a lot of times a day, to make sure there isn't any food stuck in my facial hair. Do very well know to check for that, but thanks.

Old 09-15-2023, 03:48 PM

5,668 posts, read 3,176,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainsley1999 View Post
Like salt and pepper hair but on the chin with 5 o’clock shadow?

SnazzyB Do we have the same husband?!

Mine is more salt and pepper but trimmed nicely as well. I love to touch it with the back of my hand, it feels like sand pepper, like how our kitties lick me. (I swear it’s not as perverted as it’s written. )

Not a fan of ZZ Top “How are you gonna eat with that?!” full, long beard either.
I generally call those kind of beards "biker beards". LOL

Old 09-15-2023, 03:50 PM

5,668 posts, read 3,176,878 times
Not just to call out guys getting junk stuck in their beards...

I have long hair (no beard though) and I'm always getting makeup in my hair. And since my hair is white/silver, it shows up easy.

blush, mascara and foundation are the usual culprits.

Old 09-15-2023, 05:05 PM

10,581 posts, read 7,800,873 times
My wife doesn't.

She did like the goatee I recently grew out for a few months. I think it would look better if my facial hair wasn't gray. Gray hair on a white face isn't especially noticeable. White or dark hair would be an improvement.

IMO it looked OK but wasn't worth the maintenance and itch factor. Very little if any time saved by not shaving the entire face, btw.

Old 09-18-2023, 03:19 PM

371 posts, read 367,297 times
no
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty