Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2023, 11:35 AM

3,374 posts, read 1,966,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
This YouTube short popped up in my feed just now: (It's about Lutece)

https://youtube.com/shorts/eZ3Vt35yp...ADJxpQSiHwPEjM
I clicked on the link and spent about an hour watching a variety of miscellaneous videos on YouTube and enjoying the heck out of it I didn't see anything about Lutece, which is a fragrance I wore years ago, but there was a lot of entertainment and some DIY videos that I enjoyed.

Last edited by rfomd129; 09-16-2023 at 11:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2023, 11:46 AM

3,374 posts, read 1,966,962 times
Quote:
This link worked for me, hopefully it will work for others

https://youtu.be/Bcg8VHpMbBw?si=A4-q2ERQI3VsCKHl
Yup! That's the one. I wore it about twenty years ago and used to get a ton of compliments.

Old 09-16-2023, 03:08 PM

11,015 posts, read 6,870,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfomd129 View Post
I clicked on the link and spent about an hour watching a variety of miscellaneous videos on YouTube and enjoying the heck out of it I didn't see anything about Lutece, which is a fragrance I wore years ago, but there was a lot of entertainment and some DIY videos that I enjoyed.
You didn't see the one with the woman who decided to wear her grandmother's perfume and the restaurant guy came up to her and told her the whole restaurant said she smells like heaven?!

Old 09-16-2023, 05:21 PM

2,181 posts, read 2,318,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfomd129 View Post

Click Path's #87 link. It's there.
Those video shorts will reel you in every time lol

Lodestar - Yes! it is like flipping through a cookbook dreaming about trying the recipes. I already spent way too much time on Fragrantica. Now about to spend too much time reading the others you posted lol

Old 09-16-2023, 05:53 PM

371 posts, read 365,323 times
I only wear chanel and creed, there are a couple others tossed in. But most smell bad to me and never use scents made by a cosmetic company, celebrity or designer.

Old 09-17-2023, 10:32 PM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
I mentioned earlier that Dolly Parton's first perfume that relaunched last year is a wonderful light flowery scent - very Dolly: Scent From Above. I'd be interested in what others have to say.
Interesting. I would never have associated Dolly Parton with a perfume, but many other celebrities attach their names to them, so why not. I just wouldn't think of perfume as fitting in with the whole "country" thing.

Old 09-18-2023, 07:20 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Interesting. I would never have associated Dolly Parton with a perfume, but many other celebrities attach their names to them, so why not. I just wouldn't think of perfume as fitting in with the whole "country" thing.
Wait, you have seen Dolly's hair and makeup, right?
For a lot of women who are country, being ultra feminine (yet tough as nails) is where it's at!

Old 09-18-2023, 09:28 PM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Wait, you have seen Dolly's hair and makeup, right?
For a lot of women who are country, being ultra feminine (yet tough as nails) is where it's at!
I guess! I always thought of Dolly as more clowny than "feminine", and perfume didn't seem to jibe with the whole exaggerated country schtick, but that might just be me. In fact, I recently saw a photo of her as a young woman without all the heavy makeup and wigs, and she was PRETTY. I mean, her over-the-top looks got her where she was, and I do like her as she presented herself, and of course she could sing, but it was a bit startling to see how nice-looking and naturally feminine she actually was.

Old 09-18-2023, 10:55 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I mean, her over-the-top looks got her where she was
Nope.

Old 09-19-2023, 11:59 AM

1,873 posts, read 886,485 times
Welp, finally got the Dolly Tennessee Sunset perfume. I sprayed and walked through it like I always do, and was immediately assailed with a sweet cloying candy-ish scent. Could still smell it on my way to work. I like fresh, clean, flowery, light scents, so this seems rather heavy to me, but next time I'll spray my wrists and see how it goes. I'll also wait for the opinions of others who smell it on me before deciding whether to re-gift it to someone for Christmas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty